Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

I just mean the whole time last season, everyone was calling the Vikings frauds after a 13-4 season, and then they lose their first playoff game.

Just looked it up and I’m wrong, the Eagles blew them out in their second playoff game 24-7.

They were worse than their record but they were like a 10 win team that overachieved in large part because Jefferson went off in a bunch of games. Without him they’re lucky to scrape together six wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Soul Glo posted:

the team literally fired the gm, my dude, what more do you want

i would personally not be opposed to him being (not scaldingly) tarred, feathered and thrown into the Cumberland, but as reasonable responses go, punting his rear end out of the team suffices

Maybe the GM was really secretive, but there were probably a lot of folks that implicitly or explicitly approved a move of that significance.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean even Vikings fans were waiting to get exposed as bad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

With Tanny and Henry getting older, the Titans were absolutely a win now team and trading Brown (along with the OL collapsing) immediately slammed their window shut

Just a pure nonsense trade. Thx Jon

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Like 4 franchise wrs are being drafted every draft now while every other position struggles for 1 but okay act like these guys are some rare commodity because the Patriots scout like its 1980 lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Yeah because they forgot to field a defense

That Colts game was the distillation of the 2022 Vikings. They outscored the Colts 39-3 in the second half + OT! Incredible!

This was only necessary because they went down to the loving Jeff Saturday + Matt Ryan Colts 33-0 in the first half

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

Like 4 franchise wrs are being drafted every draft now while every other position struggles for 1 but okay act like these guys are some rare commodity because the Patriots scout like its 1980 lol

List them

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Oher was actually in a conservatorship, that seems like something there should be a legal record of?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

List them

Diggs
Reek
Waddle
Wilson

Chase
Higgins
Cooper

Ridley
Hopkins

Allen
Mwill
Adams

Brown
Smith
Lamb
Mcclaurin

Jefferson
Moore
St brown
Watson

Deebo
Lockett
Metcalf
Kupp

Evans
Godwin
Olave
Thomas

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

Diggs
Reek
Waddle
Wilson

Chase
Higgins
Cooper

Ridley
Hopkins

Allen
Mwill
Adams

Brown
Smith
Lamb
Mcclaurin

Jefferson
Moore
St brown
Watson

Deebo
Lockett
Metcalf
Kupp

Evans
Godwin
Olave
Thomas

Many of these are #2 options that aren't nearly on the same level as AJ Brown. I'd also almost trade none of the top players on this list because I'd want to retain my GM job.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

They literally just went to the playoffs on the back of their offense what the heck are you talking about

I'm talking about the #1 WR in the league not coming close to the value of a franchise QB because the best WR in the league didn't win any postseason games but instead got handily beaten by the goddam Giants

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

I'm talking about the #1 WR in the league not coming close to the value of a franchise QB because the best WR in the league didn't win any postseason games but instead got handily beaten by the goddam Giants

Well duh franchise QB's are obviously the most valuable thing in the league but so are WRs. Also the Giants locked down Jefferson with constant safety help and let Cousins just feed Hockenson instead. That's a strategy lots of people face, but sure his 1800 yards are whatever

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like the terms "franchise WR" and "one of the best WRs in the league" are getting muddled together here and it's leading to some confusion.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Oher was actually in a conservatorship, that seems like something there should be a legal record of?

The family confirms that he is which is my driving suspicion that there's fuckery outside the movie money.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I feel like the terms "franchise WR" and "one of the best WRs in the league" are getting muddled together here and it's leading to some confusion.

"Franchise" <insert position> is a stupid buzzword that doesn't mean anything

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

You have a franchise QB, a franchise WR and a franchise RB. I think you're just forced to use the word so often it's lost its meaning

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

a neat cape posted:

Is it? How else do you want me to describe "Guy you can't possibly trade away and will make your team way better than all but like 5 other people in the league at the same position" in one word?

You need the term or else you get people like this describing guys like Calvin Ridley on the same level as Justin Jefferson

Metapod posted:

No these are all number 1s and franchise guys and are around the same level but people want to nitpick them and tier them because they are so many but the differences are so small

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

Many of these are #2 options that aren't nearly on the same level as AJ Brown. I'd also almost trade none of the top players on this list because I'd want to retain my GM job.

No these are all number 1s and franchise guys and are around the same level but people want to nitpick them and tier them because they are so many but the differences are so small

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

Is it? How else do you want me to describe "Guy you can't possibly trade away and will make your team way better than all but like 5 other people in the league at the same position" in one word?

Elite

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Randy Moss was traded three times.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

You need the term or else you get people like this describing guys like Calvin Ridley on the same level as Justin Jefferson

Also if that's what Franchise means, people are pretty loving liberal with its use.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

a neat cape posted:

Also if that's what Franchise means, people are pretty loving liberal with its use.

Absolutely. There's like four positions in football that can change the scope of your team and only one that can outright make you a perennial playoff team. You can build an offense around a LT or a WR and a solid defense around an elite DE but only QBs are true franchise changers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Randy Moss was traded three times.

First time was because it was the early 2000's and the Vikings were all offended by his 'behavior'. Second time was because Oakland had a dumpster fire QB room and they sold him for peanuts. Him setting NFL records with Tom Brady isn't exactly helping the case of never trade someone like him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

The Bills with Josh Allen barely squeaked by the Skylar Thompson lead Dolphins. The Chargers finally made the playoffs in their third year with with their top 5ish QB and got bounced in the first round by the Jags who also managed to lose to the Giants.

Guess a player is only valuable if they can single-handedly win you a Super Bowl so the list of valuable players in the NFL are:

Patrick Mahomes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Franchise" means you have a guy good enough that you don't need to worry about the position anymore unless you come across a diamond of a prospect/free agent/tradeable player. He's a building block of the franchise and will get a second and probably third contract from the team.

"Elite" means among the best in the league.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1691929468556754965?s=20
https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1691942689724387524?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The question we must ask ourselves: Was Joe Flacco a franchise QB?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

The question we must ask ourselves: Was Joe Flacco a franchise QB?

Can't spell "cool franchise" without Flacco.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Joe Flacco was elite, admit it, everyone

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
treylon burks has an lcl sprain, only out a few weeks, shew

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doltos posted:

I feel like you can describe top 5 players by just saying top 5 but I’ll admit that’s two words

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

With Tanny and Henry getting older, the Titans were absolutely a win now team and trading Brown (along with the OL collapsing) immediately slammed their window shut

Just a pure nonsense trade. Thx Jon

the titans might be the worst team in the league this year. it's on the table

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

treylon burks has an lcl sprain, only out a few weeks, shew

Internet Doctor was right

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pmchem posted:

the titans might be the worst team in the league this year. it's on the table

As a person who would really like it if that were the case, it's not on the table at all lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

As a person who would really like it if that were the case, it's not on the table at all lol
Yeah Vrable and his staff are too good

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I don't think the Titans will be the worst team this season but it also wouldn't surprise me if it happened to be them.

But I can probably say that about ten teams rn

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think the Titans are going to be way worse than some of their fans are hoping, largely because the offensive line isn't actually even close to fixed and the defense isn't as good as it has been in recent years, but I can't really see them having worse than a 6-11 season because the staff is good

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Prediction: Browns Deshaun Watson sucks poo poo. Many coaches and office personnel get fired. Haslam just strolls on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have the titans going nine and eight. however that's still 10th in the conference. they will be one of only two true mediocre teams by record in the afc.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
It's time for me to get caught up on Raiders news since I don't follow anything in off season and well lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gatts posted:

Prediction: Browns Deshaun Watson sucks poo poo. Many coaches and office personnel get fired. Haslam just strolls on.

Prediction: he sucks and then gets a mysterious injury and DTR never gives the starting job back to him.

edit: but then the Browns trade him and go with Deshaun again next season because it's the Browns