Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, I'd say 'literally cannot go to Saudi Arabia shows for fear of being black bagged due to his charity org in Syria' is cred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_Champions_(2023)#Results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Lol at the irony of the curb, thats his favorite show lmao

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wouldn’t be surprised if the more liberal wrestlers were still mostly centrists which is almost as bad as being a true conservative.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Who cares. Annihilate the w*man for her accused crimes

You uh, you might want to look up this Jordan Peterson guy. He's mostly famous because he lied about an amendment to the Canadian Human Rights Act meant to protect trans people. He's also not a huge fan of women in general.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Regrettable posted:

You uh, you might want to look up this Jordan Peterson guy. He's mostly famous because he lied about an amendment to the Canadian Human Rights Act meant to protect trans people. He's also not a huge fan of women in general.

hold the fort

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Alls I'm saying is if you're going to pick an angle to defend it I can only think of one that's worse.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the more liberal wrestlers were still mostly centrists which is almost as bad as being a true conservative.

Centerists are literally just conservatives with the social awareness not to admit it to others or themselves.

blunt fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 17, 2023

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Politics gets consistently pulled the right so the left is the center, the center is the right and right is a cesspool of death cultists.
The left is something that exists only in the powerless.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The best of politics in wrestling:

Bill Clinton at Wrestlemania 10
Sarah Palin in TNA
Obama vs Hillary on Raw
Cryme Tyme mugging George Bush

What are some other classics I'm missing?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

hold the fort

lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Sarah Palin in TNA
Obama vs Hillary on Raw

How could you forget Donald Trump vs Rosie O'Donnell?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Shamefully, I also forgot Chris Nowinski and Scott Steiner debating the Iraq War. :(

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Sarah Palin in TNA
Obama vs Hillary on Raw

https://twitter.com/hunterharjo7/status/1311152007001124864

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

How could you forget Donald Trump vs Rosie O'Donnell?

there is a non-zero chance that Trump would bite Rosie in 2023 in both incarnations

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Regrettable posted:

Ok so I need to clarify something. I'm aware of who jorp is and his crimes and whatnot. I was attempting (poorly) to make a joke about the thread/internet at large canceling people based on unsourced rumors/"didn't i hear"/etc as has happened before. Mea culpa.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

But have you considered I just steal all this poo poo off the internet? Checkmate, liberals

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Sarah Palin in TNA
Obama vs Hillary on Raw

Sitting Tokyo Assembly member Kawamatsu winning the Heavymetalweight belt.

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1522515784119029763?s=20

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

WrestleMania being moved because of bomb threats and definitely not low sales

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It was bomb threats. They moved to a smaller venue where no one could find them.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
WWE should run WrestleMania in North Korea to finally take the attendance record from WCW and NJPW

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The new WWE Premium Live Event Battle At The Hajj, predicted attendance based off 2023 numbers: 1,845,045

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

WWE should run WrestleMania in North Korea to finally take the attendance record from WCW and NJPW

I'm sure they could run it in Florida and ask DeSantis to make participation mandatory by law.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

super macho dude posted:

The new WWE Premium Live Event Battle At The Hajj, predicted attendance based off 2023 numbers: 1,845,045

Wanna see someone take a bump off the top of the Kaaba

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Sitting Tokyo Assembly member Kawamatsu winning the Heavymetalweight belt.

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1522515784119029763?s=20

sad to announce this guy si also a conservative

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Sarah Palin in TNA
Obama vs Hillary on Raw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUepX_AAmuw&t=345s

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Buncha people in this thread forgetting to Stand Up For WWE.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Endorph posted:

sad to announce this guy si also a conservative

Well yeah, it's Japan, a country where the LDP have been the largest party in Japan almost continually since 1955, the sole exception (in the House of Representatives) being 2009-2012 (2007-2013 or 2 election cycles for the House of Councillors). Odds are if you've found a politician in Japan it's a conservative. Or an ultranationalist.

Antonio Inoki? Japanese Restoration Party. Hiroshi Hase? LDP member, specifically from the same right-wing faction as Shinzo Abe. Great Sasuke? Technically an independent but sat with the Democratic Party & we all know liberals are basically right-wingers without the bravery to admit it. Atsushi Onita? LDP member until he had to resign after a very Onita scandal involved adult movie actresses & civil servants.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Vince could not understand why he couldn't have WWE employees giving out WWE merchandise at polling places both times Linda ran for Senate in Connecticut.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Wish I was involved in a scandal with adult movie actresses and civil servants.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Onita is a carny who lives on yakuza money, of course he's a conservative ultranationalist.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Vince could not understand why he couldn't have WWE employees giving out WWE merchandise at polling places both times Linda ran for Senate in Connecticut.

What’s a little corruption between friends

And connecticut loves corruption

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Japan has one dominant party that you pretty much have to be a part of if you want to accomplish anything. but most probably got involved to make money.

e: the ldp is officially the Liberal Democratic party. they are conservatives.

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 17, 2023

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Japan is p. conservative but they did have that guy assassinate the prime minister & the public response was largely “y’know, he makes some good points”

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I first registered to vote when I was 18 when I went to a live episode of Raw during the Smackdown Your Vote campaign.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Japan's courts have a 99% conviction rate if you want to know what sort of conservatism we're dealing with. Shits hosed. Hell Shinzo got assassinated and most of the populace ended up going "hey the assassin was right our government has been infiltrated"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Who did bron breakker vote for

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I also just remembered when they showed one of Linda's campaign videos on Have I Got News For You. Unfortunately I can't find the clip, but the video featured Kane piledriving Linda on the entrance ramp and Michael Cole screaming "STEPHANIE JUST SLAPPED HER MOTHER!!".

This was interpreted by Ian Hislop as 'vote for us or we'll hurt you".

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I didn’t remember this at all lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I miss when Bischoff would show up once per PPV cycle to torment Jericho.