Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Something in the Trump lol thread made me think of this: a movie from the '50s or '60s, in color, about a criminal (or maybe someone on the run from the mob) who gets a facelift. Most of the movie is spent with him recuperating in a house, and I think in the process he meets a woman he falls in love with. I think MST3K, Rifftrax or Cinematic Titanic riffed this movie at one point, but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

The "Back to the Future" special edition Nikes. They are like a grand on eBay and thats just absurd.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

uhh...yeah!

thank you, I am pretty sure this is it, and coincidentally I can watch in spanish. thank you!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

!amicable posted:

uhh...yeah!

thank you, I am pretty sure this is it, and coincidentally I can watch in spanish. thank you!

My work here is done. Call on me again if you ever need the services of ....

A GIANT FUCKIN NERD

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Friends. :(

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I totally know I once played a T rated game that dropped an F bomb but I can't remember it for the life of me. I sadly don't really remember anything else about the game. I just know they said gently caress in the dialogue and it wasn't part of a song or anything.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

emSparkly posted:

I totally know I once played a T rated game that dropped an F bomb but I can't remember it for the life of me. I sadly don't really remember anything else about the game. I just know they said gently caress in the dialogue and it wasn't part of a song or anything.

T rated games can drop F bombs, there’s no rule saying they can’t. It’s the MPAA that goes super harsh on swearing, not the ESRB.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Remember those pencil drawn images of Jesus helping people out, or like, riding in the cab beside someone, with some inspirational word of advice, or helping them perform some mundane task?

Well back in like 2005 there was an edit made to one of those where Jesus was helping out someone who was building something out of wood like a shelf or a birdhouse or something, but it was broken and lovely, and the caption read "I suck at teh carpentry" in comic sans.

It turned into an inside joke in my friend group that we still use to this day, but I lost the jpeg and haven't seen it in like 18 years. I wouldn't be surprised if I grabbed it from some thread on these very forums.

Does anyone have this hiding on some hard drive somewhere?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

XYZAB posted:

Remember those pencil drawn images of Jesus helping people out, or like, riding in the cab beside someone, with some inspirational word of advice, or helping them perform some mundane task?

Well back in like 2005 there was an edit made to one of those where Jesus was helping out someone who was building something out of wood like a shelf or a birdhouse or something, but it was broken and lovely, and the caption read "I suck at teh carpentry" in comic sans.

It turned into an inside joke in my friend group that we still use to this day, but I lost the jpeg and haven't seen it in like 18 years. I wouldn't be surprised if I grabbed it from some thread on these very forums.

Does anyone have this hiding on some hard drive somewhere?

I wouldn’t mind this either…the bank teller with Jesus over her shoulder saying random numbers to mess up her counting was a favorite.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I made a couple of those Jesus edits, so I'd imagine it was a Photoshop Friday thing. Have you checked the..... Wait, do we still have a front page?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Something in the Trump lol thread made me think of this: a movie from the '50s or '60s, in color, about a criminal (or maybe someone on the run from the mob) who gets a facelift. Most of the movie is spent with him recuperating in a house, and I think in the process he meets a woman he falls in love with. I think MST3K, Rifftrax or Cinematic Titanic riffed this movie at one point, but I'm not sure.

I'm positive it's not Seconds but it's the first thing that came to mind.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I'm positive it's not Seconds but it's the first thing that came to mind.

It might be; I'm genuinely not sure. Rock Hudson's character looks familiar. I want to say that the film I'm thinking of ends with the character successfully fleeing to South America, and there's a scene of him dancing with his love at a cafe near the ocean. But that is likely another older film I'm conflating with this one.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The closest movie I can think of that Cinematic Titanic did is The Oozing Skull (and it’s the first thing I thought of when I saw your post in the Trump thread):

https://shout-tv.com/mystery-science-theater-3000/cinematic-titanic-the-oozing-skull/5ba281001a9ef112a8009f38

It’s about the leader of a middle eastern country who has terminal cancer and wants to have his brain transplanted into a young healthy body so that he can keep leading the country.

Doesn’t sound quite like what you’re looking for though.

Zamboni Rodeo fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 18, 2023

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Slugworth posted:

I made a couple of those Jesus edits, so I'd imagine it was a Photoshop Friday thing. Have you checked the..... Wait, do we still have a front page?

hope u got ten bux lol

But for real I'm pretty sure I checked a few years ago the last time I posted it in this thread, and it either wasn't there, or all of the image links were broken.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

The closest movie I can think of that Cinematic Titanic did is The Oozing Skull (and it’s the first thing I thought of when I saw your post in the Trump thread):

https://shout-tv.com/mystery-science-theater-3000/cinematic-titanic-the-oozing-skull/5ba281001a9ef112a8009f38

It’s about the leader of a middle eastern country who has terminal cancer and wants to have his brain transplanted into a young healthy body so that he can keep leading the country.

