Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
this is karmic retribution for his use of the “hard-r”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is it, there can be no better memes than this one

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Whitest Russian posted:

When someone posted the x.com/buildzoid1 tweet earlier in this thread I genuinely thought it was a bot posting a shady link:

x.com/buildzoid1/status/1691251880960147456

If you click the share tweet button in the iOS app and copy link, it gives you can x.com url. The same button in the desktop site still serves a twitter.com link

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

So Madison has come public with her treatment at LTT and why she quit.

Since I don't have a twitter, heres the imgur of it.

Belan
May 7, 2007
https://twitter.com/suuuoppp/status/1691693740254228741

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1691693740254228741.html

It gets worse.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Remember Madison from LTT?
https://www.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/rdpvbl/madison_has_officially_resigned_from_lmgltt

She spoke out why she left just now. Ain't looking good:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1691693740254228741.html

efb

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
Not sure I would trust the account of someone who does this:

"I purposefully cut my leg open so badly I would have to go to the ER to get it stapled back together."

Just saying neither side is trustworthy without evidence one way or another

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Yvonne is in charge of HR at LMG right? I wonder how much she knew (or cared) about a woman in the office being threatened with termination after a month on the job and being called a bitch and told "calm your tits" among other huge problems.

It sounds like a dire place to work.

Cantide posted:

"I purposefully cut my leg open so badly I would have to go to the ER to get it stapled back together."

Someone who just lost her brother, moves to a new country, gets mistreated on the job, and is stressed to the point of self-harm... means she's not trustworthy?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Tornhelm posted:

So Madison has come public with her treatment at LTT and why she quit.

Since I don't have a twitter, heres the imgur of it.

:kstare:

Cantide posted:

:fuckoff:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

This is it, there can be no better memes than this one

probably not going to stop at two videos at this rate

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Cantide posted:

How does this logic work in your mind?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Cantide posted:

hm who should we trust, the company run by the lying guy who hates unions and forbids employees from discussing wages with a well documented culture of overworking employees

or the victim

think carefully, now

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Cantide posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Cantide posted:

Have you actually experienced depression due to overwork? Unless you are a case expert you shouldn't dismiss people at large.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Jesus christ.

Cantide posted:

Hey, go gently caress yourself

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

SlowBloke posted:

Have you actually experienced depression due to overwork? Unless you are a case expert you shouldn't dismiss people at large.

Yes, also i'm not saying she doesn't need or deserve help. Obviously she doesn't seem ok as she makes entirely clear in her own statements. Still right now I would not believe either side without corroborating witnesses/evidence.

Cantide fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 16, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cantide posted:

Cantide posted:

Oh my god, nobody uses PCMR seriously, it is always ironic and self deprecating.
Also none is secretly gassing console jews. It is and has always been just a loving joke! Nothing more nothing less

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Holy poo poo.. that is definitely the final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. gently caress Linus and gently caress his lovely incel infested company.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Cantide posted:

Yes, also i'm not saying she doesn't need or deserve help. Obviously she doesn't seem ok. Still right now I would not believe either side without corroborating witnesses/evidence.

Are you actually giving the small business tyrant the benefit of the doubt? Really, I cannot understand the point of going to bat for a multimillionaire against a random person who got death threats by the multimillionaire fans for speaking out.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I'm now worried about Sarah Butt. I hope she's OK.

I bet that guy who just took over as CEO of LMG like less than a month ago is having a good night tonight.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I don't think WAN Show is going to happen this week.

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

Yes please enjoy your mob mentality, feels good i'm sure. Please also see that I in no way want to absolve LMG of any responsibility or wrongdoing here. Just don't rush into things without facts and don't think in black and white, people are complicated is all I'm saying. But I can see i'm hosed here, so peace out

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

They're still release clips on the clip channel, and are not doing a good job checking the titles/content and the comment sections are hilarious:

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on
Am I remembering right, Madison, formerly of LTT, was the one that got hired after she did a video with Linus building a computer she won from a competition they had?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Former Human posted:

Yvonne is in charge of HR at LMG right? I wonder how much she knew (or cared) about a woman in the office being threatened with termination after a month on the job and being called a bitch and told "calm your tits" among other huge problems.

It sounds like a dire place to work.
Despite popular belief, the job of HR is to protect the employer, not the employees.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Koskun posted:

Am I remembering right, Madison, formerly of LTT, was the one that got hired after she did a video with Linus building a computer she won from a competition they had?
Yeah I always wondered what happened to her. The audience LOVED her in that video and everyone said he should hire her.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Despite popular belief, the job of HR is to protect the employer, not the employees.

Especially when the employer is your husband. This was pointed out as a very obvious conflict of interest when it became known that Yvonne was essentially their entire HR department (not just in charge of it), and I'm not sure if that ever changed.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Well poo poo, guess I need to get a new mousepad.

Hell yeah https://store.gamersnexus.net/products/gn-red-black-hud-mouse-mat

Belan
May 7, 2007
She has added more to that thread posted above.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Cantide posted:

Yes, also i'm not saying she doesn't need or deserve help. Obviously she doesn't seem ok as she makes entirely clear in her own statements. Still right now I would not believe either side without corroborating witnesses/evidence.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Hey, go gently caress yourself

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Cantide posted:

"This person reacted in a hosed up way under incredibly extreme stress, but I'm going to ignore the fact that stress was created by her employer or even existed, and use their reaction to the stress as a gaslighting tactic". Cool!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Holy gently caress this company into the ground

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Cantide posted:

Yes please enjoy your mob mentality, feels good i'm sure. Please also see that I in no way want to absolve LMG of any responsibility or wrongdoing here. Just don't rush into things without facts and don't think in black and white, people are complicated is all I'm saying. But I can see i'm hosed here, so peace out

Yeah good luck out there. I hope next time you're in a bad place the first person you reach out to believes you.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah but in a functioning company, that also means comply with workplace regulations so you wont get sued.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

Yes, this is true.

I think the only thing the HR person at my office does is "randomly" drug test people all day.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Especially when the employer is your husband. This was pointed out as a very obvious conflict of interest when it became known that Yvonne was essentially their entire HR department (not just in charge of it), and I'm not sure if that ever changed.
Someone here posted that once a company got above 100 employees, they were legally required to have an actual HR department (I have no idea of the legalities of Canada/BC). So it seems they do now.

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah I always wondered what happened to her. The audience LOVED her in that video and everyone said he should hire her.
I recall she did a few video's too that were enjoyable.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

kliras posted:

the ncix youtube play button was his rosebud all along

Lol

The fact that it also has a body count though, is legitimately awful.

I read that whole thing one evening and just closed my laptop and went to bed 2 hours early as it made me feel so sad.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Dr Ian says his video script about it is up to 25 pages. He's been mostly defensive of LTT on Twitter.

Weird hill for him to die on but whatever. :shrug:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Just Another Lurker posted:

Weird hill for him to die on but whatever. :shrug:

lol, it was a bad decision 3 hours ago, it's an even worse one now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Cantide posted:

Get permad 2001 regdate bitch