Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also just a reminder we are on a 22 minute light delay from Earth and it will increase to 34-35 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
We should probably just disable the communications antenna. Who wants to talk to earth anyway haha? I am making this suggestion of my own free will and am not being controlled by any sort of insidious alien being.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

We should probably just disable the communications antenna. Who wants to talk to earth anyway haha? I am making this suggestion of my own free will and am not being controlled by any sort of insidious alien being.

God drat is it everyone on this ship compromised???!

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

redshirt posted:

Yeah about that, HR wants to review your Tantric Cultivation class.

But if HR gets involved, no one will come !

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

redshirt posted:

Still great over here in the greenhouse! There were some weird little worms I saw but it turns out the guinea pigs just love 'em, it's like they're the best snacks ever for those cute little guys. Never seen the pigginses move so fast.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

redshirt posted:

I think I'm okay, people were mean about my poetry mishap so I've been locked in my room this whole time.

Do you want to come listen to my poetry?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

jizzy sillage posted:

I think I'm okay, people were mean about my poetry mishap so I've been locked in my room this whole time.

It was fine, but very loud and all on all decks and was actually a pretty big security concern.

EDIT: I liked your poetry.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Well…funny story but remember when we told you everything was yours but Europa? Well, there was a little translation error on our end and woops we meant Callisto. Welp, nothing to do about it now, hands are tied, etc.

L̼̟̰͚͖͎̟̗̒̋̉͂͠͡͠Ę̛̛̳͉̳͙͉̜̺͒̀͗̌̆̇͢Ţ̴̹̟̞̺̪̹͎̓̽̍̔̃͋̎͆̕͘ͅ T̷̛̛̘̯̞͈̙͖͙̽̋͆̍̄͠H̷̡̻͚̜͔͊̌͋̈́̂͠E̤͔̘̠͚̺̪̳̼͌̅͒͊͌̌̓̕͟͡ F̧͉̫̝̜̟̼̰͈̿͗̃̍̐͆̉͡E̶̡̦̜̮͉͉̘̘̹͑̑̏͛̂̿̂͡A̝̪͖͍̮͖̒́̀́̃̿̀͟S̛̱̲͈͓͚͍̦͖̟͖̽̈́̊͘T̷̘̜̖̲͉͋̀̇̿̔͐́͛̓̇͢ Ő̢̝̹̘̥̀̏͋͂͟F̧̛̣̦͚̺̲̻̅̓́̕͟͞ Z̧̲͙̮̩̫̹̊͌͆̂̇͘͜͜͝Ẓ̶̛̦̩̜̳͛̽̒͌̇͊͜Ą̭̩̞͖͈͙͑̐̈͛̍̉̈͟͜͟Ä̵̱̦͖̖͊͑̾̈͢’̴̹̥̗̟̳̄͊̆̋́̐̾̈͢͞͞ͅT̯̳̮̦̜̃̆͛̌̐̄̃̉̍̓H̗͉͖͎͗̐̑̀͒̏͟ͅ B̦̭͔̪̯̮͕͈̻͂̿̈́̚͝͞Ȩ͙̮͙̦̞͍̌͆͌͆̓͆Ġ̴̹͕̺͔̦͔̤̉́͆̊I̴̧̹̘̻̮͌͑̇̊͛̑̕̕͞͝Ņ̵̢̨̛̻͍̂̊͊̕͢

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Well…funny story but remember when we told you everything was yours but Europa? Well, there was a little translation error on our end and woops we meant Callisto. Welp, nothing to do about it now, hands are tied, etc.

My fellowshipmate, Callisto is safe and well out of the Europa radiation belt. By like a lot!

shen
Jan 22, 2006

jizzy sillage posted:

*finger snaps*

...ok what's all this graffiti near the airlocks written in, I assume, fake blood from the Halloween supply crate? Crew it's still space-August, let's at least wait until Canadian Thanksgiving to start decorating.

naem
May 29, 2011

I ENJOY SPORT AND MANY OTHER ACTIVITY WITH MY METABOLISM

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HVAC System goes VROOM, VROOM, VROOM, every night, for years!

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
WHERE THE gently caress ARE THE PIZZA SANDWICHES

I THINK I DESERVE A loving ANSWER

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

redshirt posted:

Also just a reminder we are on a 22 minute light delay from Earth and it will increase to 34-35 minutes.

Any way we can speed this up? Nobody told me the internet would be too poo poo to play Fortnite. I'm wiling to chip in for gigabit if you guys are.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I swear to the almighty gently caress... If you sing the Beach Boys' "Kokomo" as "Callisto" one more loving time, I'll space all us motherfuckers, I'm not even kidding.

(Overhead speakers crackle on 5 minutes later...)

Io, Eukelade, ooh, I wanna take you
Titan, Europa, come on pretty mama...

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The Loin King posted:

WHERE THE gently caress ARE THE PIZZA SANDWICHES

I THINK I DESERVE A loving ANSWER

Here to guarantee your delivery satisfaction is a pizza guy with enormous pepperoni and a sack of spicy meatballs.

Never mind the odd pseudopod. They're all ridged for your pleasure.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Deki posted:

Any way we can speed this up? Nobody told me the internet would be too poo poo to play Fortnite. I'm wiling to chip in for gigabit if you guys are.

Sorry bub, the speed of light is constant. But we have games on board!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

anyone else notice we seem to have entered a dimension of pure chaos a few hours back?

my eyes keep bleeding and i swear all of these decapitated hellspawn looking things splattered about the lounge weren’t here at the start of my shift.

naem
May 29, 2011

AGREED FELLOW MORTAL I KEEP MY HUMAN BLOOD UNDERNEATH MY SKIN

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

anyone else notice we seem to have entered a dimension of pure chaos a few hours back?

my eyes keep bleeding and i swear all of these decapitated hellspawn looking things splattered about the lounge weren’t here at the start of my shift.

Yeah the pizza sandwiches didn't go over well.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Bad Purchase posted:

Turn on your monitor.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Yeah the pizza sandwiches didn't go over well.

Are there any left? Still feeling a bit peckish.

naem
May 29, 2011

I TOO EAT HUMAN PIZZA FOOD WITH MY MOUTH

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Are there any left? Still feeling a bit peckish.

If you have some daily ship credits.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Menu update: "Meatloaf" night has been moved to Wednesdays.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Why are we using credits? Why are you keeping these things from us???!??? It’s time for a Revolution to overthrow our oppressors using this evil credit based system! Free pizza for all!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

Why are we using credits? Why are you keeping these things from us???!??? It’s time for a Revolution to overthrow our oppressors using this evil credit based system! Free pizza for all!!!

How else would you regulate food consumption on board?

For example, everyone of course gets the 3 basics. But if you want snacks or an extra dessert, you got to use your limited ship credits.
And this is specifically an issue of fairness. What if you saw one crewmember just eating all the cupcakes every night and others having to go without cupcakes?

Also, supply chain issues since food is limited and a glutton could ruin it for many,

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I believe they made their policy choices clear. Pizza for free. New York style obviously. Chicago style looks like our disgusting flayed friend Jimmy over there. Hey Jimmy!

There certainly is a bit more body horror around here these days...

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Standing in the airlock suiting up for a space walk.

I'll let y'all know what I find

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Karma Comedian posted:

Um, that's why you are on a hull inspection Lt. Riley.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Karma Comedian posted:

But... but... we already let you back in ten minutes ago!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Movie Theater scheduling change: You will need to reserve your seat for the show you want to attend starting 9/1

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wait we have cupcakes?!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my spacesuit is way too big, i feel like you could fit two people in here

anyone want to partner up? i'll take front.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Wait we have cupcakes?!

Yes every Thursday lunch. It's on the printed menu.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Imagine a giant space elevator over Callisto, Valhalla City, hauling up tons of precious metals every year. And the whole society built there for this - multiple greenhouses, water factories, water factories that don't just make water, but break down water into oxygen and hydrogen, subway systems to the many spinning habitat rings, each housing over 300 people. A giant administrative and recreational ring in orbit.... Thousands of people either in ships or the spinning rings or on the surface, or in the subways between...

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Wait we have cupcakes?!

He’s hiding them from us. We need to take the cupcakes that are owed to us!

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

redshirt posted:

Imagine a giant space elevator over Callisto, Valhalla City, hauling up tons of precious metals every year. And the whole society built there for this - multiple greenhouses, water factories, water factories that don't just make water, but break down water into oxygen and hydrogen, subway systems to the many spinning habitat rings, each housing over 300 people. A giant administrative and recreational ring in orbit.... Thousands of people either in ships or the spinning rings or on the surface, or in the subways between...

Golden, pissy trees as far as the eye can see...

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Will there be cheese at Callisto? Where would they get the milk? I don't know if I can go 8 years without cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
gently caress guys I forgot my Invisalign trays at home. We have to go back.