Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Are any of the new bp weapons good? (curious)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Meowywitch posted:

Are any of the new bp weapons good? (curious)
Yes. Sword on Al Haitham is great (apparently R5 is almost as good as his signature R1), spear is great on Hu Tao and Cyno (allegedly close to their signatures when comparing R5 to R1 though SoSS math is weird) and is very good on Xiangling. I'm going to be picking up sword to replace Haitham's black sword to start with, then spear to fix Hu Tao's crit rate even tho I never play her.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 16, 2023

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the randomly appearing Sherlock clue clouds. If a quest isn't voice acted I don't really care so don't spring that on me, game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i extremely do not give a poo poo about genshin impact but discord nitro is giving me a gift pack bundle, so whoever quotes this post will get it (ideally over PM)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kith posted:

i extremely do not give a poo poo about genshin impact but discord nitro is giving me a gift pack bundle, so whoever quotes this post will get it (ideally over PM)

i've got PMs and enjoy free stuff

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kith posted:

Sup

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Animations have been leaked for shoryuken man and hadouken man. Spoiler: they both look really cool.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Received, thank you very much!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i've got PMs and enjoy free stuff

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Received, thank you very much!

hope you enjoy whatever you get from it!

a friend of mine didn't want his and i don't think it got redeemed yet? so i sent you that. hope it works!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Got an extra discord nitro exclusive Genshin Impact Bundle code, PM if you want it!

Also HI KITH

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It was not redeemed, thank you to you and your friend!!!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you're a leak checker, today might be a good day to check leaks!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wriothesley looks rad as hell. Maybe I won't regret missing out on Ayato?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

If you're a leak checker, today might be a good day to check leaks!

I AM GOING FERAL OVER WRIOTHESLEY HHRF.... HRHRG

GRRAHHRARJJSHHHRHJAJJRJRJJGGHRAGRRRRHAHGHRGRHGHHG

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Those weapons are all so boring though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Meowywitch posted:

It was not redeemed, thank you to you and your friend!!!

excellent, glad to hear it. y'all have fun

Note Block posted:

Got an extra discord nitro exclusive Genshin Impact Bundle code, PM if you want it!

Also HI KITH

hi!!! i hope you are enjoying the impacts of the genshins!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Also as part of the 4.1 leaks, apparently there have been two new enemy models, both being Steampunk Fatui basically. Which makes me think Arlecchino is going to finally show up in 4.2 or 4.3, probably to save Childe's stupid rear end.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The Fatui agent came out after the archon both times it's happened.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If this one fellow I've met was any more of an obvious villain waiting to stab me in the back, he'd have a pencil-thin mustache and twirl it at every opportunity.

I mean, they laid it on with this guy thick.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I really like the new enkanomiya ruins area and it's a pity it's hidden behind a minor unmarked sidequest

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oops, I didn't do the Caribert quest and it turns out that was important. Walking around Fontaine with no story feels kinda odd.

Anyway, does anyone have a video of the old team selection screen compared to the new one?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

New team selection screen looks neat but I honestly prefer the visual simplicity of the old one. It's not like I spend any meaningful amount of time on it to where looking nicer is an actual benefit in any way.

Edit:
Don't have any videos specifically, but here's a couple of screenshots showing the difference.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 17, 2023

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
These Fontaine character designs are excessively busy. Neuvillete’s design is alright I guess.

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 17, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/GenshinUniverse/status/1691915081422934329

i want to roll neuvilette after seeing his giant kamehameha

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i like the new party select. it's charming. the little bits of flair can be clicked through if you don't want to see them and it's not like the interface is meaningfully slower for it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

when does the fontaine lady with the gun drop

actually, what is even her name?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Meowywitch posted:

when does the fontaine lady with the gun drop

actually, what is even her name?

Chlorinde, no reliable info on her banner.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, I was not expecting the Archon Quest to end with the Bioshock Infinite ending. Brutal, but yeah if there was any remaining doubt as to one of the chief influences for this region, lol

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Not sure what Vivianne of the Lake was supposed to be but whatever. IN MY WAY is what they were so I gave them some fontaine justice :angel:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Man, there is a Lot of poo poo to do right now and I haven't even gotten HMC. Lumine was just hanging out with her Dendro charms while all this ridiculous Phoenix Wright bullshit was going on.

Also I refuse to learn Pneuma/Ousia poo poo and I'm gonna hate it when a weekly boss wants it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if its like most other weekly boss gimmicks itll probably be a 10 second difference in clear time at most

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I took a massively long break due to burnout but Fontaine is pretty and cool so far.

I'm way behind on story though, like I haven't even unlocked the Scaramouche Boss Fight behind. Woops.

Anyways my crazy invested Tighnari still shreds anything and everything in the overworld so I'm good for awhile. Gonna keep throwing pulls on Lyney and hope I get lucky, my last 5* from the event banner was Dehya lmao.

Pretty happy with Past Me for going ham on Tighnari.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Traveller posted:

Man, there is a Lot of poo poo to do right now and I haven't even gotten HMC. Lumine was just hanging out with her Dendro charms while all this ridiculous Phoenix Wright bullshit was going on.

Also I refuse to learn Pneuma/Ousia poo poo and I'm gonna hate it when a weekly boss wants it.

At least for now, my findings have been "don't know what this tutorial box says, don't care, it dies to hyperbloom or yelan+kazuha+wanderer all the same"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, I went to Fontaine without having done the prerequisite quest so now I have all the statues unlocked and am grinding my way towards getting Lynette up to lvl 70+

Pneuma/Ousia has not stuck in my head since nobody has mentioned it in dialog so I don't know what it does either, the enemies are not strong enough to deal with Nahida's dendro powers so it's not that big of a deal. I do love the Melusines though. I saw one in the trailer and assumed that was another playable character and not a new race of creature in the world. So glad to have them as a presence, the Aranara are great but they're off in their own little world sadly. They don't actually interact with many people.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there are some puzzles in fontaine that rely on it but there are usually statues/gimmicks nearby that give you the required energy anyway. and if you really need it, hydro mc and lynette cover it.

the only enemy in the game rn that react to it are the clockwork enemies that get stunned briefly when hit by it. they dont take additional damage or have some giant shield, they just get stunned briefly. its pretty minor.

it seems like its not really going to be a big deal at all.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
She Pneuma on my Ousia til I get briefly stunned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think id swap ousia and pneuma in that joke

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Called shot speculation: our twin invented Pneuma/Ousia 500 years ago somehow.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Endorph posted:

there are some puzzles in fontaine that rely on it but there are usually statues/gimmicks nearby that give you the required energy anyway. and if you really need it, hydro mc and lynette cover it.

the only enemy in the game rn that react to it are the clockwork enemies that get stunned briefly when hit by it. they dont take additional damage or have some giant shield, they just get stunned briefly. its pretty minor.

it seems like its not really going to be a big deal at all.

I'm glad it doesn't seem terribly important, because apart from being underwater or finding some out in the woods, actually using that stuff seems to boil down to "if you use your skill just right, you'll get some pneumonia, as a treat.

About how long is it until the funtime watergod gacha, 2--3 months? I noticed I was terribly close to a guarantee, and I want to know how long I'll have to refrain from gambling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Probably november. Banners speculation at the moment is

4.0: Lyney/Yelan, Tartaglia/Zhongli
4.1: Wriothesley/Venti, Neuvilette/Hu Tao
4.2: Furina/Baizhu???, Ayato???/Itto???

if youre staying on top of everything and have some stockpile, you might be able to swing one other character before furina comes out.