Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

While it would be extremely funny, I doubt Bungie was up for being bought by Microsoft again

What's better than getting back with the people that worked you to death and made you give up your own baby to leave? Toss in the people that almost shut you down. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We know from the ongoing FTC hearings that Microsoft wanted to! Pete Parsons had alluded to it in the past, but now we know that MS one way or another got to dig through Bungie's financials.

As of the Beyond Light era, Microsoft was put off by the high burn-rate at Bungie at the time (meaning how quickly they were burning through their cash reserves) but they specifically valued "securing valuable IP, Destiny (and its community) and integration of its dev & live ops infrastructure into Xbox Game Studios"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Microsoft 100% would've tried very hard to buy them. They're desperate

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stop kicking me to orbit while I'm doing flawless stuff Bungie you fucks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBA Starblade posted:

Stop kicking me to orbit while I'm doing flawless stuff Bungie you fucks

It's been a bit since I played because of BG3 and yeah. Kicked to orbit kicked to orbit kicked to orbit...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I was doing the Lightfall campaign on my long-neglected hunter and suddenly enemies stopped moving and killing them just caused them to immediately come back. After a little while I got kicked to orbit and I was unable to relaunch the mission. Time to go to bed.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
KTO twice due to bungie networking errors and suspended for 30 while trying to play trials 👍

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Collateral Damage posted:

I was doing the Lightfall campaign on my long-neglected hunter and suddenly enemies stopped moving and killing them just caused them to immediately come back. After a little while I got kicked to orbit and I was unable to relaunch the mission. Time to go to bed.

I thought something was up because all the traps in Grasp despawned. Then the platforms did too. :rip:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Sony paid for live service experts not infrastructure experts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Things seemed to have stabilized for a bit there but yeah tonight was as bad as I can remember it being all year. Buncha codes I've never even see too, I got like ten cabbages.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well I didn't get flawless since servers, but I did get master GoA done with friends instead, so I have three pieces of mediocre artifice armor (half mobility roll half discipline) and the gjallasparrow, so that's neat

I will probably gently caress up forever the sparrow race and get eye blasted by the ogre a ton getting this shader later if I'm not crashing to orbit lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 15, 2023

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

MJeff posted:

I got like ten cabbages.

This sounds like a nickname for the next version of Ascendant Shards.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

I got like ten cabbages.

if the current thread title was not perfect, this would be a good contender

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Please stop making fun of my cabbages.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
And when you look up the error code it states that you, the player, should resolve your obvious network problem.

Yeah. I'll get right on in that. Wth the rest of my party who also got booted yet strangely can all still communicate on Xbox chat.

They might as well change all these WEASELS into LOL gently caress YOU for all the help it gives

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Joe on damage control today, Jesus Christ. Pete Parsons is just off camera holding his lines & also a gun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
To be more specific:

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1691512349398822914

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I feel bad for the Marathon devs who got sent back down to the basement to work on Destiny 2 Crucible, holy crap

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

funny that new shaxx VO is what is stopping new modes from being added to pvp

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I mean, they have seasonal objectives for gambit and crucible. Either support the game you are asking your players to play or cut it from everything, like they are going to do to gambit.

These don’t seem like crazy asks considering bungie considers pvp an important part of the game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I feel bad for the Marathon devs who got sent back down to the basement to work on Destiny 2 Crucible, holy crap

A fate worse than death

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

My best summary:

- TFS showcase will detail how the live services of Destiny will change after TFS. Joe and Pete will be answering more detailed questions once the showcase is over
- Maps will now come in map packs once per year, multiple maps dropping at once, but these maps will be specialized for each game mode and may not be repeated across separate modes the way current maps are
- Bigger focus on moving modes out of Crucible Labs into the main playlists
- Comp will move to a system where the points you earn or lose after a match will be more predictable instead of gaining less if your skill ranking is higher than your opponents', etc.
- "PVP Strike Team" is being formed, Joe compares this to the rescue teams made after Curse of Osiris for the reward economy, says this wasn't something they talked about doing publicly before but feels it's necessary now, almost accidentally calls the TWID the TWAB still
- Admits armor team was focused mostly on endgame armor, "armor people really care about," should've communicated this earlier, promises a new set of playlist armor for TFS, says a set of previously-planned Eververse armor will be ritual rewards next season
- Joe promises greater communication from branded accounts and will be doing his own personal streams of his own gameplay where players can chat with him, will invite some big players and influencers to join him
- Ctrl+f "gambit," zero results

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao

Can we have pikes and interceptors in maps back too please

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kith posted:

historically bungie has not been particularly vocal about seeing/caring about negative feedback because they tend to respond to it by implementing fixes to the things people are mad about. the issue with this strategy is long periods of dead air giving the implication that bungie does not give a poo poo about what people are mad about but then they implement a highly requested feature or walk back an insanely stupid decision and players stop bitching for a few weeks. then something else worth getting mad about happens and the cycle begins anew

we have reached the underlined portion. see y'all next cycle

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

quote:

- Admits armor team was focused mostly on endgame armor, "armor people really care about," should've communicated this earlier, promises a new set of playlist armor for TFS, says a set of previously-planned Eververse armor will be ritual rewards next season

I feel like unhappy gamers will coalesce around specific complaints just because everyone else is complaining about them. I can't remember the last time I cared about vanguard/crucible/gambit armor, and the seasonal + ornament sets, raid, and dungeon armors have come out at a steady pace.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ponzicar posted:

I feel like unhappy gamers will coalesce around specific complaints just because everyone else is complaining about them. I can't remember the last time I cared about vanguard/crucible/gambit armor, and the seasonal + ornament sets, raid, and dungeon armors have come out at a steady pace.

For me it's because it's something Bungie explicitly promised, did once, and then didn't bother with ever again. It seriously wouldn't be as much of an issue if it wasn't something they said themselves they were going to do and then just didn't. Admitting it's not happening long after people noticed it wasn't only made matters worse.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

ponzicar posted:

I think it's a combination of people decrying Bungie having gone back on their word on a new ritual armor set each expansion and chafing at the reason for it, that not many people use the ritual armor sets in the first place to justify the resources to invest in it, because the Ritual armor sets look plain compared to sets coming out of the Eververse, Raids/Dungeons, and Seasons

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's not that it looks plain, it's that it has no gameplay value since its stats are inferior to most other armor sources. If it looked fantastic it might attract a few transmogs but they need to make it more appealing as a build component

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I liked the titan set! They added it to the game as Blues without any gambit snakes or vanguard birds or whatever, and it looked sharp

Of course a lot of goofuses didn't even notice and were grumbling about worthless Blues dropping

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Remember, dungeon’s guns and armor are extra cause they pay wall them. Just cause we all buy the expensive edition, doesn’t mean they are part of lightfall.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All those PvPers cheering for map packs are gonna be real mad again when they realize that all Bungie is doing is taking the 1 new map, 2 reprised maps thing they were doing anyway and releasing them all at once instead of piecemeal over the entire year.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I am not switching my 68 one in a life time armor for something that is 56 but looks cooler.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Closed mouths don't get fed

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

aledesma posted:

I am not switching my 68 one in a life time armor for something that is 56 but looks cooler.

yes but you might transmog it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At least give it +5% rep in the ritual playlist it came from like the seasonal armors, then at least it would do *something* and you know some segment of the audience would find that worthwhile

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

aledesma posted:

that's what transmog is for. I don't use 90% of the armor pieces I get, but I do actively seek out collecting every new one so I can unlock it with transmog.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

It is difficult to look at Joe's face when he talks. Thank you for summarizing that. Also, I do not envy being Joe.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Not sure what new maps are going to do for PVP at this point. Just bring back the vaulted maps. Except Emperors Respite. All traces of that map should be destroyed.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
idgi

what did they expect the response to last week's update to be? They ripped the bandaid off, people said ouch and they put the bandaid back on

Now they are just going to have to do the exact same thing in a year

and I say this as a crucible fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I dunno, every time they do this, the game ends up in a great spot in 5-6 months. That's right around when TFS will come out so maybe it's fine? Take a break until game is good again if you really dont like it right now otherwise it's same old destiny.