Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It's the QR from the instruction books, so you need to at least open the box to scan them, can't do it to random sets in a store, unless you're a piece of poo poo ripping open boxes to scan instruction books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My guess is that you will be able to scan or even just write in sets you have and it's going to give you a point or two in some giant pool of points that can eventually be redeemed for store credit. Like, "scan your set you already own and get a free Lego point!" while buying a big set nets 100,000 points or whatever. Just sounds like a thing Lego is trying to increase engagement. Getting actual money back is going to involve buying at a Lego store or (now) Target.

The Target thing is cool though. I shop at target every week and frequently buy sets there cause I'm too lazy to drive to the Lego store.

E:

Veotax posted:

It's the QR from the instruction books, so you need to at least open the box to scan them, can't do it to random sets in a store, unless you're a piece of poo poo ripping open boxes to scan instruction books.

Ah, ok. But to be clear, the rewards are not in the same stratosphere as actually buying at a Lego store and registering it there right?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

A lot of the rationale for the VIP program is to get you to buy sets from Lego rather than retailers so they aren’t going to give you many points if you buy from a retailer.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Final version of the insect collection revealed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

smackfu posted:

A lot of the rationale for the VIP program is to get you to buy sets from Lego rather than retailers so they aren’t going to give you many points if you buy from a retailer.

Well, that and also buying at a Lego store is actual confirmation of buying the set while scanning something yourself is not. Even QR codes aren't unique afaik. The system is so easy to game there's no way the rewards are meaningful. I have about 15k msrp of Lego sets sitting around with all the instructions and boxes. VIP gives about $5 back on every 100 spent. They aren't going to just give me $750 for scanning all my instructions lol.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Those are some quality insect models.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah wow, that is a gorgeous looking set.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It's 20 points per set according to Brick Fanatics, so like 40 sets for a £5 voucher?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Junkenstein posted:

It's 20 points per set according to Brick Fanatics, so like 40 sets for a £5 voucher?

Well that would kinda kill any interest I have in bothering with VIP points, so that's sad. Weird choice to make all sets count for the same point value as they continue to push out multiple $300+ sets a year. Maybe they'll restructure rewards as well?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

That's just the QR codes to be clear. Stuff bought direct from Lego will still give 5% worth.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
brb...hitting up ebay to find every single set they have made since 2019 and finding auctions with good pics of the covers so I can go on a scanathon.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Junkenstein posted:

That's just the QR codes to be clear. Stuff bought direct from Lego will still give 5% worth.

Oh that makes way more sense then.

That insects set is really great and a must-buy as a Bug Person.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Wow, that Insect set turned out to be absolutely freaking incredible. I liked hachiroku24's original submission but wasn't sure if I'd buy it. Count me as fully sold after seeing the official glam-up. The final Preying Mantis is SO awesome. I'd love to know more about what happened during the development phase, mainly how much input hachiroku24 had on the final product. I know that there was a ton of communication and collaboration during the A-Frame's submission to release cycle, hopefully it's told in the same way at the beginning of the instructions.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
re: Lego Aliens

I got Ripley on AliExpress.
The flame thrower is from a company called Brick Forge, but it seems to be out of print.
The Pulse Rifle is from Brick Arms, and is still available. http://www.brickarms.com/M41A-Pulse-Rifle.php
I can't remember where I got that Xenomorph design. I wish I could credit the creator. :(

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

These are great. And check out the sand green revolvers on the mantis' feet!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lizard Combatant posted:

Finally happy with my Power Loader! Alien Queen is up next!

Turns out I follow you on Insta. Love this model!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

Turns out I follow you on Insta. Love this model!

Hah, glad to have you! It's, uh, a select cohort at this point.

And thanks!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
The new small batmobile rules so much. I gotta say I’m beginning to like the mid size but packed builds like the Executor a lot more these days.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I just noticed my local Target doesn't have the Dreamz sets in stock. It's on the website though. I wonder what that means for the series.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
They've only been out 2 weeks. It's possible they haven't put them out yet because of lack of shelf space. Maybe they don't want to clearance things out. Who knows.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Target stock resets are happening now, so it won’t be long.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Grabbing the '67 Ford Mustang GT/Fastback next month and then I'm starting to go for the older more obscure Psiaki sets like Vacation Getaways and Yellow Racers

Rivendell will be a treat around Halloween probably

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

The_Doctor posted:

Target stock resets are happening now, so it won’t be long.

I got my local Target's last Viking Ship on clearance a few weeks ago, there were a few other sets they were getting rid of as well though none of the others were retiring this year, IIRC.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Moving along now, despite my best efforts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkCtUZ8jc-8

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Lizard Combatant posted:

Finally happy with my Power Loader! Alien Queen is up next!

This rules so much and I just ordered the parts to build it!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
howdy

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Heya pardner

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

I love you so drat much

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

oh poo poo

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

What is this supposed to be?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

Someone never returned the Platnum Chip in Fallout: New Vegas.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
My high rear end saw claptrap

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

trevorreznik posted:

It's Victor, a robot who plays a major part in the plot of Fallout: New Vegas. He's the one who digs you out of the shallow grave you're left in after the game's opening cinematic, and generally pops up from time to time to guide you through the plot.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

spaced ninja posted:

This rules so much and I just ordered the parts to build it!

Thanks, so glad you like it!

gently caress yeah!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The Queen is done!

Super happy that I was able to use the epaulettes piece as teeth (the whole reason I started this thing), it just required some unorthodox connections hidden inside the head to make them stay put, since they have zero clutch.

This thing wasn't fun to try and photograph, all black and with a massive tail. Plus I'm impatient and don't have a good setup.

Here's some shots with the power loader, the scale is.... fine, if you ignore the VFX shots in ALIENS where the full puppet queen is way too small next to the puppet power loader.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's dope as poo poo. Good job.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Your AV + Queen tail reminded me I need to go and check if that Kiryu/Mecha-Godzilla model ever got finished

https://twitter.com/deraLEGO/status/1658425995685404673

Goddamn I don't buy custom models, but I sure as gently caress would buy this one.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Thanks!

Infinitum posted:

Your AV + Queen tail reminded me I need to go and check if that Kiryu/Mecha-Godzilla model ever got finished

https://twitter.com/deraLEGO/status/1658425995685404673

Goddamn I don't buy custom models, but I sure as gently caress would buy this one.

This owns, do they do a classic Zilla too i wonder?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

Thanks!

This owns, do they do a classic Zilla too i wonder?

No idea. I'll check later.

I think there's a Godzilla in review atm as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Lizard Combatant posted:

The Queen is done!

"Get away from her you bricks!"

Awesome build. The epaulets as teeth... :kiss: