Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Accidentally pulled bc I was using a new controller on my PC and the buttons were swapped so I pulled a C1 Keqing right after getting a Yelan. Guess if I was going to lose the 50/50 there's no better time to do it with 0 pity.

That means I've pretty much just gotta use Keqing next but I don't have hardly anyone that works well with her. Almost tempted to use the next 50 rolls just to outright buy Beidou from the shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

First off: Lynette is very cool, she's like a Yelan + Kazuha mix. Also, holy poo poo, you don't have to do 3 hours of an event to get her, she's just immediately available with one x press. Lyney is very strong, with his personally crafted bow too. Might roll for him, dunno.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

No Wave posted:

I'm seeing way further it feels like, render distance feels way higher. Was really noticeable in watatsumi (because Aqua Simulacra uses spectre mats so here I am day 1 of fontaine doing spectre routes).

Didn't notice a difference so far but that's big if true.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Finished the story. That was just great all around, curious how the Eng dub will sound on streams because I know Judge/Furina are the most different in voice tone.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I don't know about draw distance, but PC and PS5 have a new option for global illumination. It seems to generally make thing brighter and more saturated, but it only seems active in cities.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

loving ben. twice in a row.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Finished both archon quest chapters, now time for some GAME THEORY.

Why is Childe found guilty by OMAC despite us having Phoenixed in and proved some other guy dunnit? I see five possibilities.

1) He provided material support to the crimes and just didn't realize it because the Fatui are doing so many crimes all the time, who can even keep track?

2) He's responsible on a technicality as an agent of Northland Bank funding the guy who dunnit. His signature's on some forms taking responsibility or something.

3) In classic Takumi fashion, Lyney didn't tell us everything even when he told us everything, and the Fatui rigged the system as part of a plan to abscond with the gnosis while agents of the archon examine the justice machine that generates justice particles to power their society.

4) It just didn't like him. As a product of divine construction, facing someone who was dipped in the abyss and wielding the crumbled ambitions of a fallen god, OMAC could not perceive his innocence. This would also account for why he's felt off while attuning to Hydro in these parts, because of the nigh-omnipresent loathing.

12, because it's 3 x 4) As 4, but the Fatui also knew about the system's animosity toward Childe (but didn't tell him) and were planning to use it to pull a 3 whenever he got dragged in for whatever crime-adjacent thing he wound up in, because our tall drink of water is apt to getting so into swords that crimes don't even register to him.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

This is some pretty air-tight reasoning. On the other hand; gently caress that guy.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Got Lyney and his bow with relatively little primo loss so time to start banking again. The new crab boss feels pretty undertuned; a Kokomi/Yelan/Raiden/Yae team takes it out in like 15 seconds.

Maxwell Adams posted:

I don't know about draw distance, but PC and PS5 have a new option for global illumination. It seems to generally make thing brighter and more saturated, but it only seems active in cities.

I thought something seemed different. I didn't get a chance to check what new settings there are, but on PS5 the option is on by default. The game now supports controller gyros too, apparently!

I didn't notice the draw distance being increased, on PS5 anyway, but there was some pop-in during the boat ride. I should check if the bushes at the Dawn Winery still have LOD issues.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Loadtime on the PS4 seems... better? Haven't noticed any normal textures or weird pop-ups yet, and I wasn't able to walk away from my opponent in the Cat Cafe before their post-match dialogue triggered like I normally could. I'm not sure if it's just me, but if they improved performance then I'm a little shocked.

Also we got an improved party setup screen!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Loadtime on the PS4 seems... better? Haven't noticed any normal textures or weird pop-ups yet, and I wasn't able to walk away from my opponent in the Cat Cafe before their post-match dialogue triggered like I normally could. I'm not sure if it's just me, but if they improved performance then I'm a little shocked.

Also we got an improved party setup screen!

Both PS5 and PS4 got loading time improvements, PS4 more so.

The party setup screen changes depending on which country you're in, too!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Stare-Out posted:

Both PS5 and PS4 got loading time improvements, PS4 more so.

The party setup screen changes depending on which country you're in, too!

Sweet, finally. Maybe some chambers in Spiral Abyss won't take forever to load enemies in now (Floor 10-3 :argh:).

And I noticed! I'm cleaning up stuff in Sumeru, so I noticed the the rainforest theme immediately lol

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Note Block posted:

Genshin Impact 4.0: Objection! That was... objectionable.

