Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

fast cars loose anus posted:

How hard are legend-difficulty weekly campaign missions? I need to do three to finish rank 8 and I should just ask goons anyway but I'm curious what level of effort Id be getting myself into

They are not difficult, maybe regular nightfall? Calus at the end is a bit of a slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ex post facho posted:

this is probably why I got two redbar techeuns in the first two weeks of the LW crafting and nothing since

"Bug fix"

Seems like a great way to boost those player engagement KPIs...

Hmm, in the TWID it looks like the redbar pattern drop rate change was under the Neomuna weapon section. Did it apply only to those or all potential craftables?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ex post facho posted:

Hmm, in the TWID it looks like the redbar pattern drop rate change was under the Neomuna weapon section. Did it apply only to those or all potential craftables?

It's separate bullet points.

The Neomuna change is specific to that planet's reward loop, and the same change was made to the Throne World's reward loop:

quote:

The Neomuna vendor engram upgrade will increase the drop chance of Deepsight Neomuna weapons. This is retroactive if you have already claimed the vendor upgrade.

The Throne World vendor engram upgrade will also receive the same behavior for the Throne World Deepsight weapons, and again this will be retroactive.

The bug fix is a different item and only mentions Neomuna as a place where it was particularly painful:

quote:

Season 22 will also include a bug fix in the underlying Deepsight drop system that manifested from the major overhaul we did for Lightfall. This bug could decrease the Deepsight drop rate as you neared the completion of a pattern set. Although this Deepsight bug on its own would normally have a low impact on Deepsight behavior, the problem was exacerbated when coupled with the lack of deterministic Deepsight sources for Neomuna weapons.

So yes, I would expect the raid red bar rate to increase after the patch

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ex post facho posted:

this is probably why I got two redbar techeuns in the first two weeks of the LW crafting and nothing since

"Bug fix"

Seems like a great way to boost those player engagement KPIs...

have you tried doing the quest where you complete the raid? :v:

But I assume you mean rando drops, but I didn't really notice anything funny happen with my drops. Some weeks were luckier then others, and that kind of remained true across my runs / it didn't feel like it got any worse as I went.

e: I"m tempted to assume the intention of whatever it was, was to make it so your patterns would spread out a bit, so rather then RNG giving like 5 patterns of one gun in a row and no others, you'd be more likely to finish them all out at the same time.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
No more alloys required for crafting, and I finally have something to use those 4 stacks of 999 enhancement cores on. :toot:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

haveblue posted:

Legend missions or legendary missions?

The latter are a bit harder and will have champions, but are also matchmade, so if you aren't a complete potato you can press the button and muddle through with two meat shields

It’s the latter, yeah. Still lol that they haven’t come up with a better name (although I get the appeal of sticking to Legend given the “Become Legend” tagline. still, c’mon!!!)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Isn't Legendary the Campaign modifier, with no champions, and Legend is one of the End Game Difficulty settings (Hero, Legend, Master) that does have Champions?

Man they need to unfuck their naming conventions

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

yes! and Legendary is also the purple weapons and armor, though it’s not as bad there since we mostly talk about them by name after the first like 10 hours of gameplay

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When I am become President of Video Games, I will also ensure that all games follow a standard coloring convention for rarity

It will go White -> Blue -> Yellow -> Purple -> Green and it will lead to widespread nuclear warfare

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That feel when I just sharded by vorpal Cantata last night i've had since it came out.

Wicked Implement was already one of my favs, and headstone makes it literally do everything a stasis primary weapon needs to do.

RBX fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 16, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

:unsmigghh:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBX posted:

That feel when I just sharded by vorpal Cantata last night i've had since it came out.

Wicked Implement was already one of my favs, and headstone makes it literally do everything a stasis primary weapon needs to do.

I wish I got it, but my friends and I gave it one attempt, got about 1/4 of bosses HP down in one phase and said "Eh, gently caress it. Let's go do literally anything else."

But at the same time, I am kind of lukewarm on Destiny 2 right now so I don't feel too bad I didn't get it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I will for sure, and I know another goon will, help you get it this weekend.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I need to run a friend of mine through it before season end, so if you are on overchill discord keep an eye out.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hateful evil weapon devs at Bungie posted:

RPM reduced from 390 to 360 to match other high-impact Auto Rifles.

I'm out gently caress this game byeeeeeeeeeee :byodood:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBX posted:

RBX posted:

:lovebird:

victrix posted:

That part did have my head scratching too. Wonder how the gun is going to feel after...

