Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Are there any models trained on Star Trek like that Macross one?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

This one does uniforms.

https://civitai.com/models/67427

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The file size doesn't really matter, but can we please stick to one or two stand-out full-size images and the rest timgd? because i'm posting the fifth post on this page and the page is like four times as long as most pages get with all 40.

To contribute, Space/Cyberpunk Cats:

stringless fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 15, 2023

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

:getin:

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I got ComfyUI set up on the new system, and it's pretty nice so far when importing good workflows. I wish I understood it a little better, especially with how VAEs integrate; there doesn't seem to be a way to select which one it uses based on which model you're using?

Anyway, a few fun things I've made with SDXL the last day or so:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Personally I hate timg. It makes the page resize multiple times, manually adding the t to the bbcode links sucks and it turns looking at the batches into way too much clicking.

Scrolling is superior! :)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Sedgr posted:

Personally I hate timg. It makes the page resize multiple times, manually adding the t to the bbcode links sucks and it turns looking at the batches into way too much clicking.

Scrolling is superior! :)
Okay, maybe just post one dozen instead of four dozen, then?

Less clicking, right?

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Big image dumps tend to make me scroll faster, so I'm probably missing images I wish I hadn't.

e:

Nice. What's the AI to Photoshop ratio on this one?

Love the colors and composition in this.

RIP Syndrome fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 15, 2023

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

FFT posted:

Okay, maybe just post one dozen instead of four dozen, then?

Less clicking, right?

Yes please.

When I play with StableDiffusion, I'll often let it poop out 50+ images for a given prompt, but I only post the very best one or two.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

RIP Syndrome posted:

Big image dumps tend to make me scroll faster, so I'm probably missing images I wish I hadn't.

e:

Same. I'm for with TIMG or just fewer images.

Actually I'm just for fewer images. I lurk this thread and it is neat to see a couple new posts and see 4 or 6 cool images. When there's so many I see an image gallery instead of the images themselves and quickly gloss over.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The key to a good art thread is more art not less.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Sedgr posted:

The key to a good art thread is more art not less.

Rad

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

RIP Syndrome posted:

e:

You technically could have done this with auto1111 using sketch and inpainting but what a pita. Entirely within photoshop using the SD plugin for it I did this roughly:

"sticker "DAD WEED" 1985 logo with a surreal design as a saturday morning kid's cartoon title" gave me this:

which then I doodled on it to get it to here using the pen tool on my drawing tablet:

then slapped 'DAD' in yellow font right on top

Inpainted over just what I changed to 'seed' that text in place and build on my scribbles

and added "with a skull wearing sunglasses" then did an entire img2img (no inpainting) and low noise to just cycle till I got something resembling decent then tweaked it just a bit to get the end result. Then for actually making it a real sticker I gave it a thick white border in order to let a bit more of the holographic material I printed it on to shine a bit more though. So uh, ratio idk, using AI as a specified content aware fill is where it's at.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Awesome. Shows that it took some work, but surprised by how good the initial gen looked too.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

RIP Syndrome posted:

Thanks. I was actually trying to recreate an image I'd done with SD 1.5 in SDXL, just to see if I could even get close.

The original:

People talk about AI art being unable to convey emotion, and I kind of get it, but this is the first AI image I created that actually made me feel something. It's not technically a great picture, but to me it conveys a slight thrill of adventure, and it makes me wonder what the bond between these two people might be.

Unfortunately, it used a couple of artist prompts that aren't included in the SDXL model. So I did my best, and while this is a very different image, I do like how it turned out.

Repost:

And an alternate that I think I'd like even better, except for the person weirdly standing down on the little island. Uh, there's not an easy way to inpaint via ComfyUI, right?

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

KakerMix posted:

and added "with a skull wearing sunglasses" then did an entire img2img (no inpainting) and low noise to just cycle till I got something resembling decent then tweaked it just a bit to get the end result. Then for actually making it a real sticker I gave it a thick white border in order to let a bit more of the holographic material I printed it on to shine a bit more though. So uh, ratio idk, using AI as a specified content aware fill is where it's at.

ok I'm convinced, we live in the future.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

:five:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah are you gonna put those up on samart or what. I live in a very waspy neighborhood and those need to be on every lamp post within a 1 mile radius of my house asap

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Pvt. Parts posted:

ok I'm convinced, we live in the future.

and I'll keep yelling at people that do this sort of poo poo to adopt it asap it rules and rules hard

Hadlock posted:

Yeah are you gonna put those up on samart or what. I live in a very waspy neighborhood and those need to be on every lamp post within a 1 mile radius of my house asap

If anything they'll go on my partner's etsy or ebay or wherever she wants to sell em' but right now I'm just fuckin' around.

This is based off a 20 (!) year old sketch my buddy and I drew on the yahoo messenger thing that allowed you to essentially MS paint poo poo while using an AIM-like chat UI.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

KakerMix posted:

and I'll keep yelling at people that do this sort of poo poo to adopt it asap it rules and rules hard

If anything they'll go on my partner's etsy or ebay or wherever she wants to sell em' but right now I'm just fuckin' around.

This is based off a 20 (!) year old sketch my buddy and I drew on the yahoo messenger thing that allowed you to essentially MS paint poo poo while using an AIM-like chat UI.

this owns bones

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

It took 160 images to get the words right and they're printed on a cardboard box that I did not ask for. :cripes:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

XYZAB posted:

It took 160 images to get the words right and they're printed on a cardboard box that I did not ask for. :cripes:

:thumbsup:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Am excellent sticker! :hmmyes::420:

I like big bots and some mechs on the beach.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

XYZAB posted:

Well?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Releasing a 2:19 trailer for my Anomaly Z project on Wednesday.
Aaaaand here it is.
https://twitter.com/AnomalyZSeries/status/1691827163803378062
Elon-free link for those who would prefer one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V39p1uarMnY

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Neat! :cool:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

FWIW I don’t mind image dumps, but at least dump things that are distinct from each other instead of 50 posses that are slightly different. Not saying anyone does that, just my thoughts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The artist should layout their art how they wish it to be perceived, timg gives you the option to provide the original while still providing and easy to see set overview. Use it how you wish, if that means you don't use it that's fine.

You can also link to the imgur gallery for the set if you have a large batch you think is more niche or something I dunno.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The most important skill in the AI content future is going to be curating. As in choosing good content and not posting all of the content.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 16, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

LifeSunDeath posted:

The most important skill in the AI content future is going to be editing. As in choosing good content and not posting all of the content.

curating

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

pixaal posted:

curating

I had to use the edit button to fix this, so I think we both win.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

The most important skill in the AI content future is going to be curating. As in choosing good content and not posting all of the content.

This seems to be (one of) the main hangups people have in understanding AI and how it affects jobs.

Yes, you can or will soon be able to get a chat bot or image generator or song designer that can spit out good quality stuff constantly, forever. Choosing what is right for the job is a human skill which these technologies cannot yet come close to achieving. And management types are often terrible at choosing this sort of thing directly; that's why a lot of creative people have jobs in the first place.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

:hellyeah:

At first I was getting umbrella academy meets iron man meets doctor strange vibes, but the second half I was getting quantum leap vibes. Both are cool. Excited to see your pilot, and maybe more interestingly, how fast you can produce it with the existing toolset

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hadlock posted:

Both are cool. Excited to see your pilot, and maybe more interestingly, how fast you can produce it with the existing toolset
Thanks but don't hold your breath, lol. The existing toolset has convinced me to, as AI haters might say, PICK UP A CAMERA!!! ...and learn UE5.
BUT it has been a great learning experience. Being able to make something entertaining from footage of randomly twitching digital puppets has convinced me to start actual filmmaking. I now know I have the talent, I just need to develop the skills.

As for AI filmmaking itself, I'm still on a wait-and-see approach. It's gonna have to develop well past the current slot machine diffusion tech to be worth trying to make some that looks like an actual movie.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Got some high quality bathroom art now ;)

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Roman posted:

Thanks but don't hold your breath, lol. The existing toolset has convinced me to, as AI haters might say, PICK UP A CAMERA!!! ...and learn UE5.
BUT it has been a great learning experience. Being able to make something entertaining from footage of randomly twitching digital puppets has convinced me to start actual filmmaking. I now know I have the talent, I just need to develop the skills.

As for AI filmmaking itself, I'm still on a wait-and-see approach. It's gonna have to develop well past the current slot machine diffusion tech to be worth trying to make some that looks like an actual movie.

I think one of the top skills you need if you want to make movies is the ability to secure financing and just in general convince others that your project is worthwhile. Making super impressive concept art all on your own probably helps with that!

Mercury_Storm posted:

Literal lol at this. Great job.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Mercury_Storm posted:

Post/Avatar combo :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Mercury_Storm posted:

:pusheen: