Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Reading the last word louder and in unison like the graffiti is by the Beastie Boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

Reading the last word louder and in unison like the graffiti is by the Beastie Boys.

I paid MONEY
Where is TRAIN
Mike D and Adrock shouting
in my BRAIN

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Phy posted:

I paid MONEY
Where is TRAIN
in my BRAIN

:lol:

rip MCA

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

ok look, I get what you were going for with the trans/trains thing, but let's not have death and rape threats in this thread, alright?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I've got some deep-fried reposts for you:

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Phy posted:

I paid MONEY
Where is TRAIN
in my BRAIN

Beastie boys known to let the train

Mmmmm, Stop

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I was gonna throw him in if I did another verse but I didn't want to overstay my welcome

At least not any more than I already do every day

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7267133806430145834

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

ok look, I get what you were going for with the trans/trains thing, but let's not have death and rape threats in this thread, alright?

Yeah, save those for private messages to mods.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's why you play a human and do 3 levels of fighter and then dual class to caster. That way you'll start your level 1 caster with a pile of HP and a bunch of level 2/3 friends. The only trick to is to use your fighter weapon specialization slots on weapons you will still be able to use as a caster. There's a good war hammer early on, so specialize in war hammers if you are going fighter/cleric.

Alternately go rogue for 2 or 3 levels and then dual class to caster. If you dump as many dumb rogue skill points as possible into pick locks at first level you can pick most of the locks in the inn and random chests around town, collect a few hundred gold worth of stuff, sell that poo poo and buy slightly better starting equipment from the innkeeper.

Either way it will make your early levels much smoother. Since each class needs a different number of XP to go up levels, and fighters and rogues are the fastest, you should hit level 3 when most of the party are level 2. And then you'll reach 3/3 and unlock all your class features by the time the rest of them are level 4. AD&D XP tables are wild.

sounds like the the way to beat Baulder's Gate 1 is to roleplay someone who follows a walkthrough.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

sounds like the the way to beat Baulder's Gate 1 is to roleplay someone who follows a walkthrough.

Some of the most powerful items in the game are hidden in tree stumps and farmer’s fields and require pixel hunting to find. There’s no in game hints to their locations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

iirc you walk around with tab held down and it shows you all lootable items. been a long rear end time since i played bg1 though so that might not be right

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

iirc you walk around with tab held down and it shows you all lootable items. been a long rear end time since i played bg1 though so that might not be right

Yeah but these are still fuckin tiny and easy as hell to miss.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

jesus WEP posted:

You remember correctly. And the stump items aren't particularly powerful. BG1 is old and has issues, but it's not that crazy.

Though there is an Easter egg pair of underpants in the first game that, if carried all the way through the second, can be used to get a suit of power armor and a machine gun.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
From what I recall the easiest way is to beat BG1 is to get a mod that turns you into a t-rex so you can simply eat all your enemies and don't need to worry about finding equipment in stumps or whatever.

This is a good strategy for most RPG's

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't think it works so well in Monster Hunter

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

much like real life, to hunt the monsters you must become one

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Blue Footed Booby posted:

You remember correctly. And the stump items aren't particularly powerful. BG1 is old and has issues, but it's not that crazy.

Though there is an Easter egg pair of underpants in the first game that, if carried all the way through the second, can be used to get a suit of power armor and a machine gun.
In a game where most of your problems can be solved by buying wands and potions but you're limited by gold, getting those stump gems is a big step up. To say nothing of the ring of wizardry or the plate armor crammed in knots and field ditches in the first couple inn/town maps.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Derailing Balder's Gate thread to request an image. Sorry.

Looking for a cartoon scene. Blue sky, green grass. I know there's a rabbit, maybe a flower and/or a sun. Everything has big frowns and mad faces.

My Google-fu has failed. Please help.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/Sj39DOD_lq.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Nice job, Einstein

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

freeedr posted:

Nice job, Einstein

lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

man that dollop episode about einstein...he was not a compassionate dude.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Must be a royal wedding

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gorilla Radio posted:

Derailing Balder's Gate thread to request an image. Sorry.

Looking for a cartoon scene. Blue sky, green grass. I know there's a rabbit, maybe a flower and/or a sun. Everything has big frowns and mad faces.

My Google-fu has failed. Please help.

I know exactly the one you're talking about but I don't think I have it saved, and it's proving to be really hard to search for as you've already found.

Also, I get the feeling google reverse image search either really sucks now or it just can't handle .png files.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Phy posted:

I know exactly the one you're talking about but I don't think I have it saved, and it's proving to be really hard to search for as you've already found.

Also, I get the feeling google reverse image search either really sucks now or it just can't handle .png files.

Everything at Google is being adjusted downward until it's the lowest quality people will accept.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
https://twitter.com/farmerdarrell/status/1685220995081150464

Just imagine having a nice walk downtown, you decide to cut through the Walgreen parking lot to save some time, and you get yelled at by fuckin' Hobocop.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

DrBouvenstein posted:

Just imagine having a nice walk downtown, you decide to cut through the Walgreen parking lot to save some time, and you get yelled at by fuckin' Hobocop.

There's one of these in my local grocery store, which doesn't yell that message, but every 5 minutes reminds about surveillance and I have this fantasy of returning late at night with a series of jacks and blocks and tipping it over.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

From experience with portable work lights, you could probably just release the leveling jacks that are already on it (sometimes they are locked, but rarely), and you could tip it right over with the mast in the air. I've watched guys begin to loosen the jacks with the mast still up and they *want* to tip over on their own.

I also don't think I've ever seen one of the security ones where you'd want to have a nice walk downtown. I did have my truck broken into right near one though, and the cops didn't do poo poo about it. I'm not convinced they all actually record.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Phy posted:

Happyland.jpg! I have two versions of it at home. I'll post em unless someone beats me

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DrBouvenstein posted:

What's btv?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Paladinus posted:

What's btv?

Burlington VT.

Ironhead posted:

I also don't think I've ever seen one of the security ones where you'd want to have a nice walk downtown. I did have my truck broken into right near one though, and the cops didn't do poo poo about it. I'm not convinced they all actually record.

It surprisingly is. Like...maybe a tad just outside the nicer area of downtown by, like...a block. But you can hear that thing yelling at people from the pedestrian-only street/mall a block away, and the people who run the Ronald McDonald house across the street, housing the families of sick children in the hospital have to be moved to a different part of the building because it keeps them awake at night:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Paladinus posted:

What's btv?

Not much, whats btv with you?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhjHWbJJ7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIGn4dLDU3g

Zetsubou-san has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Aug 16, 2023

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Never seen anyone point it out, but this is actually a very on-point opening for a book about statistics.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
https://i.imgur.com/s82kurR.mp4
Unmute

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo, imagine hearing that from the other side of the house in the deep of night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I sincerely hope that's fake, otherwise its terrifyingly cursed.