Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What about my Fallout 3 mod that adds purple lightsabers and a romanceable Count Dooku companion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nobody here is worthy of romancing Christopher Lee, don't kid yourself.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Tungsten posted:

holy crap lois, a talking deathclaw

petah, why is this sex doll named after you??

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tungsten posted:

yes it was

no it wasn't

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:mods:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dareon posted:

"Comrade, no need to steal hubcap. Is yours." -Kim, probably

Kim would do anything for Harry, but I'm also pretty sure he would bust a cap in any fool who dared defile his Coupris.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Skippy McPants posted:

Kim would do anything for Harry, but I'm also pretty sure he would bust a cap in any fool who dared defile his Coupris.

you can get his hubcaps without mods, it's just hosed up

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I know. I’m just saying, you oughta not do the lieutenant dirty like that.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
baldur's gate

Mega64
May 23, 2008

*looks at groin* "What's up, doc?"

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Air Skwirl posted:

no it wasn't

duck season

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Boris continues having a normal one in the ENB shader compiling messages.

In extremely related news, Doodlez has the light limit remover working and it just working on optimizing it. Boris really cannot handle that there is an alternative to his everything-phobic rear end now.

This message is full of insanity, my favorite part is "MODS WITHOUT SPLASH SCREENS MIGHT BE VIRUSES".

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mod Update: Added Mod Author Meltdown to Changelog

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

quote:

some people think gays are holy cows

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's amazing that he's calling other people stupid- I mean uneducated when he blames having installed mods with viruses on... a lack of start screen messages?!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

shut the gently caress up boris

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's August!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Boris off the shits again in the mod splash screen

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo never mind, my TLDR is that Boris was mad they're doing what he can do, but no more split meshes?! That's nuts!

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Orv posted:

It's August!

Meltdown May is forever.

*in that kid from The Sandlot voice* Forr. Evv Urr.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i too am acting as in heat and wants an attention

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
When the omnipotent gay cow rhetoric comes out, you know our guy is really going through it

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

What's this new game in town, I'm out of the loop

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

beats for junkies posted:

Meltdown May is forever.

*in that kid from The Sandlot voice* Forr. Evv Urr.

you're killing me smalls

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Magmarashi posted:

IIRC it's called Community Shaders? I don't have time to dig up a Nexus link right now though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ah, I see Boris has calmed down from calling for a doxx on the makers of the other mod so he can fistfight them in person.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dust ups to dog whistles is I guess progress?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
"Why are people lying and accusing me of being a homophobe, transphobe and racist just because I say homophobic, transphobic and racist things constantly?"
"Don't they understand someone posted something gay years ago in the offtopic enb forums that little kids could of seen?"

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Sir, this is a Wendy's compiler log.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Magmarashi posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/86492

Its called Community Shaders and it performs a similar function to ENB while also being less resource intensive. They've also recently updated it with some cool tech I don't understand but is apparently Very Good.

In short, better than ENB, which is why Boris is so incredibly mad

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
is Boris the Empress of modding?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Transphobic Russian who loves Going Off On One? Oh yeah

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shemagh (CBBE-2K-Unisex)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And bethesda can't even be bothered to make your guns not clip through your armour smdh

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

What the chest armor lacks in coverage, it makes up for with durable pneumatic comfort.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Mega64 posted:

Bethesda is great at making fun worlds encased in garbage games.

I've learned over the years that mods can only do so much to fix a Bethesda game. Maybe I'll finally learn that lesson and never try to mod Skyrim again.

Earlier this year I picked up Skyrim again with a bunch of mods to strike the DLCs out of my backlog, and I have to agree with this notion: mods can fix/improve a lot of things, but there are just core issues with the game that you can't really mod out.

I think the problem with Bethesda is that they've been steadily getting worse over time. In addition to Skyrim, I finally played through Morrowind, and in watching some videos on it and other TES games, something I saw pointed out is that Bethesda like to strip out things that are broken-but-fun (ex. stacking INT boosts to get an absurdly high Alchemy to make absurdly powerful potions, levitating around, etc), but fail to fix things are broken-and-annoying (quest that won't proceed because of broken scripting, difficulty balancing, etc.) It's fun when an NPC bugs out and starts trying to swim through lava, but it's fleeting, and it doesn't necessarily make up for other shortcomings in the game.

I'm not trying to say, 'Bethesda is full of hacks', but it's pretty egregious that they've re-released Skyrim at least twice in the last decade (if you're counting Special Edition and Anniversary Edition), but you still need a ton of community patches and fixes to address issues that you think they'd have repaired in all that time. It's not to say you can't get any enjoyment out of them, but there's a lot of room for improvement. Maybe Starfield will turn things around, but the gameplay footage made it look like it plays similarly to Fallout 4, so we'll just have to wait and see.

the thread posted:

Bethesda and Fallout

When it comes to critique of Fallout 3, I point to Tim Cain's comments on it.

I don't really care for Fallout 3, but if I were to defend Bethesda on it, I think the issue is that they were in a weird spot where compared to TES, they were working on something that they didn't create themselves, and they didn't really have (at least to my knowledge) any input from the original devs. I feel like Fallout 3 suffers from a lot of cargo cult design choices (including factions like the BoS and Super Mutants, or enemies like the Deathclaw, even though it doesn't make any geographical sense), but to argue against one of Cain's points, I think if they had stripped out a lot of the recognizable factions/iconic designs, people might've said that it didn't really seem like a Fallout game.

With Fallout 4, and later Fallout 76, what occurred to me is that Bethesda seems to use Fallout as a guinea pig for ideas. Skyrim's perks I think were largely inspired by the perks in Fallout 3, and Fallout 4 experimented with things like the Mass Effect style dialog system and the settlement building system. I haven't played Fallout 76 (don't care to), but based on everything I heard in regards to that game, it seemed like an experiment in how much BS your audience will tolerate.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
These games from 12 and 15 years ago that I've played ad infinitum really need mods to work for me today. Curse Bethesda for experimenting with new things in later games, or not, both of which I'll criticize.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

You didn't post the best picture:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Brainamp posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/86492

Its called Community Shaders and it performs a similar function to ENB while also being less resource intensive. They've also recently updated it with some cool tech I don't understand but is apparently Very Good.

In short, better than ENB, which is why Boris is so incredibly mad

what it lacks in cutting edge ENB features, it makes up for in being modular and actually letting me play the game at a sensible framerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

beats for junkies posted:

You didn't post the best picture:

Finally! A weapon to surpass....Metal gear!