Doesn’t sound quite like what you’re looking for though.

That's a good one, but I don't think it's the one. I didn't realize how many movies follow a similar formula.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

XYZAB posted:

hope u got ten bux lol

But for real I'm pretty sure I checked a few years ago the last time I posted it in this thread, and it either wasn't there, or all of the image links were broken.

Worth noting that some of the old waffleimages links were recovered after the forums changed hands.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

XYZAB posted:

Thread's here but yeah pretty much all the image links are broken, it's 20 years old, pre-waffleimages. You might get some results out of archive.org, though (eg http://web.archive.org/web/20020409234646/http://shodan.home.mindspring.com:80/Teller4.jpg)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DerekSmartymans posted:

I wouldn’t mind this either…the bank teller with Jesus over her shoulder saying random numbers to mess up her counting was a favorite.

I've got her, at least:

There's a big collection at https://jesusisajerk.tumblr.com/archive/

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Runcible Cat posted:

I've got her, at least:

There's a big collection at https://jesusisajerk.tumblr.com/archive/

:wow: :tipshat:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I like the one where a junky is shooting junk into Jesus arm.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I like the one where a junky is shooting junk into Jesus arm.

I'm counting this as another win for me

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Me too

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why is the paint peeling on the wall in the shape of North and South America

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Porfiriato posted:

There's so many crazy unexplained details in the image, like the random nunchucks hanging off the door knob.

Here's a huge version so you can appreciate it in its full splendour:

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

There's a TV show looking for that has a character asking another if they want soup and the other replies with something like "nah, I'm all souped out".

At first I thought it was Seinfeld but I couldn't find it in any transcripts, and it's been driving me nuts for years.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Look at that revolver. I also don't like the implication that SCUMBAGS buy those cheapo clear lighters

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Porfiriato posted:

look closer- you can also see the british isles

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can’t decide which is the best element; the nunchucks on the doorknob, or the fact that the drawing (unintentionally?) contends that Jesus is inked.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

mysterious frankie posted:

I can’t decide which is the best element; the nunchucks on the doorknob, or the fact that the drawing (unintentionally?) contends that Jesus is inked.

CALVARY

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I like the ghostly handprint on the door.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Which critter did that skull come out of? There are so many questions.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
How did he get the tourniquet around Jesus's arm?

Why does he plan on snorting and freebasing cocaine?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Animal-Mother posted:

How did he get the tourniquet around Jesus's arm?

Why does he plan on snorting and freebasing cocaine?

jesus' perfect high can only be achieved with snorting, freebasing, plugging, drinking hard liquor, smoking cigarettes nonstop, while White Rabbit peaks

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I remember seeing an edit that added the text "gently caress off Jesus stop stealing my drugs" or somesuch

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
Since late 2003 this one scene from "Versus" (2000) has been stuck in my brain like an auditory enigma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyDTHvmIUR4

About 2:30 into the video some sampled bells come into the soundtrack. These are from SOMETHING SOMEWHERE and I have no idea where they originate from but they seemed so familiar.

I tried going through every media I had consumed the prior years but nothing seemed to match up. These bells plague my brain and I must know their source.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

kuarduck posted:

Since late 2003 this one scene from "Versus" (2000) has been stuck in my brain like an auditory enigma.

About 2:30 into the video some sampled bells come into the soundtrack. These are from SOMETHING SOMEWHERE and I have no idea where they originate from but they seemed so familiar.

I tried going through every media I had consumed the prior years but nothing seemed to match up. These bells plague my brain and I must know their source.

those bells are totally sick, dude. this movie looks so rad.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

kuarduck posted:

What the heck, is that Moonlit City Lumina from Legend of Mana?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drv7uY9gJjs

That, or they're both sampling from the same source.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Those are from a gamelan, a traditional Indonesian percussion instrument like a xylophone - it sounds familiar because it can only produce a limited range of tones, so many, many, many recorded tunes off a gamelan will sound similar to a Western ear.

^^^Secret of Mana used them also in the area with Thanatos, along with another instrument called an angklung. I'm guessing the composer loved adding Balinese-influenced tunes in there.

https://yalegamelan.yale.edu/brief-introduction-gamelan-music

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 21, 2023

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

wizard2 posted:

those bells are totally sick, dude. this movie looks so rad.

It is a very good motion picture :goleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

DoombatINC posted:

It is a very good motion picture :goleft:

:hmmyes: