Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i figured out how this is going to end

some wet blanket of a statement saying that they’re going to do better and now they have clearly processes in place to deal with harassment going forward

it’s gonna be annual off the shelf anti-harassment e-learning module

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is the kind of contract law that I would find absolutely fascinating to learn more about. Are there contracts that say "My price goes up if you keep access to your twitter account." or "I charge 10k more for every tweet you make."

Just hire someone to follow Linus around all day and give him a smack every time he tries to type something.

I'm sure there'll be no shortage of candidates

kalleth
Jan 28, 2006

C'mon, just give it a shot
Fun Shoe

Mokotow posted:

let me squish you right there

mods?!??!??!!??????

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

And if you want to crush prices as well as your customers, use the offer code LINUS at Logitech.com for 10% off any controller!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Wedge Regret
Come on LTT staff. Unionize. It'll be the funniest thing..

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

grack posted:

Just hire someone to follow Linus around all day and give him a smack every time he tries to type something.

Branch Nvidian posted:

Pay me $60k a year to hit Linus with a newspaper every time he starts to open his mouth.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I mean, Luke was also keen on moving the company to Taiwan.

lol, lots of great ideas at LMG.

grack posted:

New Channel Super Fun content: "I have to keep my BOSS from getting CANCELLED!" and it's just a super cut of Dennis tazing Linus for 30 minutes.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

apatheticman posted:

my man most of those people are his friends or sycophants who have idolized him for years, they dont want to hurt him

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Phone posted:

i figured out how this is going to end

some wet blanket of a statement saying that they’re going to do better and now they have clearly processes in place to deal with harassment going forward

it’s gonna be annual off the shelf anti-harassment e-learning module

Which frankly any company his size should already have just to cover their asses if someone sues them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

who is naomi wu

im watching a stream where theyre talking about this and a few people in chat keep saying she got screwed over or made allegations a few years back

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Have any sponsors announced leaving?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

beep by grandpa posted:

who is naomi wu

im watching a stream where theyre talking about this and a few people in chat keep saying she got screwed over or made allegations a few years back

she's a tech influencer from china. she accused linus of trying to get her alone in his hotel room at a conference in taiwan or something a few years ago

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

:yikeseroo:

DavidCameronsPig
Jun 23, 2023

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is the kind of contract law that I would find absolutely fascinating to learn more about. Are there contracts that say "My price goes up if you keep access to your twitter account." or "I charge 10k more for every tweet you make."

I'm guessing it'd more likely be 'pay us a $500k deposit up front', and 'if you tweet anything stupid without our explicit ok , we are out, and you lose that money'.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

the talent deficit posted:

she's a tech influencer from china. she accused linus of trying to get her alone in his hotel room at a conference in taiwan or something a few years ago
https://www.hackingbutlegal.com/naomi-wu-and-the-silence-that-speaks-volumes/

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I recall the Naomi Wu thing ended with her discovering she missed some followup email from Linus that made the whole thing above board (just incredibly stupid since he basically exactly followed the playbook of trying to proposition her anyway), but not before Linus managed to manifest a rake out of thin air just to step on it by going "I've never cheated on my wife and to prove that I will list all of my sexual partners:" to everybody's profound confusion and disgust.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

apatheticman posted:

Unironically, I think this would help a lot.

Soul Glo posted:

my man most of those people are his friends or sycophants who have idolized him for years, they dont want to hurt him

Or not... Though managers generally aren't union.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

power crystals posted:

but not before Linus managed to manifest a rake out of thin air just to step on it by going "I've never cheated on my wife and to prove that I will list all of my sexual partners:" to everybody's profound confusion and disgust.

:kstare:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Naomi Wu is a Chinese woman who has some very unique content but she has a long history of being a huge drama factory, sometimes justified (multiple journalists basically tried to get the CCP to black van her), sometimes completely unjustified. She's by her own admission significantly mentally ill and sometimes that gets in the way. I mean it's not like saying this is going to help but do not drag her into this poo poo, she's just going to start flailing and hurting herself again.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

power crystals posted:

I recall the Naomi Wu thing ended with her discovering she missed some followup email from Linus that made the whole thing above board (just incredibly stupid since he basically exactly followed the playbook of trying to proposition her anyway), but not before Linus managed to manifest a rake out of thin air just to step on it by going "I've never cheated on my wife and to prove that I will list all of my sexual partners:" to everybody's profound confusion and disgust.

That boy only digs in one direction I tell you h'what.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
He's like a bad decisions elemental

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Yvonne must really love Linus, because holy poo poo the money can't be worth it enough to stick around.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Xakura posted:

He's like a bad decisions elemental

That is the most apt description of Linus I've ever heard.

Branch Nvidian posted:

Yvonne must really love Linus, because holy poo poo the money can't be worth it enough to stick around.

Yes, obviously everyone who is not cut out to be a CEO is an awful person who is terrible to be around and has no redeeming qualities. Slick CEOs are well noted as being the best spouses.

There are some seriously funny posts in this and the GPU thread over the past few days. Linus is a dink but just LOL if you think you wouldn't be at least 90% as bad if you stumbled into as much success as he has.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Branch Nvidian posted:

Considering Linus was living with Yvonne at her parents' house, and it was her stable pharmacy job that bootstrapped LTT after it spun off from NCIX, yeah, the whole family must adore the guy.

mewse
May 2, 2006

K8.0 posted:

Naomi Wu is a Chinese woman who has some very unique content but she has a long history of being a huge drama factory, sometimes justified (multiple journalists basically tried to get the CCP to black van her), sometimes completely unjustified. She's by her own admission significantly mentally ill and sometimes that gets in the way. I mean it's not like saying this is going to help but do not drag her into this poo poo, she's just going to start flailing and hurting herself again.

Can someone find the sexual history post because I swear it's like he got it scrubbed from the internet

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

mewse
May 2, 2006

She tasted of cigarette smoke

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

K8.0 posted:

Yes, obviously everyone who is not cut out to be a CEO is an awful person who is terrible to be around and has no redeeming qualities. Slick CEOs are well noted as being the best spouses.

Uh, what?

quote:

There are some seriously funny posts in this and the GPU thread over the past few days. Linus is a dink but just LOL if you think you wouldn't be at least 90% as bad if you stumbled into as much success as he has.

The guy has a severe case of foot-in-mouth, and has every single time some poo poo has come up regarding LMG, from Trust Me Bro to posting his full sexual history with names to how the GN coverage is being handled. That's what I was commenting on, not because he was the CEO. I'm suggesting she clearly has to love him because the money couldn't make up for how often and severely he makes an rear end of himself.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

K8.0 posted:

He literally doesn't have to be CEO, and in has fact hired a professional one for the role, but still apparently micromanages everything by choice.

I'd probably be an even bigger fuckup but I haven't let anyone get sexually harassed so there's that at least.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

how fired is this dude?

I lol every time i think about this fuckin guy, he had no idea the chain of events he started. so far, literally shut down all video operations for a week as of yet.

i hope to add to this list in the coming weeks iykwim

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

K8.0 posted:

Linus is a dink but just LOL if you think you wouldn't be at least 90% as bad if you stumbled into as much success as he has.
Counterpoint: Most people smart enough to start and run a successful large company probably know when to shut the gently caress up when every time they speak it does more harm than good.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I lol every time i think about this fuckin guy, he had no idea the chain of events he started. so far, literally shut down all video operations for a week as of yet.

i hope to add to this list in the coming weeks iykwim

The true hero?

Titor
Aug 26, 2014

c355n4 posted:

The true hero?

Considering the recent trends it was bound to happen sooner or later even without him.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

slidebite posted:

Counterpoint: Most people smart enough to start and run a successful large company probably know when to shut the gently caress up when every time they speak it does more harm than good.

Ok, but how about company founders and owners who name the business after themselves?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
See the "L is for narcissist" clip.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Branch Nvidian posted:

I'm suggesting she clearly has to love him because the money couldn't make up for how often and severely he makes an rear end of himself.

Right, and my point is that his lack of the qualities that make a good CEO is more likely associated with him being a good spouse than not being a good spouse. Being honest and open, trusting and expecting trust is great in a marriage, and loving horrible in business.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Wedge Regret
TBF an editor also kept it in. Teamwork!

mewse
May 2, 2006

K8.0 posted:

Right, and my point is that his lack of the qualities that make a good CEO is more likely associated with him being a good spouse than not being a good spouse. Being honest and open, trusting and expecting trust is great in a marriage, and loving horrible in business.

Please don't accuse Linus of being a good spouse without asking him for comment. We follow proper journalistic ethics in this thread.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

apatheticman posted:

TBF an editor also kept it in. Teamwork!

The labs quote from that guy is from a fan’s footage of a labs tour. LMG did not edit the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Arivia posted:

The labs quote from that guy is from a fan’s footage of a labs tour. LMG did not edit the video.

Believe OP was referring to the "L is for narcissist" clip.