Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The 7th Guest posted:

finally, not buying the game pays off after nearly 20 years

also available on Prime Gaming this month: Blade Assault, Payday 2, Wytchwood

Hopefully they patched Quake 4 some time in the last few years. Tried to play it a while back and it has an issue where the lighting doesn't render correctly on modern graphics cards and everything looks completely flat as a result. Gameplay was still fine but it really killed the atmosphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Hopefully they patched Quake 4 some time in the last few years. Tried to play it a while back and it has an issue where the lighting doesn't render correctly on modern graphics cards and everything looks completely flat as a result. Gameplay was still fine but it really killed the atmosphere.
if they remaster Quake 3 next year, then Quake 4 remaster would be right on time for its 20th anniversary

IDK if they will remaster Q3 though since it's already got so many variants like that hero based one and quake live and etc

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Leal posted:

I admit my situation wont be common but originally I started with me and my younger brother. Then my older brother, who plays with his own people when available, wanted to play with us and help us out. So sure, he can drop in and play with us and when he has to log off my younger brother and I can keep playing.

But now we're stuck with the character my older brother made and now only have 1 slot to dedicate to a companion to swap out. It also doesn't help he made a greenman named Shrek

well, now it looks like I need to curse all my friends with a shrek in the party

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Hwurmp posted:

The biggest standout for me is its movement. Between your run speed, dashes, double jump, weapon jumps, wall run on special runnywalls, grappling hook, air control, the aforementioned CHAINSAW LEG, and all the unlockable upgrades for those, TO has the best movement out of all the recent shootboomers. Combat is excellent as well.

Most of the best FPSes of the last few years, I would call almost as good as Dusk and Amid Evil. Turbo Overkill is the first one I'd say is just as good as those two.

God dammit, I'm sold.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

The Case of the Golden Idol DLC: too short, but good, and I just want more if this.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

She posted:

too short, but good, and I just want more if this.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Lunsku posted:

The Case of the Golden Idol DLC: too short, but good, and I just want more if this.

sorry, best I can do is another Batman spinoff game with colored tiers of loot

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I would be happy if the additional content for Golden Idol would be those ~three chapter mini story arcs until they can make a full sequel. Only problem is that there's never enough Golden Idol.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Ciaphas posted:

well i'm always a fan of a game with fluid movement so seems like i ought to give it a shot after work

meanwhile, how's it compare difficulty-wise to ULTRAKILL? i ain't getting any younger and neither are my reflexes, going by how hard i found that one :corsair:

(e) i liked CHEGG better lol

it's insane how fast you move and how fluid it feels. it's a really fun game. i finished episode 1 and then got side tracked by baldur's gate but man is it good. it's got a really varied enemy roster too which i'm a big fan of. feels like, idk, doom eternal and amid evil had a baby.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ultrakill actually reminded me of Titanfall 2 with how mobile you are, but with a more (and better) boomer shooter feel.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZearothK posted:

Ultrakill actually reminded me of Titanfall 2 with how mobile you are, but with a more (and better) boomer shooter feel.

You mean Turbo Overkill, I think

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mordja posted:

You mean Turbo Overkill, I think

Lol lmao yeah

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Dear retro FPS devs: name your games something different to stand out, like, I dunno, PuppyHugz or something. I'll take my million dollars now.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mordja posted:

Dear retro FPS devs: name your games something different to stand out, like, I dunno, PuppyHugz or something. I'll take my million dollars now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Announcing our new arena shooter, Ultra Turbokill: Overmurder

That's pretty much just a Painkiller title though so

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i would play LOBSTER DAUGHTER

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Overultra Murderkill

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dear death metal bands: Please design your logos to be readable by human eyes. :v:

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
What’s that on the right? Sarcastic ejaculation?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

no, it's the band logos

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hwurmp posted:

no, it's the band logos

lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ejaculation is probably right but I think the first word is Parasitic

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nice

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Commander Keene posted:

Dear death metal bands: Please design your logos to be readable by human eyes. :v:

Skill issue :colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

i would play LOBSTER DAUGHTER

the gritty post-apocalyptic sequel to Octodad

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Those are also the lyrics.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mordja posted:

Those are also the lyrics.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

To anyone who's ever had login difficulties with Rockstar Social Club: I am so sorry. Just bought RDR2 and I'm not gonna get to loving play it (or GTA5 again, which I also own) because I lost my password, their password recovery process has reportedly been flat broken for years now, and their support site offers jack poo poo for alternatives. :suicide:

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 17, 2023

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Hwurmp posted:

no, it's the band logos

:lol::boom:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MonkeyforaHead posted:

To anyone who's ever had login difficulties with Rockstar Social Club: I am so sorry. Just bought RDR2 and I'm not gonna get to loving play it (or GTA5 again, which I also own) because I lost my password, their password recovery process has reportedly been flat broken for years now, and their support site offers jack poo poo for alternatives. :suicide:

well you can always grab the :filez: version which won't require a login into their broken drm system

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

well you can always grab the :filez: version which won't require a login into their broken drm system

I may well have to, but the whole reason I just lit $22 on fire was in the hopes of not having to spend a long weekend downloading and unpacking something this fuckhuge

It's the first time I've thought of an outrageously bloated install footprint as an antipiracy measure, but it's evidently more effective than the actual loving DRM :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

DRM - promotes piracy

Your game being the size of Australia - gently caress I don't want to have to :filez: that, let's just buy it on Steam

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Was watching some dumb top 10 YT video and it called Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines an "Immersive Sim"

I can kinda see it but it doesn't feel right

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nancy posted:

Was watching some dumb top 10 YT video and it called Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines an "Immersive Sim"

I can kinda see it but it doesn't feel right

I could see the argument I guess but most of VtMBs alternative solutions are just varying ways of talking yourself out of boss fights. Even that runs out eventually when the Troikaness comes calling.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Commander Keene posted:

DRM - promotes piracy

Your game being the size of Australia - gently caress I don't want to have to :filez: that, let's just buy it on Steam

update: the :filez: version doesn't work either. I blame ghosts.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I tried out The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood, because I was intrigued by the demo.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1340480/The_Cosmic_Wheel_Sisterhood/

It's a fairly unique Interactive Fiction kind of game. I got a couple of hours in and I was finding the gameplay and the story fairly intriguing at first, especially the card making which is really cool, until one specific point.
I'm going to spoiler it just in case, but I don't actually consider it a big spoiler really because there's no substance to it.
There's a point where a character that you meet for the second time ever (both you as a player and you as the main character) goes "Wow, you helped me. Also, I love you!" and your character also goes "I love you too!" without giving you a choice about it, unlike basically every interaction prior to that, and then it cuts to an implied sex scene and now your "love" just hangs around your house without ever interacting with you in any way.

Now, to be fair, there could be a plot justification for that, but none of the characters acknowledge that happening again,
and I found that whole thing to be incredibly off-putting to the point where I just quit the game and I'm not planning on finishing it anymore.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Can't you just make a new Rockstar account?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
So that HoloCure "Vampire Survivors but vtubers" game was released on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2420510/HoloCure__Save_the_Fans/

It's better than Vampire Survivors.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

Det_no posted:

So that HoloCure "Vampire Survivors but vtubers" game was released on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2420510/HoloCure__Save_the_Fans/

It's better than Vampire Survivors.

Yeah, all the memes and in-jokes aside it's probably in the running for Best In Breed for this genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Can't you just make a new Rockstar account?

I'm fairly certain it was autoregistered to the account I can't access thanks to my purchase going through some unholy amalgamation of GMG, EGS, and RSC that didn't even yield an actual redemption key. My last hope at this point is that it turns out the one means of actually contacting Rockstar support seems to be claiming your account was hijacked (and hey, it may even have been for all I know, my first and last use of it was 7 years ago), so I'm taking a shot at that.