Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Ruffian Price posted:

A tailored suit really makes a gut stand out less, it's magic

It's also why he has that awkward stance at podiums and whatnot, leaning forward at the waist de-emphasizes just how out of shape he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Well the problem is you can only do so much and at his size it just makes him look like a huge guy who wears poorly fitting suits and stands like a loving weirdo

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/JMurrayWrld/status/1689763356859842561?s=20

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If I was actually about to die I'd happily travel to the emergency room in a literal clown car with 14 clowns who don't use deodorant

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If I was actually about to die I'd happily travel to the emergency room in a literal clown car with 14 clowns who don't use deodorant

But enough about Tory conventions...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

last time I went to the ER I caught a $5 uber there, then they knocked me out and transferred me to another hospital 3 miles away in an ambulance for $5000. I wish I could have had the ability to get mad at the paint job

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Here in Ireland (we have health insurance) a friend was beaten up and left unconscious on the street for 3 hours before he was found.
The stranger phoned an ambulance for him, and he was taken to hospital.
He was changed 90 euros for the ambulance ride, which he contested as he did not himself request or agree to it, and they dropped the charge after he threatened to take them to court.
Maybe you could do the same, you did not specifically agree to the ambulance.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

happyhippy posted:

Maybe you could do the same, you did not specifically agree to the ambulance.

Oh you sweet summer child... Try reading up in-network vs. out-of-network providers in US health insurance. There have been cases of people knocked out completely and seriously injured being transported to an out-of-network hospital, or even an in-network hospital that just happens to be employing an out-of-network ER physician, who then get charged astronomical sums for doing so. Again, this all happens when they are entire unconscious and unable to consent to anything.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah lol, no contesting that. i've just been dodging debt collector calls for over a year because at least medical debt in the US isn't quite like real debt

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When my dad had a brain hemorhage his insurance found an excuse to deny coverage and so they were on the hook for everything, like six figures. They negotiated with every provider, told them, we are paying these bills as we can, if you negotiate down a lower price we will pay you sooner, almost every provider was like, Sure No Problem (because all these bills are made up fantasies based on nothing) and they knocked it all the way down to around the still enraging but less life ruining $30k. The one provider who wouldn't budge off of their fake made up bill was the ambulance service.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

But what if they were gay clowns???

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

MeinPanzer posted:

… or even an in-network hospital that just happens to be employing an out-of-network ER physician, …

Dear god almighty I pity you poor bastards down there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

madmatt112 posted:

Dear god almighty I pity you poor bastards down there.

Everything you learn about the US Health System is more insane that the last thing you learned. Like, none of the prices are even meant to be even in the ballpark of actual prices, because the system is designed so that every price is negotiated like a coked up bazaar.

A Bandaid is $1000 because that's the only way we can get Aetna to pay $0.50 for it. Suckers at Blue Cross are paying $0.75!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

But what if they were gay clowns???

If I was having a health emergency I'd be down to suck a clown's dick to get to the Emergency Room

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The US health system is all about providing the least amount of care for the most amount of people for the most amount of money and the highest level of care for the people with the highest level of income for also the most amount of money

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

If I was having a health emergency I'd be down to suck a clown's dick to get to the Emergency Room

You're going to love your new policy!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1691460974786883585

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Satire died when Kissinger won the Nobel Peace Prize, but the NYT seems bound and determined to make sure it stays dead and buried for all time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's Rep. Ronny Jackson, former WH doc to Trump, current congressman, and actual doctor and admiral, losing his poo poo after he tried to give a woman having a seizure a gumball to help with what he diagnosed as hypoglycemia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbRO6HkfXmg
https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/1691227335670759425

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Breaking the law is a circle and if you do enough crimes, you’ll eventually loop around and be in the clear again.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Satire died when Kissinger won the Nobel Peace Prize, but the NYT seems bound and determined to make sure it stays dead and buried for all time.

it says the Washington post at the top of the image - might be hard to read because its in a fancy font that only intellectuals can read

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Reading Old English styled text can give you a fatal skull Fraktur.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cheen posted:

it says the Washington post at the top of the image - might be hard to read because its in a fancy font that only intellectuals can read
They both will publish the same dumbass op-eds though so it's easy to confuse.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

They both will publish the same dumbass op-eds though so it's easy to confuse.

nytimes also has a fancy font so i can understand the confusion!!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Cheen posted:

Brainfart since the Twitter account is NYT Pitchbot. Oh well.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Speaking of political pictures, why am I seeing so many people with "Hillary in some sort of fancy imperial looking uniform" avatars?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Baronjutter posted:

Speaking of political pictures, why am I seeing so many people with "Hillary in some sort of fancy imperial looking uniform" avatars?

I assume it's a deeply weird and repressed sex thing.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Someone was so enraged by the discourse in the GBS Ukraine thread that they dropped multiple hundreds of dollars on avs. Best use of tankie trust fund money I've seen so far.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the avatars are making hilldawg seem cooler than she has any right to be. it's joe biden's the onion persona again

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

thekeeshman posted:

Someone was so enraged by the discourse in the GBS Ukraine thread that they dropped multiple hundreds of dollars on avs. Best use of tankie trust fund money I've seen so far.

Fantastic, good work to all of you.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Putting Hillary AVs on EE goons to own the … the … uh, own yourself?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The trust fund radical’s money to Jeffrey’s bank account pipeline

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Has anyone collected a gallery of all the Hillary avatars or know how many people got them?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1690353139004674048

Their second stop is "an actual doctor". Anyway the World Health Organization should not be promoting magic as health care. IMO

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Yikes. Hopefully that's just a case of their social media manager going way off-script.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
when will the WHO address the pressing subject of the universal vibration level?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is it rooted in traditional ways of knowing and being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
How is homeopathy even traditional? It was invented in the 1790s by Europeans and only even appeared to work because the homeopathic societies had clean water that didn't have sewage in it, so giving people with cholera the homeopathic treatment of "not other people's body waste, in your water" for a few weeks would cure them.