Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
does HIAYH even post. come down here and post, you dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

New rule: copy pasta must be sincerely held beliefs. Good faith posting only.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

In this, of all threads, with the years of Lottery of Babylon contributions, how do you not take a minute to examine an eyebrow-raising plain text post?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you manage to get probed for syq that's winning, that's a trophy.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

don’t forget the dig at their rap sheet almost entirely based on mods being completely incapable of understanding sarcasm or context

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
posting like that sucks and is lovely when it's from LoB or somebody else, honestly, for the same reasons as it's lovely to post people being hateful as the full content. Oh but it's ironic? Oh but it's a reference? Give me a list of the canonical books and movies i gotta memorize so I'll know when it's a reference and when it's actual hate, cuz like, not being omniscient and all, i gotta know what we're all supposed to be knowing. Genuinely.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you want to post unmarked quotes from crazies you do it at your own risk. It’s not the mods’ responsibility to determine whether someone is being an idiot ironically or not

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

ffs HelloIAmYourHeart maybe learn to do a right click "Search Google for..."

OwlFancier posted:

If you manage to get probed for syq that's winning, that's a trophy.

:hai: This is a poster's honor.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

InediblePenguin posted:

posting like that sucks and is lovely when it's from LoB or somebody else, honestly, for the same reasons as it's lovely to post people being hateful as the full content. Oh but it's ironic? Oh but it's a reference? Give me a list of the canonical books and movies i gotta memorize so I'll know when it's a reference and when it's actual hate, cuz like, not being omniscient and all, i gotta know what we're all supposed to be knowing. Genuinely.

You don't have to memorize anything.
Here are some helpful steps you can take, whenever you get that feeling of "I don't like this post" that may help alleviate some distress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2ZGPmijXs

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kenning posted:

:hai: This is a poster's honor.

Yeah, though it is really funny the way an errant 6er will absolutely drive some people bananas and make them declare mods and iks their eternal enemies or spend days petitioning admins to expunge their rap sheet

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

B33rChiller posted:

Here are some helpful steps you can take, whenever you get that feeling of "I don't like this post" that may help alleviate some distress.

It's not working.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
What does SYQ mean?

Google's not helping me out there, either.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

credburn posted:

What does SYQ mean?

"Source your quotes"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah, though it is really funny the way an errant 6er will absolutely drive some people bananas and make them declare mods and iks their eternal enemies or spend days petitioning admins to expunge their rap sheet

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/esthercrawford/status/1691643288774729839

We ordered an Uber and it caused the driver to get attacked by other taxi drivers. Anyway, here’s some photos from our lovely night out!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TontoCorazon posted:

I think I'm going loving crazy, this video is stupid as poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDmpMuBKyvQ
but idiots in the comments legit think its real

Mantle
May 15, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

We ordered an Uber and it caused the driver to get attacked by other taxi drivers. Anyway, here’s some photos from our lovely night out!

Also, I posted pictures of me sleeping overnight in the office in solidarity with dear leader, then he fired me

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Inceltown posted:

It's not working.

Skill issue. Can't be helped.

Vvv lol sorry to tell yah, but a flute often isn't a woodwind either.

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Aug 16, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Kamuidrone_/status/1686799020491186176

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

EL BROMANCE posted:

There's this one group on facebook I was in for a bit where people would post lewds of themselves and pictures of their cats. That on its own would be whatever, the problem was that people would also post about their cats dying or having to go to the vet because of illness, and these posts would also be accompanied by lewds.

"RIP Mittens, you've been with me ever since I moved out on my own and I'm glad we had these last 12 years together. I'll love you forever, and I know you're in a better place now. Anyway, here's three lightly censored picture of my tits/rear end/dick, etc"

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

RatHat posted:

If you want to post unmarked quotes from crazies you do it at your own risk. It’s not the mods’ responsibility to determine whether someone is being an idiot ironically or not

What about unmarked quotes that are famous lines from movies?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

credburn posted:

What does SYQ mean?

Source Your Queefs.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Please.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/the92bible/status/1691417410123743233?s=46

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Badass I wish my union would do some direct action

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Dabir posted:

American liberals all have terminal decorum brain and furiously masturbate thinking about the sanctity of the office of the president

Maybe some, most just want to not feel totally embarrassed to be an American because of an extremely online edgelord fuckass con-man.

Not going to lie: I somehow miss Nixon when compared to Trump. I think that says something.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

One of the very few times it feels good to be an Arsenal supporter

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

B33rChiller posted:

Vvv lol sorry to tell yah, but a flute often isn't a woodwind either.

Unless you're talking about champagne flutes, wut

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know how anybody can resist the urge to put him in jail tbh, like guilt aside how could you possibly resist the urge to put a former president in jail?

So he can be surrounded by his most fervent fans and supporters? I don’t think Trump would have a bad time in jail. He’d be giving selfies and be given tours while some patrolman ran out to get him his McDonald’s order.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RatHat posted:

Oldcontextless should given it the goofy lead in.

quote:

I was not making fun of you personally; I was heaping scorn on an inexcusably silly idea — a practice I shall always follow. Anyone who clings to the historically untrue and thoroughly immoral doctrine that violence never settles anything I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Baron von Eevl posted:

Unless you're talking about champagne flutes, wut
Transverse flutes, i.e. the metal flutes with saxaphone-like keys people are most likely to think of when thinking of "a flute", are typically made of metal.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

FFT posted:

Transverse flutes, i.e. the metal flutes with saxaphone-like keys people are most likely to think of when thinking of "a flute", are typically made of metal.

Woodwind instruments dont have to be made of wood. Saxophones are woodwind instruments despite being made of brass.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SiKboy posted:

Woodwind instruments dont have to be made of wood. Saxophones are woodwind instruments despite being made of brass.

The skin flute is made of flesh and still classified - at least some of the time - as wood too.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

B33rChiller posted:

Bless you

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Claiming a flute isn't a woodwind is like saying that raspberries and strawberries aren't berries.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I thought they were called woodwinds because of the wooden reed (not the body of the instrument), which the transverse flute doesn't have. A quick Google shows that flutes of all kinds count, though any other woodwinds have one or more reeds. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_woodwind_instruments

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Ok yeah, that was fun being the idiot on social media.
I had the dumb confidence to just assume

FFT posted:

(This is very well put, thanks)
And state it like a known fact, with leaving room for wooden pan flutes.
Also assumed that wood was a necessary component in the construction of woodwind instruments. I could see the reed in a sax counting.

Feel free to school me further.

:cheersbird::balldo:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Inceltown posted:

The skin flute is made of flesh and still classified - at least some of the time - as wood too.

spoken like someone whose wood has never experienced wind lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Material of a woodwind instrument used to matter, but now it refers to the way that sound is produced. Brass amplifies lip vibrations, woodwinds split the air blown to make the sound.

It's one of those things where the name used to make sense, but time and technique marches on and nobody wanted to change what they called things.