Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

What does it say? Blue checkmarks are blocked here :smugbert:

ID verification coming to Twitter where you need to provide government ID and take a selfie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao gently caress that, I work night shift manufacturing specifically to not deal with the worthless C-suite people

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fortitude posted:

ID verification coming to Twitter where you need to provide government ID and take a selfie.

Holy poo poo thanks, and :lmao:

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Mr. Fortitude posted:

and all the biometric data capture is outsourced to an israeli security firm with definitely zero Mossad ties.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Apparently it's only for Blue subscribers. So he's reimplementing something he scrapped when he first bought and took over Twitter.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Apparently it's only for Blue subscribers. So he's reimplementing something he scrapped when he first bought and took over Twitter.

How long before all the images and information get leaked somehow and are sold on the dark web

TesseractMinotaur
Nov 6, 2012
Almost immediately, I'd guess.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
“I am not a bot” scrawled on a piece of paper next to a picture of you watching Tucker Carlson on Twitter

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

How long before all the images and information get leaked somehow and are sold on the dark web

It cannot be called a leak if it is a direct pipeline

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"Any account that doesn't post on X for a month will have their drivers license posted"

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Anybody that willingly gives Elon any personal info at this point deserves to have it leaked lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

holtemon posted:

Anybody that willingly gives Elon any personal info at this point deserves to have it leaked lol

at the very least

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

holtemon posted:

They deserve to be leaked upon

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1691602672263352399?t=sUhk1Sjsp63PBJ8WLhYT3Q&s=19

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Except now the Blue subscribers are probably 80% people he specifically courted by getting rid of the ID verification. Let's see if he wriggles out of this one!

( also lol and lmao)

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Ideally it's a retroactive requirement for existing blue accounts.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The fix is simple: Twitter teal!

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
Fail Whale

MSB3000
Jul 30, 2008
The only lessons to take from the "great" figures of history are how exactly they hosed up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9aYrURLHh0

But no the modern ultra-wealthy just want to emulate them.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

:goonsay:

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Looking forward to him trying to turn it back into "Twitter" in six months and try to puppetmaster his way out of it: "lol the LAMESTREAM media really thought we were gonna call ourselves X forever???? zuck my elbows much?? lol :crying-laughing-face:"

maybe a non sequiter 'that's what she said' added for measure.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

is he going to buy back all the twitter memorabilia he's auctioning off for rent money?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

I hate how he uses the cry-laugh emoji so much, it makes me cringe out of my skin, the cry laughing emoji just makes me think of a teenager desperately trying to act like they're not butthurt during an internet argument.

It's cause right wing trolls LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that emoji, it's a wink wink nudge nudge circle jerk thing and 100% when they're looking to feel not owned or just to troll about something. Before him it was usually Donald Trump Jr. I'd associate with it's. It's become my most hated emoji ever in a hurry and anyone that uses it let alone constantly is guaranteed to be a gigantic rear end in a top hat not worth associating with ever.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

AI-ccarino

Kale
May 14, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Elon is an emperor has no clothes when it comes to money. People say he's ultra rich when in fact he needs to keep taking loans non-stop just to pay his bodyguards.

Doesn't the vast majority of his wealth come from the fact that the stock market regularly just rewards his shenanigans by having Tesla stock explode in value every few months? Like he doesn't own any property is what I've always heard so he doesn't have to pay any property taxes

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Are we sure this isn't an AI?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kale posted:

Doesn't the vast majority of his wealth come from the fact that the stock market regularly just rewards his shenanigans by having Tesla stock explode in value every few months? Like he doesn't own any property is what I've always heard so he doesn't have to pay any property taxes

Not owning property when you have literally billions of dollars because you don't want to pay property taxes is maybe one of the dumbest things I've heard of. I totally believe that some people would do that, but it's just so loving stupid to give up on having a place perfectly suited to your tastes and standards to avoid having to pay what's essentially pocket change

TulliusCicero posted:

Are we sure this isn't an AI?

I would not be slightly surprised if she uses ChatGPT to make all her posts and that's the entire extent of her job

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

didn't Elon buy up a bunch of land in Texas to make a Tesla town?

Kale
May 14, 2010

E the Shaggy posted:

Not quite but I appreciate the effort.

Man he must be absolute devastated that Meloni of all people didn't come running. That's almost certainly his favorite world leader atm.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

If it matters today, people talk about it while tripping on ecstacy!

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

kazil posted:

didn't Elon buy up a bunch of land in Texas to make a Tesla town?

Tesla did, not Elon.

All of Elon's 'wealth' is near 100% tied up in the stock he owns from his companies. He's so stupid he literally has no investments outside of that.

If the Tesla factory had a massive fire and had to shut down and become an EPA Superfund site for the sheer toxic pollution that would cause, Elon would probably be out an insanely large chunk of his net worth just from the drop in stock price that would cause.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....deep breath....HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Is @Dextero the only source on this? Where are the Dear Leader or the ChatGPT CEO's posts about this news

I went to the @verified account to see if there was news there and the order of posts are from 2012 to 2016, 2021, 2012 then 2021 lol

What a poo poo site

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

holtemon posted:

Is @Dextero the only source on this? Where are the Dear Leader or the ChatGPT CEO's posts about this news

I went to the @verified account to see if there was news there and the order of posts are from 2012 to 2016, 2021, 2012 then 2021 lol

What a poo poo site

Elon is tweeting about his posting enemies and Linda is tweeting about BRANDS

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

holtemon posted:

What a poo poo site

I tried following EVO news or Ukraine at all this last two weeks, and the timeline for someone's Xs or whatever the gently caress is complete trash broken

I guess you have to be a member to see posts in order? Amazing marketing Ebaum :downsbravo:

Can this trashfire of a site just die already? Why the gently caress are companies/ governments still bothering to use it?

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://www.businessinsider.com/scott-galloway-says-hes-locked-out-x-after-upsetting-musk-2023-8

quote:

Scott Galloway, a marketing professor at NYU who's also known as an author and public speaker, said he was locked out of his X account after a quarrel with Elon Musk.

"A mutual friend reached out and said Elon feels 'unfairly attacked,' by me, and wants to meet," Galloway posted on Threads. "I declined."

He said that two days later he could no longer access his X account, which has over half-a-million followers. "Still locked out, 17 days," he added in a Threads post on Tuesday.

His X posts also appear not to show up in the platform's search tool.

Lmao

Kale
May 14, 2010

Everything this woman and Elon says just makes X sound like the worst kind of grifty bullshit. It's like they have no actual interest in growing X beyond the people they obviously want to be there which is mainly right wing rubes.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
When is X finally migrating to XenForo?

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Hippocrass posted:

:goonsay:

Wait until that CSAM guy complains and won't be his friend. We'll get the other 180.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

Not owning property when you have literally billions of dollars because you don't want to pay property taxes is maybe one of the dumbest things I've heard of. I totally believe that some people would do that, but it's just so loving stupid to give up on having a place perfectly suited to your tastes and standards to avoid having to pay what's essentially pocket change

This is a real thing in accounting; business owners make all sorts of mathematically bad decisions and absurdly risky plans because 'rarr I don't wanna pay tax on that!!'

Don't let the tax tail wag the dog is the saying