Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

Lmao at the mortgage calculator

For only $220k/month, this mcmansion can be YOURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

blarzgh posted:

I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend at the Cowboys preseason game on Saturday lmao

did she say yes

You know that guy is gonna be telling all his buddies that he proposed at a Cowboys game and conveniently ignore the preseason part

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blarzgh posted:

I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend at the Cowboys preseason game on Saturday lmao

A marriage that will last until the divisional round.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I literally can not give pre season tickets away. If that’s the best you can do for your proposal…

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do they still make you buy them ? starters don’t even play anymore in any of them

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BiggerBoat posted:

Green Bay or Cleveland types, looking at things now. Oakland or Washington.
Definitely not Oakland.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

euphronius posted:

Do they still make you buy them ? starters don’t even play anymore in any of them

Yup!

It anybody want to go to Giants/Panthers on Friday PM me. 6 tix and 2 parking passes. Gratis.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

They make season ticket holders(who we got our tickets from) pay for them as part of the package

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

did she say yes

You know that guy is gonna be telling all his buddies that he proposed at a Cowboys game and conveniently ignore the preseason part

She did!

Quiet Feet posted:

A marriage that will last until the divisional round.

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

blarzgh posted:

They make season ticket holders(who we got our tickets from) pay for them as part of the package

does it alternate 2/1 every year now that there's only 3, or do they still just collect for 2 and put the balance toward postseason tickets/renewals

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

does it alternate 2/1 every year now that there's only 3, or do they still just collect for 2 and put the balance toward postseason tickets/renewals

No idea I'm too poor

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
According to an rear end in a top hat coworker, there's a petition going around to bring back the old, racist Washington team name. He's a Back the Blue, Nobody Wants to Work Anymore regular ordinary rear end in a top hat aside from that but he's made this a mission or sorts from what I can tell.

I don't know what it is that generates passion for this dumb poo poo or why anyone wouldn't just move on and not die on that hill but this dude wears the old logo on his lanyard badge and is real vocal about it. Another dude said it's not a big deal because his ex wife is Native American and she and her sisters said it wasn't racist.

So I was in the minority this morning arguing against using a slur to (re)name a professional sports team.

According to some Google searches, it's not as big a deal as some made it out to be so I don't loving know but it seems pretty offensive to my lily white rear end and good loving luck getting it reinstated in any case.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
just laugh at him and tell him it's pathetic

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BiggerBoat posted:

According to an rear end in a top hat coworker, there's a petition going around to bring back the old, racist Washington team name. He's a Back the Blue, Nobody Wants to Work Anymore regular ordinary rear end in a top hat aside from that but he's made this a mission or sorts from what I can tell.

I don't know what it is that generates passion for this dumb poo poo or why anyone wouldn't just move on and not die on that hill but this dude wears the old logo on his lanyard badge and is real vocal about it. Another dude said it's not a big deal because his ex wife is Native American and she and her sisters said it wasn't racist.

So I was in the minority this morning arguing against using a slur to (re)name a professional sports team.

According to some Google searches, it's not as big a deal as some made it out to be so I don't loving know but it seems pretty offensive to my lily white rear end and good loving luck getting it reinstated in any case.

People associate change with negativity and will lump in all progress together. It's kind of like how Gen Xers/Millenials will get mad at zoomers loving up youtube or using neo pronouns.

The better thing to do is ignore it rather than spreading the negativity, even as an anecdote. Makes people ignore it after a while if you constantly harp about the latest chud opinion.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Just tell him that major Native American confederations, like the Cherokee and the Comanche in particular, after the introduction of the Horse to north America and prior to westward expansion by the whites, were incredibly violent and hostile, committed literal and cultural genocide against untold numbers of smaller tribes, and that Frankly, you don't want your football team associated with that kind of thing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Zeke Elliot finds a home with my second most hated NFL team

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...paign=editorial

Cowboys FA Ezekiel Elliott, Patriots Reportedly Expected to Agree to 1-Year Contract

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Frankly I think disparaging a marriage proposal just because it's a preseason game is incredibly classist.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The proposals don’t even count !

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

The proposals don’t even count !

euphronius I have a divorce proceedings legal question

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

Frankly I think disparaging a marriage proposal just because it's a preseason game is incredibly classist.

Did she say "no"?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

euphronius I have a divorce proceedings legal question

Since its Cowboy fans we can assume there was no ring involved.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

Does the ring make the enjoinder legally binding? Would you have to get the ticket stubs notarized?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In Texas if the wedding is called off you have to give the engagement ring back

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've never been to an NFL game (mostly out of cowardice and social anxiety but also prices wow) so I don't like the idea of putting down a happy young couple like this. Even if it's cowboys fans. The NFC East is all about building bridges and relationships, not tearing them down.

gently caress
THE
DALLAS
COWBOYS

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

euphronius posted:

The Dallas Cowboys are famously bereft of rings

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

euphronius posted:

In Texas if the wedding is called off you have to give the engagement ring back

in PA too if it wasn't (arguably) a Christmas, birthday, or anniversary gift

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

I've never been to an NFL game (mostly out of cowardice and social anxiety but also prices wow)

lol

euphronius posted:

Even harder lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The cowboys won a lot 30 years ago.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Too bad football didn't start until 2013

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Doltos posted:

Too bad football didn't start until 2013

No, Football ended in 1992

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

This is underrated

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/beauffa/status/1691669094167138586?t=Abp4vR8JC_a3zaxFIO1t4Q&s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is that a child?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
few things really hammer home how insane NFL scale is quite like seeing someone 5'5" on the line of scrimmage and being incapable of discerning them from a child

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Asproigerosis posted:

Is that a child?

For fucks sake can yall let the Cowboys break one goddamn rule and/or federal law please??????

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I watched some of the Cowboys/Jags preseason game and this Deuce Vaughn guy scares me a little bit. Immediately reminded me of peak Darren Sproles or a less powerful Maurice Jones Drew. I know it's only preseason but dude has that low to the ground, shifty, decisive and explosive running style that gives defenses fits on draw plays and third downs.

Wonder if Dallas might use him to return kicks?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I watched some of the Cowboys/Jags preseason game and this Deuce Vaughn guy scares me a little bit. Immediately reminded me of peak Darren Sproles or a less powerful Maurice Jones Drew. I know it's only preseason but dude has that low to the ground, shifty, decisive and explosive running style that gives defenses fits on draw plays and third downs.

Wonder if Dallas might use him to return kicks?

If I was squared up in front of Deuce Vaughn on the line of scrimmage, I’d look him right in the eye and proclaim in a growling voice: “I’m about to drop a Deuce…”

Then I’d probably get killed into the astroturf.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So that's not a child?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Asproigerosis posted:

So that's not a child?

That's a 6th round draft pick.

Here's a highlight video that starts with two bigass TDs in the Big 12 championship game and the subsequent bowl game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAFEMZNxRoE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I wish he wasn't a cowboy because I want to root very hard for the child to be good