Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Predictions thread in ruins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

starting to like the guy

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tristeham posted:

starting to like the guy

He can be yours for £30m if you want him.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
£30m + £7m + the cost of moving him from the British museum back to Rapa Nui

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Shrapnig posted:

He can be yours for £30m if you want him.

buying maguire to keep birds off the fruit trees

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

quote:

All of Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City turned down a chance to sign [Neymar]

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/neymar-saudi-arabia-al-hilal-barcelona-transfer-b2392684.html

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

quote:

Neymar’s final years at PSG worked against him, as most clubs saw him as a self-indulgent player who is no longer truly decisive at the top level.

:drat:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lmao

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Raya to Arsenal is a DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1691434733442416641?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weird move

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
love a good up the nose camera shot

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I am shocked that the man who barely turns out for league games and always gets suspended for his sister’s birthday is seen as lazy

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1691444712497090562

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’m glad these big name players are choosing Saudi because it makes it more appealing to Lukaku

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This might actually be a good bit of business for Chelsea unfortunately. That fee seems "low" given what other players have been going for.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rip Boro

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1691449315104075777?t=YKXzrUBOQqqpn3HW8bmsLA&s=19

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Shrapnig posted:

This might actually be a good bit of business for Chelsea unfortunately. That fee seems "low" given what other players have been going for.

Apparently he has a release clause.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bea Nanner posted:

love a good up the nose camera shot

This is a local club, for local keepers

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This seems like a bizarrely small amount of money for a striker who is still only 27 and scored a load of goals last season?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Alisson apparently being approached by Saudi clubs. I don't think Liverpool will be able to get both a DM and a world class GK if that happens.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I will crash at least two (2) airplanes into that shithole of a country if that happens.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Xabi posted:

I will crash at least two (2) airplanes into that shithole of a country if that happens.

I'm the difficult second plane

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Xabi posted:

you've got to make something like this to be taken seriously

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Ulio posted:

Alisson apparently being approached by Saudi clubs. I don't think Liverpool will be able to get both a DM and a world class GK if that happens.

That's ok, they can give Arsenal 100 million for either Ramsdale or Raya next season

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Edit a photo of an airliner flying in the direction of the huge new stand

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

His grandad came along and got a shirt from Mikel :3

https://twitter.com/Gunnersc0m/status/1691489569261203456?t=l-zii8czQMThpZgWJVJcgQ&s=19

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dang I knew Joaquin was old but I didn’t know he was THAT old

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/fcunion/status/1691536486179696644

gosens feeding becker and fofana is gonna be a lot of fun

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:3:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Dang I knew Joaquin was old but I didn’t know he was THAT old

I just checked to see if Joaquin finally retired

He did, a few months ago.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

im writing the chant to go with hey ya presently

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I just checked to see if Joaquin finally retired

He did, a few months ago.

Vicente retired in 2013. Joaquin retired this year. They’re 5 days apart in age.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Seeing Hakim Ziyech to Galatasaray rumours in Turkish message boards.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Could have sworn he'd already left Chelsea.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

blue footed boobie posted:

This seems like a bizarrely small amount of money for a striker who is still only 27 and scored a load of goals last season?

He's out of contract end of season, has only had one good season his entire career, has been injured the entire preseason, and was already one of the top wages at the club prior to his golden boot / player of the year season so it was very difficult to negotiate any extension. Under the circumstances it was a pretty good fee.

I will miss him terribly though.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Dudley posted:

The 2 big clubs in Turkey are becoming a decent choice if you are a 30yo who isn't getting enough minutes at the PL. Plus a chance to play in the CL for those mid table players who'd never get a chance otherwise

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dudley posted:

Didn’t pass the medical at one of the Saudi teams.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

UnfurledSails posted:

The 2 big clubs in Turkey are becoming a decent choice if you are a 30yo who isn't getting enough minutes at the PL. Plus a chance to play in the CL for those mid table players who'd never get a chance otherwise

Turkey also pays very well

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Turkey also pays very well

Not really sure how, though it’s probably a question you don’t want answered (and a deposit in euro, not lira).

Laporte reportedly going to Al Nassr as well, good lord. And rumors of Arsenal’s Gabriel (the CB) as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Arsenal should have more Gabriels in the team, not fewer