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Oh, nice, Wicked Implement is getting Headstone as part of the catalyst too! Ultimate stasis synergy gun.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Headstone plus its perk will activate off of shattering stasis crystals. That's gonna make it pretty darn consistent at producing slow, crystals and shards. Plus with Chill Clip getting a bit of a sack tap....lot to like about Wicked Implement going forward.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

victrix posted:

Kelly, kell of kells posted:

Vex Mehthoclast

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Senior narrative designer:
https://twitter.com/Sphynxian/status/1691972683754516756?s=20

Looks like we're getting more Immaru next season, neon nerds.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

changed my mind I'm back

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Senior narrative designer:
https://twitter.com/Sphynxian/status/1691972683754516756?s=20

I do not look forward to 12 weeks of figuring out why we can't res savathun, and then 12 weeks of figuring out why savathun cannot open a door. However, I do look forward to Fred Tatasciore being a dick to us. He's fuckin great in everything he's in and Immaru is no exception

EDIT: oh, looks like Immaru was David Shaughnessy, not Fred Tatasciore. Dang. Oh well, I will still enjoy it.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 17, 2023

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Immaru good, too bad we don't have dinklebot to talk poo poo right back. THAT would be wondrous.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I refuse to believe the vile lie that Immaru was voiced by anyone other than James Spader

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I got JK Simmons.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Simmons is obviously the voice of Loot Cave Johnson

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Oh man hopefully if there's more Immaru there's more Fynch.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Hackan Slash posted:

Oh man hopefully if there's more Immaru there's more Fynch.

Ghost: “That wizard came from the moon”

Immaru: “OK my little glowbugs, daddy Immaru needs you all to play close attention”

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
Gonna be weird working with immaru while also killing all of his guys.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

season of the cute hive gf when??????

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Panderfringe posted:

Gonna be weird working with immaru while also killing all of his guys.
I'm tempted to think they're gonna have some excuse for their to be lightbearer hive that don't work with us and some that are.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I mean it's not a difficult excuse to imagine. Group A still hates Guardians (probably because we killed a bunch of their friends), Group B is fanatically loyal to Savathun/Immaru and will fall in line. Minor groups are "we don't trust anything that's not Hive" and "honestly the Last City seems kind of nice because it's not Constant Sacrifice Deathpit"

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Oxyclean posted:

I'm tempted to think they're gonna have some excuse for their to be lightbearer hive that don't work with us and some that are.

Have a throwaway line about immaru's evil twin brother ghost, to explain why all the patrols have his voice lines still. Then make immaru2 the last boss of the last seasons dungeon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kith posted:

there have already been a few eris seasons

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

she's cosplaying, it's not the same

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

There's always Omni-gal

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kith posted:

Game becomes an alien dating sim after Light and Darkness Saga ends.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Not sure if it's a reflection of the state of pvp, something broken on the backend or what, but I turned crossplay off at 9PST to see how long it would take to find a control match on PS5.

I turned it back on after 5 full minutes and the matchmaking still sitting at 1 found

Mainly I have been getting a sense lately that even casual pvp is stale and awful and I'm not sure what happened. With TTK seeming to trend down due to powercreep and FEELING like there are people using hacks in crossplay (anecdotally, I have no proof of this), the game feels like it's moving towards CoD which doesn't fit its maps or how I think the game should be thematically.

Idk. Maybe I'm just getting old :corsair:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Only like eight people even have PS5s and probably half of those people use it to play Destiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hiddenriverninja posted:

There's always Omni-guuuuuuuuuul

You have to really draw it out

Kith posted:

I mean it's not a difficult excuse to imagine. Group A still hates Guardians (probably because we killed a bunch of their friends), Group B is fanatically loyal to Savathun/Immaru and will fall in line. Minor groups are "we don't trust anything that's not Hive" and "honestly the Last City seems kind of nice because it's not Constant Sacrifice Deathpit"

Some of their ghosts convince them to join the Vanguard and everyone has wacky fish out of water adventures. A few of them google "New Monarchy" and get exciting ideas about Zavala and tribute

Unrelated but I like the lore tab on the one weapon with a captured Hive wizard chatting with a guardian. It's trying to get the guardian to kill it because it's really putting a hamper on the sword logic and the guardian's being a real baby about it (ie; doing their job and not shooting the prisoner).

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 17, 2023