Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

This is a real thing in accounting; business owners make all sorts of mathematically bad decisions and absurdly risky plans because 'rarr I don't wanna pay tax on that!!'

Don't let the tax tail wag the dog is the saying

Ah, the owner version of 'i dont want a raise because itll cost me more in taxes'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Poe posted:

Wait until that CSAM guy complains and won't be his friend. We'll get the other 180.

Holy poo poo is the CSAM guy still posting? Ebaum didn't reverse that decision after the Australian Parliament told him he's a loving wierd clown?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

Holy poo poo is the CSAM guy still posting? Ebaum didn't reverse that decision after the Australian Parliament told him he's a loving wierd clown?

No, but he did change it so that if you pay extra, your advertisement maybe won't appear on CSAM guy's posts

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

AFewBricksShy posted:

He's not far off from Largo in Never Say Never Again either.

How dare you take a non-canon Bond movie seriously :argh:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Last I saw CSAM guy he’d gone back to his conspiracy theory about how Obama murdered his cook while they were paddleboarding in Martha’s Vineyard.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Darchangel posted:

You have no reason to know this, but I’m 53 years old. I’m well aware of Asteroids the game. :)
Still one of my favorite classic arcade (and Atari VCS/2600) games.

I knew this since you are clearly an old :colbert:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Elon could absolutely be a Bond villain and Bond would show him up for ordering his cocktail wrong or something.

:mil101: No, I'm warning you 007, he's really loving stupid

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Strategic Tea posted:

Elon could absolutely be a Bond villain and Bond would show him up for ordering his cocktail wrong or something.

:mil101: No, I'm warning you 007, he's really loving stupid

Ebaum would become the Bond villain BECAUSE of being shown up about the cocktail

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm trying to imagine a remade Tomorrow Never Dies where Elon, Catturd and Ant Man are cast in place of Elliot Carver, Stamper and Dr. Kaufman. Bond wouldn't have to leave England before the villain's plan collapsed in on itself from stupid decisions made.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Elon: No Mr Bond. I expect you to be pwned.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

dr_rat posted:

I hereby offer to fight Elon Musk for corporate business stuff.

Everyone please buy my very legitimate fighting Elon Musk corporate business stuff shares!

If win, expect corporate profits ++ very good!!

Edit: Many dividend, much happiness!!!

Will there be NFTs? Very iunterest in NFT.

dr_rat posted:

Have they considered that the X-Files movie decided just to cheap real alien cadavers in their film rather than spending a lot of money making a bunch of expensive fake alien models?

Hollywood is notoriously cheap like that.

Ooo! That's just like how the Moon landing was faked, but Stanley Kubrick, who directed it, demanded realism, so they filmed the fake Moon landing on the Moon!

YF-23 posted:

That's because they don't own that money, the relationship is the other way around. You get that kind of capital by playing under capital's rules, and those rules say that if you don't use your capital to invest, grow, and compete, you will be out-invested, out-grown, and out-competed. The only way, absolutely the only way, you can get billionaires to spend their money on a non-business ventures is if you can somehow dress them up as business ventures. Even when Musk makes an oopsie trips into spending 44 billion dollars on what is clearly a pet project, he has to pretend, to the world and even to himself, that it's a business decision: if he can just get rid of the woke devs and unleash the power of the marketplace of ideas, twitter can be worth ten times as much as it was, if he can just make X an "everything app" it can be worth ten times as much as it did. He cannot admit to it being a vanity project. He cannot just say "yeah I have the money to burn to sustain this indefinitely and I will do it because I feel like it". It has to be an investment.

You also can't get that kind of money unless you have exactly zero soul, and utterly curbstomp and otherwise exploit any labor you come in contact with, with no thought whatsoever for their welfare beyond what they can do for you that moment.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

...! posted:

I knew this since you are clearly an old :colbert:

Get off my lawn.
:corsair:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's just so surreal that it's 2023 and the "2004 powermad lil bitch final fantasy message board moderator" cliche is not only back, but back in the biggest and dumbest way possible

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

It's just so surreal that it's 2023 and the "2004 powermad lil bitch final fantasy message board moderator" cliche is not only back, but back in the biggest and dumbest way possible

reported this post to xXx~*~ElOn MuSk (((SEPHIROTH420)))~*~xXX

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

No way Elon is a Bond Villain. He is at most a First Act antagonist that the actual Bond Villain kills. More likely he gets obliterated in the opening action shot when they're introducing a new actor to play Bond.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SirPhoebos posted:

No way Elon is a Bond Villain. He is at most a First Act antagonist that the actual Bond Villain kills. More likely he gets obliterated in the opening action shot when they're introducing a new actor to play Bond.

He's Porkins.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
If I had billions of dollars I would buy a good expanse of land, set it up as a nature preserve, but hire some of the classic garden hermits and encourage them to live like wizards or goblins, just get real loving weird with it, as for myself I will have a literal gold hoard and build an animatronic dragon to lie on top of it and spend all my time inside the animatronic dragon, waiting for people to come to try and steal my gold so I can blast them with fire breath. Just get real loving literal with it. Never drop the act even for a second, go on interviews wearing a mask and insisting all the other billionaires are your rival dragons and it's shameful they hide their true forms and don't battle you for their hoards.

