Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I struggle with decision paralysis. Today it's whether to focus my attention on Necro or Engi for the time being. I do like both of them a lot though I just am far too lazy to keep leveling characters at this point, and I'll probably have to make a final decision soon because video game brainworms

It would be nice if you could play around with elite specs from the off, like how wow does (did?) it. The experience from Core is so different from a lot of Elite specs it's hardly a good indication I'll even still like the guy at 80

Anyway sorry I'm rambling about nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This festival I managed to get my first ever super rare drop from the zephyrite boxes after spending around 80k research notes on thousands of boxes.

It was the 9g monocle :smith:

Meowywitch posted:

I struggle with decision paralysis. Today it's whether to focus my attention on Necro or Engi for the time being. I do like both of them a lot though I just am far too lazy to keep leveling characters at this point, and I'll probably have to make a final decision soon because video game brainworms

It would be nice if you could play around with elite specs from the off, like how wow does (did?) it. The experience from Core is so different from a lot of Elite specs it's hardly a good indication I'll even still like the guy at 80

Anyway sorry I'm rambling about nonsense

Why spend time leveling your other characters if you don't want to? you can easily go 1 to 80 without ever touching them by just playing the characters you do like, tomes of knowledge are abundant and maxing a crafting profession or two if you haven't already is another 10 levels each.

Also I'm pretty sure you can mess around with elite specs in sPvP and unlock the hero points for them in PvE by doing WvW.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 12, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh I didn't know that, I haven't been in WvW in about 10 years. Since before they split pve/pvp

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I play Necro so much that jumping in to WvW as most other classes is a stark reminder that I'm not actually good at the game.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I play Necro so much that jumping in to WvW as most other classes is a stark reminder that I'm not actually good at the game.

And luckily there is always worse.

I have no idea why but i jumped into wvw today on my scourge.

Got about 200 bags and only was 2 bags for the other sides.

Thats like so unheard of, normally im the first downed

(and i remember why i did wvw, the pve dailies sucked balls.)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I never do the more tedious pve dailies and feel bad for people who have to do stuff like "do 4 events in this zone where everyone else is trying to snipe events", it's just much faster to visit wvw for a couple minutes and snipe a supply dolyak or claim land or buy something for honor marks and for pvp use a stockpile of pvp reward potions for daily pvp rewards when you don't want to touch that awful mode.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
wvw is such a great mode and i wish it got more dev attention, but i'm also one of the weirdos who doesn't mind the "new" wvw map too much :v:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I've come around on desert borderlands, the navigation map could be better but once you learn how it works it's a nice change.

I will also say that I'm not sure more dev attention to wubs would help. The new rewards stuff is a step in the right direction, and at least didn't make anything worse.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Maybe WvW is good if you have a mount to get around on, but jesus christ it's tedious on foot.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

El Fideo posted:

Maybe WvW is good if you have a mount to get around on, but jesus christ it's tedious on foot.

Sure, but the mount isn't that awful.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Everyone should get Warclaw by default, for sure. Locking away mobility for new players who are already likely to fall behind is dumb.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The warclaw was a mistake to add, especially gating it behind a long timegate.

It's surprising that in 10 years of the game they only added a desert borderlands map and there are still 2 alpine maps, you'd think they would of just made a jungle or cantha themed borderland, but they probably would of felt like they couldn't just give it a new look with the same layout and would of had to "desert borderlands" it with weird gimmicks and confusing map paths that half the players dislike.

I'd like it if they remembered the forgotten content of edge of the mists and made it more relevant again.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
the older something is the less likely anet is to ever touch it again reaching 0% around 10 weeks

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

instead of having to grind up a warclaw everyone should get a free siege turtle. every deathball should be a bale of slowly advancing decked out turtles

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Weaver is loving crazy

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Honestly if they revisited the latter half of IBS to make it less... terrible I don't think anyone would complain.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Well, people would complain, they spent a year re-releasing the cut content of season 1 and in that timeframe the game was rather stagnate and nothing got added to EoD for a year and ended abruptly in gyala, so if they spent a year reworking IBS they would complain nothing actually new was added.

The solution is to do better the first time around.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well they didn't do that so the actual solution would probably be something like low priority revamps. I still think reintroducing LS1 was worth it because so much of the later content reference it yet newcomers couldn't play it for years, but it definitely shouldn't have stopped new EoD content coming out for an entire year :wtchris:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Syenite posted:

Honestly if they revisited the latter half of IBS to make it less... terrible I don't think anyone would complain.

you mean to say you didn't like the thrilling climax of the Icebrood Saga?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hypnotized by your dancing shtola

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The warclaw was a mistake to add, especially gating it behind a long timegate.

It's surprising that in 10 years of the game they only added a desert borderlands map and there are still 2 alpine maps, you'd think they would of just made a jungle or cantha themed borderland, but they probably would of felt like they couldn't just give it a new look with the same layout and would of had to "desert borderlands" it with weird gimmicks and confusing map paths that half the players dislike.

I'd like it if they remembered the forgotten content of edge of the mists and made it more relevant again.

Yeah seriously, at this point the warclaw should be unlocked for everyone by just spending 1-5 points on it rather than having to do the the dumb collect-ation, and not having a third borderlands does make it seem pretty glaring as abandoned content.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Warclaw at least slightly alleviates the classic WvW issue of running...... very...... slowly....... to........ the.............. objective and then immediately dying and having to run back. Again.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

It's still just absolutely stupid that you have to complete the full reward track and everything for having the privilege of keeping up with other people.

And no, the perk that pulses out move speed to others is not a solution, as it hardly ever works as intended so you can still be left in the dust.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

whydirt posted:

Make it a Sylvari and you can be a Woke Vine Virus

Make it a big fat Norn, call em Woke Wine Virus

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Malpais Legate posted:

It's still just absolutely stupid that you have to complete the full reward track and everything for having the privilege of keeping up with other people.

And no, the perk that pulses out move speed to others is not a solution, as it hardly ever works as intended so you can still be left in the dust.

Yeah, that always bugged me. With the upcoming expansion now offering a skyscale to new players, why not throw in an easy to acquire warclaw, too? It would be a great way to breathe life back into WvW. The mount system is so amazing, it needs to be front and center as a highlight “hook” to entice new/existing folks to play.

And they end up buying gem store mount skins, so Anet still profits.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Jedah posted:

The mount system is so amazing, it needs to be front and center as a highlight “hook” to entice new/existing folks to play.

''-Actually no, let's make the griffon a secret. ''
-''What about the beetle and the skyscale? ''
-''You can give those away in free patches''

-anet marketing department 2017

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Jedah posted:

Yeah, that always bugged me. With the upcoming expansion now offering a skyscale to new players, why not throw in an easy to acquire warclaw, too? It would be a great way to breathe life back into WvW. The mount system is so amazing, it needs to be front and center as a highlight “hook” to entice new/existing folks to play.

100%

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Jedah posted:

Please do this Anet. WvW is not fun when I'm doing my best to try to help/contribute/have fun, but dust is all I see with red names running in my direction.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Malpais Legate posted:

It's emblematic of ANet's inconsistent prioritizing of issues. The pulsing of boons for Herald was changed from a 3s timer to a 1s timer within days of it becoming a problem. The Warclaw pulsing runspeed only every 10s (?) should be an equally easy fix. And people would still pick up their own as one of their first WvW goals.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've discovered deep down inside that I was actually born to shoot sun afflicted missiles at people

So there's that at least

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Some map flythroughs and a rift hunting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruh4vvw84qc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWikwEB6_Ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-53sEa1M6c

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The rifts are such a boring idea done so many times in other games I can't believe they are actually going with them as the flagship feature.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
My decision to hold off on pre-ordering continues to be vindicated.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mr. Neutron posted:

The rifts are such a boring idea done so many times in other games I can't believe they are actually going with them as the flagship feature.

They're a really good idea though. "Just go to the rift and kill some random thangs" is a good part of a gameplay loop

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure

They're replacing the daily rewards system. It's basically a (better) version of WOW's new Trading Post system and removes some FOMO by putting the older rewards in a legacy shop where you can still purchase them for points (but more than they were when it was that month).

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Rifts are boring but effective, as long as they're not overtuned shitslogs that can easily be found to keep the dopamine pump going. My biggest concern though -

- what the gently caress is up with her hand.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm just happy about being able to use new weapons :)

octan3
Jul 10, 2004
DoNt dO DrUgs

Cutedge posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure

They're replacing the daily rewards system. It's basically a (better) version of WOW's new Trading Post system and removes some FOMO by putting the older rewards in a legacy shop where you can still purchase them for points (but more than they were when it was that month).

This looks like a good quality of life piece. As someone who never does the daily challenges I'm hopeful it'll be easy to get rewards through it.

Wonder what happens with the chest of loyalty? It might be on you to buy the equivalent parts of it

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

octan3 posted:

This looks like a good quality of life piece. As someone who never does the daily challenges I'm hopeful it'll be easy to get rewards through it.

Wonder what happens with the chest of loyalty? It might be on you to buy the equivalent parts of it

If it means I don't waste login rewards on another tome of experience I'm for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't pre-ordered, since august-september is so chock full of games I want to play already. At this point I still feel that I do want to play, though, but I've seen open world so much I have to see what it's like now and how much of a grind PVE legendary armor will be.

With EoD, Elden Ring took hold for me so when I finally got into the campaign, everyone had already ran through and maybe it was another factor on why it felt bad for me.