Genshin Impact 4.0: Turnabout Big Top

Genshin Impact 4.0: You are not a clown. You are the entire circus.

gently caress

Genshin Impact 4.0: Justice Demands Reception

Best I could think of unfortunately.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tampa Bae posted:

That means I've pretty much just gotta use Keqing next but I don't have hardly anyone that works well with her. Almost tempted to use the next 50 rolls just to outright buy Beidou from the shop

Keqing fits into a lot of teams. You just need a team that operates well with three people, then you put Keqing in there until friendship 10 and you never look at her again. This is her optimal team.

If you really, really want to use her then stick her with a good offscreen dendro generator and two anemos because you're going to spend a lot of time dashing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Danakir posted:

Didn't notice a difference so far but that's big if true.
Yeah could just be the lighting thing. This is what Watatsumi looks like to me now with it on:

So yeah it's not draw distance, but further stuff looked clearer.

EDIT: I pulled simulacra on weapon banner then pulled C1 Yelan. But I miss my white favonious bubbles a lot, kind of tempted to just let fischl have the bow.

EDIT2: For the BP weapons it looks like the sword is agreed to be great on Al Haitham (R5 is close to his signature) and the spear is great on Hu Tao (R5 is close to homa, R1 is usually better than DBR5). The spear should easily be Cyno's best 4* even at R1 as well.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 16, 2023

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Hi all I don't play this game but I got this gift pack thing code in discord if anyone needs it: DTQLKEVZ7FLZ
thank you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grabbed it, ty

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

Genshin Impact 4.0: Les Miserable Rolls

Tossing in another vote for this

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol at all the water level deniers in fontaine

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Tossing in another vote for this

its already the title

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

its already the title

yes but consider how little sleep I'm running off thanks to bg3

:negative:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Free Lynette. I'd be happier if she wasn't Anemo, but free is a very good price.

The Land of Fischls and "Indemnitium" tell me that I will be clasping my head like a stunned monkey long before the end of this storyline.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

focalors owns

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Dang, people are fast. I spent all of yesterday swimming around and hunting for Lynette's mats. Very fun, for a second there I had forgotten that genshin was a game that I enjoy playing

Decided to pick up Neuv for the swim speed passive lol

Sorry, Wrizzley!

Kale
May 14, 2010

I'm doing the last bit of rainforest exploration and the rest of Dehya's story quest tonight since its now blocking the Fontaine Prologue quest for me that's all I know. I assume it ends with some form of face punching, possibly against her dad since like a G Gundam character thats how she seems to communicate.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Well discovered the Mer-people and holy cow that quest does not want to let you skip non-voice actor dialogue. New Aranara storyline?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

UHD posted:

focalors owns

focalowns

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Also HMC is really bad but she looks great as a hydro with the Flute so I'll forgive her. It's not like her burst does anything, probably gonna give her whatever second string golden troupe pieces I end up collecting.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Made out like a bandit rolling for Yelan. Only early 5 star I've seen previously was a Skyward Atlas 28 rolls into a weapon banner.

Also, the interactive map has harvest routes for the new materials already built in, which is cool.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Also HMC is really bad but she looks great as a hydro with the Flute so I'll forgive her. It's not like her burst does anything, probably gonna give her whatever second string golden troupe pieces I end up collecting.

they are really dedicated to making the protagonist feel completely useless, which is odd

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They did give them the Pneuma/Ousia alignment you won't be able to get without gacha, so they'll feel pretty good for nullifying gimmicks. :)

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Fontaine is great so far, this game is very fun when you get to run around in new areas just picking up things

Also I rolled for Yelan and ended up getting her early so I threw the rest of my primos at the weapon banner and got her bow and also Xingqiu who I've been missing so far. Between those and Lynette I guess I'll have no problems spending my resin in the near future.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

For those out there who don't own Yelan. Try to roll Yelan! I only shill three five stars and she's one of 'em!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
She's not a death laser judge so nty

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gnoma posted:

Also, the interactive map has harvest routes for the new materials already built in, which is cool.

It really is one of if not the best interactive maps I've seen for a game like this especially considering stuff like this done by the official devs is usually kind of rushed and half-assed for the usual industry reasons.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

It's interesting that the local political leader's confidant/lieutenant is a lady Electro vision holder for every nation except Sumeru.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Err how do you access the case record?

Also holy poo poo this is great.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

theblackw0lf posted:

Err how do you access the case record?

Also holy poo poo this is great.

Long press left trigger during investigations and interrogations. Quest items otherwise, but be warned, in this mode Ace Detective Paimon is fully operational.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh no. 4* weapon banner hp% sword next patch. This is gonna suck!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Maxwells Demon posted:

It's interesting that the local political leader's confidant/lieutenant is a lady Electro vision holder for every nation except Sumeru.

I'm not even remotely surprised to recall that that particular character is voiced by Yui Ishikawa either.