Musk just goes around acting like an actual crazy person he already DOES THIS he's already LITERALLY DOING THIS and he not only gets away with it but people think he's a GENIUS and a hero and an idol to aspire to BE LIKE but he's not HAVING FUN with it. His theming is BORING it's embarrassing but with just a little effort he could turn this from a sad midlife crisis into an AWESOME midlife crisis. Critical Role and BG3 are huge right now Musk now's your chance.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

kazil posted:

joining the firefighting on the side of the fire

This just in! A second wildfire is gripping Hawaii! It seems a rapidly developed Tesla fire engine was being transported on scene via space ex rocket, when the rocket exploded depositing the now burning ev into the middle of a forest.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/CrookedKnight/status/1691919083841962472

Not me, but reply to get a code

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hippocrass posted:

:goonsay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiCF1QdyxhM

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Now that I think about it I don't know why I thought this Zuck stuff would finally make him stop posting, how can you dent the confidence of a man who posted this of his own volition

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

lmao galloway is a bit of a goof, but not a bad person, and probably made some good points.

Honestly that is the way to leave twitter, in a blaze of glory

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

roffles posted:

Now that I think about it I don't know why I thought this Zuck stuff would finally make him stop posting, how can you dent the confidence of a man who posted this of his own volition

See, this is what I'm talking about. I'd respect him so much more if he wore gothic industrial and built a smart-phone attachment so he could wear it on his arm and type into it like a loving duel disc. You have all the money in the world why aren't you having fun. Why aren't you playing, you won. Is it possible that winning capitalism means you become its slave?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Have they considered that the X-Files movie decided just to cheap real alien cadavers in their film rather than spending a lot of money making a bunch of expensive fake alien models?

Hollywood is notoriously cheap like that.

The horrible bit is that the aliens were alive until then.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

But he did a 360 because he's right back where he started?

grobbo
May 29, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

"Well, Bond, originally we thought you could travel to Montenegro and bankrupt Mr Musk in a high-stakes game of poker to give the British government leverage over him. But, uh...he keeps on tweeting about you."

"Tweeting about me, M?"

"Yes. He keeps saying '007 should come over to X where the party is', tongue emoji, laughing cat emoji, and then suggests it would be 'based' if you meet up to drag-race your Aston Martin against his Cybertruck, after which he'd like you to go to his house and watch him complete something called 'Deux Ex' on 'Realistic Difficulty. Then he says, 'Honey badger needs more vodka martinis,' whatever that means."

"Jesus Christ."

"Yes. I fear this will be your most dangerous mission yet, Bond. You're going to have to pretend to be Elon Musk's friend."

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Hippocrass posted:

:goonsay:

No, he has come fully back around to the original method. Spun in a complete circle and ended up back where it started just shittier.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MunchE posted:

No, he has come fully back around to the original method. Spun in a complete circle and ended up back where it started just shittier.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

YF-23 posted:

That's because they don't own that money, the relationship is the other way around. You get that kind of capital by playing under capital's rules, and those rules say that if you don't use your capital to invest, grow, and compete, you will be out-invested, out-grown, and out-competed. The only way, absolutely the only way, you can get billionaires to spend their money on a non-business ventures is if you can somehow dress them up as business ventures. Even when Musk makes an oopsie trips into spending 44 billion dollars on what is clearly a pet project, he has to pretend, to the world and even to himself, that it's a business decision: if he can just get rid of the woke devs and unleash the power of the marketplace of ideas, twitter can be worth ten times as much as it was, if he can just make X an "everything app" it can be worth ten times as much as it did. He cannot admit to it being a vanity project. He cannot just say "yeah I have the money to burn to sustain this indefinitely and I will do it because I feel like it". It has to be an investment.

He's also the king of the grift subculture where everything is work and hustle and everyone loving worships money in the most pathetic way possible, so it's impossible to admit it's a vanity project because doing so would dispel the narrative that everything is part of The Rich Man's Big Plan To Get Richer

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

bsky-social-3v4kg-imdmm

Post if you use it

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

El Jeffe posted:

bsky-social-3v4kg-imdmm

Post if you use it

I took this, thanks. Been waiting months for one. Will post my invite codes here to pay it forward.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

El Jeffe posted:

bsky-social-3v4kg-imdmm

Post if you use it

i thought this thread was against using white supremacist's websites

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You all heard the thread police, no more posting .gov links

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Every time it makes me smile

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society
bsky-social-iifbk-j6uyu

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

gently caress yeah I played the gently caress out of this game on Genesis

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

bsky-social-iifbk-j6uyu

Used.

Thanks!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i thought this thread was against using white supremacist's websites

yes yes yes all social media is nazi media can we loving stop with this poo poo already?

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/08/16/tweetdeck-access-x-twitter-musk/

quote:

The company formerly known as Twitter has revoked free access to TweetDeck, a tool for power users used primarily by journalists, and is now directing users to a sales page for X Premium, the company’s new name for the subscription service it previously called Twitter Blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol