Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
RIP Gage, you never could stay healthy.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1691827664812655034?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Repost but a lot of this video breakdown of Lance's first preseason game comes down to him just not processing things quickly enough/being decisive enough when the play is there, which to me does suggest he just needs a shitload more actual reps to have any chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kfkO751FBY

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Luckily there should be plenty of practice reps available for the third string QB

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Marlon is dead, foot surgery today

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Defense is screwed. Gotta hope the monken offense with Lamar lives up to the hype

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs - Jets joint practice going as expected.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1691841928818556931?s=20

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Pigwich rocks.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Marlon is dead, foot surgery today

This loving team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The jets o line being bad is pretty bad as Rodgers is not as mobile as he used to be.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It is bad, but caveat that of the projected starting oline of Brown, Laken, CMG, AVT, and Becton, only 2 were practicing today and Becton was with the 2s.

Offensive lines the league over are trash though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

It is bad, but caveat that of the projected starting oline of Brown, Laken, CMG, AVT, and Becton, only 2 were practicing today and Becton was with the 2s.

Offensive lines the league over are trash though.

It's unfortunate that the Jets have invested as much resources into their OL as they have in the Douglas era and it's still such a giant question mark that could gently caress up this entire season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Incitatus posted:

Remember Jimmy Clausen?

Remember when Fiz almost drove him to tears on Twitter every day

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

It's unfortunate that the Jets have invested as much resources into their OL as they have in the Douglas era and it's still such a giant question mark that could gently caress up this entire season.

I'll panic Week 1. They still have a lot of camp left for guys to get healthy and to bring guys like Tippman and even Becton along. We'll see what happens.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1691876507109535772I can't believe I'm saying this, but my sympathies for Treylon Burks is actually exceeding my hatred for the Titans, dude's career has just been snakebit so far

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

JT Jag posted:

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1691876507109535772I can't believe I'm saying this, but my sympathies for Treylon Burks is actually exceeding my hatred for the Titans, dude's career has just been snakebit so far

Jon Robinson will never see heaven for letting AJ Brown go

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
poo poo sucks. Espns beat writer said he walked off so I’m choosing to hope it’s not as bad as it seems. But definitely seems bad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was carted off, it's his left knee according to Sleeper

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think we stated strongly enough how loving moronic it was to not pay AJ Brown and trade him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Well it did cost the GM his job.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm uh, trying to keep a level head about Justyn Ross and it isn't working. He catches touchdowns at an alarming rate.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

mcmagic posted:

I don't think we stated strongly enough how loving moronic it was to not pay AJ Brown and trade him.

the team literally fired the gm, my dude, what more do you want

i would personally not be opposed to him being (not scaldingly) tarred, feathered and thrown into the Cumberland, but as reasonable responses go, punting his rear end out of the team suffices

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mcmagic posted:

A franchise WR is almost as valuable as a franchise QB it was literally one of the dumbest moves in the history of the NFL

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wouldn't go that far franchise wrs are the easiest thing to find

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Not for the titans homie. Anyway, Big Jeff

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Bengals took John Ross over Patrick Mahomes because they're both similar in value to a team.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Question- is there anywhere that has tried to quantify how well a player has over/underperformed vs. their draft position? Like, an overall database for draft classes back x number of years?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Metapod posted:

I feel like the Patriots would have drafted one by accident if this was true

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Titans did the “we have AJ Brown at home” meme in real life, it was absolutely incredible

Metapod posted:

It’s true you can find all pro WRs in the couch cushions, just look at New England

wait

Edit: :argh:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How did the Pats manage to lose the only receiver that they stumbled into rear end-backwards with Jakobi Meyers

edit: i can't spell his name

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 16, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

They’ve stumbled into a decent number of dudes like Edelman and Troy Brown and super bowl MVP Deion Branch over the years who weren’t remotely “franchise WRs” in the way AJ Brown or Hill or JJ are but were good enough to win championships because Brady. Unfortunately these days there is no fail safe for Belichick’s WR talent blindness lol

Agreed I do not understand the point of swapping Meyers for Juju though. Like the upside case is that it’s a wash

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
WRs that aren't the top guys are the equivalent of 5th round running backs Im glad some of you guys are happy with mediocrity

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess I feel like Justin Jefferson is far and away the top receiver in the NFL right now and that hasn't helped the Vikings win a drat thing in the weak rear end NFC

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
They literally just went to the playoffs on the back of their offense what the heck are you talking about

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doltos posted:

They literally just went to the playoffs on the back of their offense what the heck are you talking about

Didn’t they immediately lose their first game?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Such is the Viking way, why would people be surprised?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

I don’t think Saints fans really get to pull the “embarrassing losses in the playoffs mean you were always bad” card against the Vikings of all teams.

kiimo posted:

I guess I feel like Justin Jefferson is far and away the top receiver in the NFL right now and that hasn't helped the Vikings win a drat thing in the weak rear end NFC

As opposed to the Chargers and Dolphins who have been lighting it up with the QBs they took before Jefferson.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 16, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

How did the Pats manage to lose the only receiver that they stumbled into rear end-backwards with Jakobi Meyers

edit: i can't spell his name

Same reason they let Welker walk and then paid Amendola the same amount of money he wanted. Ego.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens have never had a single pro bowl WR

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think Saints fans really get to pull the “embarrassing losses in the playoffs mean you were always bad” against the Vikings of all teams.

I just mean the whole time last season, everyone was calling the Vikings frauds after a 13-4 season, and then they lose their first playoff game.

Just looked it up and I’m wrong, the Eagles blew them out in their second playoff game 24-7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah because they forgot to field a defense