Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm not worried. Every office I've ever worked in has been a major buzzkill.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Bogmonster posted:

Love the Viz adverts

PYF Memes: will go on and on and on

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Ugh, inflation is a killer. It used to be free.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Large Testicles posted:

You can make ash angels too

Much like Sean Connery, I like a good heavenly ash

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lobok posted:

I'm not worried. Every office I've ever worked in has been a major buzzkill.

:mad:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i mean it's basically just a tulle cover, it would absolutely fly at a gay club

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

maybealabia posted:

Using up all the posting slots and never adding Geno

i got u fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQO2wEJefjM

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Some of the memes recently have been really bad. I haven't been reading the thread, and nor will I, but is there a reason we're posting bad old memes?

Here are some even worse memes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

While I love olives, I gotta say this meme is fundamentally correct. Fresh olives, just as God made them, are really gross and they only become delicious after brining.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
my lighter! chintu you son of a bitch

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

While I love olives, I gotta say this meme is fundamentally correct. Fresh olives, just as God made them, are really gross and they only become delicious after brining.

bringing them where

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

The neurologist for a dyslexia test

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sagebrush posted:

Same. Also feta cheese. Real eye opener the day I realized I just love brine.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
Gin, tomato juice, beef broth, olives. Onion pickle brine back.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

bike tory posted:

Some of the memes recently have been really bad. I haven't been reading the thread, and nor will I, but is there a reason we're posting bad old memes?

I don't really understand that "poo poo memes from 2006" bit, but I have enjoyed everyone politely ignoring it. Which you and I have now ruined of course.

Have some more Viz ads which are sort of memes I suppose. Or just chat about lawns some more if you like, whatever.

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

it's 75 and sunny today :cool:

wait, american food chat?

Should have cooked it at aloha temperature.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Kevin Bacon posted:

Kr = kraftige rævspark so that's a pretty mild response

XD

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Beeswax posted:

So am I getting this right - not content with showcasing how dull they are by discussing American food brands ad nauseam instead of posting memes in the meme thread, people are now resorting to talking about the weather? I know goons are old but come on.

I took a spin through cineD the other day and it's just page after page of deaf boomers complaining about not being able to hear the dialogue in movies

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I watch everything with the captions on these days!! Why are they always whispering? Then the sound effects, so loud! :bahgawd:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I do hate that sort of sound mixing

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Brawnfire posted:

I watch everything with the captions on these days!! Why are they always whispering? Then the sound effects, so loud! :bahgawd:

You can fix this for some stuff by messing with the compressor settings in VLC if it's a media that isn't streaming:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

You can fix this for some stuff by messing with the compressor settings in VLC if it's a media that isn't streaming:

Squeezing something 20:1 with a compressor is a great way to make things sound like poo poo.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Brawnfire posted:

The "can't hear dialogue" thing isn't just people getting old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYJtb2YXae8

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Flakey posted:

Squeezing something 20:1 with a compressor is a great way to make things sound like poo poo.

The complaint is that it's already compressed to poo poo and sounds awful, this just helps equalize the volume difference so you aren't constantly having to adjust every five mins.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

The complaint is that it's already compressed to poo poo and sounds awful, this just helps equalize the volume difference so you aren't constantly having to adjust every five mins.

I'm familiar with compressors, yes. poo poo in, poo poo out, firstly. Secondly:

Flakey posted:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

generatrix posted:

WHAT?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Flakey posted:

This reminds me of how ages ago people would share their Winamp EQ settings for the perfect sound and they were always some over the top hosed up boost/cut combos that had no chance of sounding good.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

lobsterminator posted:

This reminds me of how ages ago people would share their Winamp EQ settings for the perfect sound and they were always some over the top hosed up boost/cut combos that had no chance of sounding good.

Oh, look at Mr. "I don't bury my mids and crank my bass to +11 db" over here.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

lobsterminator posted:

gonna share yours?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

gonna share yours?

Not directed at me but

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

THEY SAID THE "CAN'T HEAR DIALOGUE"-THING ISN'T JUST PEOPLE GETTING OLD!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

generatrix posted:

I like how the sound mixer he interviews says they can't just turn the dialogue up, it's not that easy. Yes you can, yes it is. You can make explosions and gunshots sound loud compared to other sounds, not just speech :argh:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Those panels should be in the opposite order and "you" should be "ye", hth

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

gonna share yours?

Very well.

This is pretty much guaranteed a perfect sound on every sound system.

And I only use classic skin!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Where should I set the "tone" knob on my speakers though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

CPColin posted:

Where should I set the "tone" knob on my speakers though