Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Referee loves Spain in these last moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Crooked ref

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
There won't be a cuckoo clock wound in the streets of Malmö tonight

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
thats a huge loving dive lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Shrapnig posted:

This referee has gone to poo poo in the last five minutes

She was pretty poor in the first half too imo

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

not dead yet posted:

At least this one won't end in penos, the best team is through, Sweden needed to be better imo, etc etc

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Congratulations Spain on winning the 2023 world cup!

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
gently caress me that was a game.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Good stuff from Spain in the last 10 minutes. Sweden defense and goalie lost the plot imo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
On the understanding that the best ref will get the final, Spain are gonna struggle when they can’t fall over and recycle possession for the last 30 mins

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That absolutely should have been a corner at the end tho

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Spain shipped 4 to Japan in the group stage, they're completely unpredictable. I'd say both England and Australia are way stronger than Sweden, the final will be really something.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Lol at the Spanish coach standing around awkwardly while the players completely ignore him

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Amazing that a dysfunctional team like Spain manages to get to the final.

That final goal was a scorcher tho.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Well RIP Sweden.

Cruised the group with 9 points, were hopeless vs the US, dominated Japan, then looked bad vs Spain.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Did the Spanish players celebrate with the coach today?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Xabi posted:

nope

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Xabi posted:

I assume they celebrated with the ref instead

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Buffis posted:

I assume they celebrated with the ref instead

:hmmyes:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
https://twitter.com/anndeejam/status/1691569223678718112

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Feeling nervous already tbh

Blows my mind that in Sydney they’ve opened up not one, but two 45,000 seat stadiums to screen the match. In addition to the 80,000 seat stadium where the match is actually being played.

Also saw an interesting comment that basically the three most-watched sporting events in modern Australian history are all women: Matildas, Ash Barty in the Aus Open final the other year, and Cathy Freeman’s olympics final. But ya know, nobody wants to watch women’s sport mate

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

all power to australia, the country I hate least of these 3

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I have Belgium style locally brewed Madocke beers, 12 year old Redbreast cask strength single pot still whiskey and many delicious snacks awaiting me for the game. Giddy up. Go the Matildas.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ItohRespectArmy posted:

all power to australia, the country I hate least of these 3

:hmmyes:

Spain's continued insistence on winning makes it far less likely their shithead coach that players are boycotting the team over is going to go away.

And England is England.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently you can't buy an Arnold jersey cause Nike didn't do keeper jerseys.

If I was gonna get one it'd for sure be hers

:negative:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Just send England to the 3rd place match, pls.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Good luck to the Aussies. May the best team (England) win.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr. Mambold posted:

Just send England to the 3rd place match, pls.

Don't worry mate, we're about to indulge ourselves on one of our favourite pastimes.

Beating the English at a game they invented.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013
I'm half dead because I am tired and trying to sleep but my body clock demands I say gently caress England as a point of national pride*

*go Australia, the closest thing to Ireland I have in this last round

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Today I feel like an england win

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

the sex ghost posted:

Today I feel like an england win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6tFfKpwZRA

do NOT repost this video if an england player skies a penalty

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Women's ashes: Aus
Mens ashes: Aus
Netball world cup: Aus
Swimming I guess : Aus

Wrap it up Englandailures.

slorb
May 14, 2002
The english media are going to reach "ads with USWNT players in them" levels of insufferable if they win this.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The Matilda's are going to get a damned good thrashing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheShovel/status/1691594412919603640

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 16, 2023

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope the Matildas win but even if they don't this squad already rules and is the greatest Australian soccer team ever.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Kerr starting :getin:

Kennedy out with “illness” so Polkinghorne in, otherwise unchanged

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Looking forward to seeing a very average English team getting absolutely smashed in the semifinals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Kerr going off injured at some point then.

Going to be a very physical game.

It worries me that Australia are the only team to have beaten England under Sarina Wiegman, but this is on a much bigger stage.