Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Instant Grat posted:

They are on the PSN as PS Classics

You can buy them and play them on a Vita or PS3 right now

Then why can't I play them on my ps5??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Microsoft does not demand feature parity with competing platforms.

Larian could just drop split screen co-op and release on Xbox if they wanted.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also I can play it right right now on my phone on my lunch break at work as I have so succinctly demonstrated

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Every Blasphemous 2 review I'm reading says the game is great but much easier than the first game. A lot of reviews say most bosses went down on the first attempt, and if not the first then the second.

That's a bit of a shame because I thought the first game was tuned perfectly for me. I'm sure I'll still like it, but it takes my anticipation down the tiniest of notches.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Thundercracker posted:

Sorry sorry. Random question. I know Larian is delaying BG3 for xbox because of the feature parity dumbass but does Xbox also demand feature parity against the PS5? Cuz I'm wondering if it'll ever get a release if they have to shove the multiplayer in the Series S

Games do not need feature parity between PC and consoles but they do need it between platforms

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

https://youtu.be/1WzuBELNYZg

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Bugblatter posted:

Every Blasphemous 2 review I'm reading says the game is great but much easier than the first game. A lot of reviews say most bosses went down on the first attempt, and if not the first then the second.

That's a bit of a shame because I thought the first game was tuned perfectly for me. I'm sure I'll still like it, but it takes my anticipation down the tiniest of notches.

Could it also be like, these are all people that played blasphemous 1, and thus that skill/knowledge transferred over?

Its sort of like how your hardest dark souls game could be your first.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bugblatter posted:

Sounds good I am over bashing my head against bosses

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I heard the first game was rather bash-famous.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I tried The Surge 2 last night and it seems cool but I fuckin suck at the directional parrying. I practiced a bunch against random enemies and did fine, but when I got to the first boss (the warden guy) I just got wrecked over and over, successfully parrying maybe 20% of the time. Any tips?

After bashing my head against him for like half an hour I went and played Sekiro instead.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

goblin week posted:

Games do not need feature parity between PC and consoles but they do need it between platforms

Bugblatter posted:

Microsoft does not demand feature parity with competing platforms.

Larian could just drop split screen co-op and release on Xbox if they wanted.

:hmmwrong:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

gey muckle mowser posted:

I tried The Surge 2 last night and it seems cool but I fuckin suck at the directional parrying. I practiced a bunch against random enemies and did fine, but when I got to the first boss (the warden guy) I just got wrecked over and over, successfully parrying maybe 20% of the time. Any tips?

After bashing my head against him for like half an hour I went and played Sekiro instead.
My recollection of that game (which is my favourite Soulslike easily) is that the directional parrying isn't really like Sekiro or Souls parrying in that you just have to make sure you hold the button like within a half-second before it hits as opposed to trying to time it exactly with the hit. I could be mistaken but I don't remember having trouble with it and I'm not the greatest at parrying in Souls games.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Alan Wake 2 pushed back to October 27th

Gives you a week to focus on Spider-Man 2.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Volte posted:

My recollection of that game (which is my favourite Soulslike easily) is that the directional parrying isn't really like Sekiro or Souls parrying in that you just have to make sure you hold the button like within a half-second before it hits as opposed to trying to time it exactly with the hit. I could be mistaken but I don't remember having trouble with it and I'm not the greatest at parrying in Souls games.

thanks, maybe I'm just making it harder than it really is. Parrying the regular enemies in the starting area is easy because they have really slow attacks, but the boss is a lot faster and I can't get the timing right. Seems like it'll be a cool mechanic once I get the hand of it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Alan Wake 2 pushed back to October 27th

Gives you a week to focus on Spider-Man 2.

drat, it was my birthday Sam Lake day :mad:

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Anyone pick up or seen impressions of the Red Dead Redemption port?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

PlushCow posted:

Anyone pick up or seen impressions of the Red Dead Redemption port?

About ten minutes in and while you can tell it's 30fps it's smooth so far, and it's great to have John back. Way happier with this than if they'd had gone the GTA Definitive route.

There's a ten hour playthrough of the ps5 version on YouTube, which I jumped around in before buying.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FireWorksWell posted:

There's a ten hour playthrough of the ps5 version on YouTube, which I jumped around in before buying.

bad news then

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Digital Foundry has a video up about the game, too. It's slightly better than the Xbox 4K BC version but not by much.

- Better anti-aliasing so less shimmer
- Better shadows

Otherwise the game is effectively identical, so there are no enhanced models/texture or even better UI (most of the UI elements are 720p) or pop-in reduction. Game renders at 1080p30 on base PS4, and at 4K30 on PS4 Pro and PS5 (there is no difference between the game on PS4 Pro and PS5).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

univbee posted:

Digital Foundry has a video up about the game, too. It's slightly better than the Xbox 4K BC version but not by much.

- Better shadows

Otherwise the game is effectively identical, so there are no enhanced models/texture or even better UI (most of the UI elements are 720p) or pop-in reduction. Game renders at 1080p30 on base PS4, and at 4K30 on PS4 Pro and PS5 (there is no difference between the game on PS4 Pro and PS5).

It is worth mentioning that the Xbox version still has multiplayer. This remaster doesn't. There is at least one person reading this that will learn it this way.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

FireWorksWell posted:

About ten minutes in and while you can tell it's 30fps it's smooth so far, and it's great to have John back. Way happier with this than if they'd had gone the GTA Definitive route.

univbee posted:

- Better shadows

This sounds great to me, I'm so glad I have a way to play it that isn't pulling out my old 360.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

gey muckle mowser posted:

thanks, maybe I'm just making it harder than it really is. Parrying the regular enemies in the starting area is easy because they have really slow attacks, but the boss is a lot faster and I can't get the timing right. Seems like it'll be a cool mechanic once I get the hand of it.

It's actually kinda wild how overpowered the parry is, combined with the accessory that shows the direction to push. I beat the final boss on my first attempt because everything could be parried, might've been hit maybe once.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Morpheus posted:

It's actually kinda wild how overpowered the parry is, combined with the accessory that shows the direction to push. I beat the final boss on my first attempt because everything could be parried, might've been hit maybe once.

Sounds like that accessory is pretty early on? I intend to play surge 2 soon so I'm keeping an eye out for advice

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Ineffiable posted:

Sounds like that accessory is pretty early on? I intend to play surge 2 soon so I'm keeping an eye out for advice

It's pretty early if I remember right, yeah. You don't have to keep it equipped, but a number of attacks are often parried from a different direction that it appears from the animation, so having the on-screen prompt really helps.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

FireWorksWell posted:

is there anything cut/missing yet? you know like how they would remove songs from gta rereleases or is it pretty much 1:1 outside of the mp?

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

univbee posted:

- Better shadows

sweet gonna play this version then once ive finished in rdr2 finally (lol still playing my save from launch day on and off, no where near close to finishing) was planning on getting the ps3 version (turns out i already got the 360 version on my shelf but my 360 is too loud and it wont connect to my router for some reason so gently caress it)

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew is out on PSN now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtxGZZZ6Gyo

reviews uniformly excellent

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 17, 2023

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

univbee posted:

- Better shadows

DF also mentioned some cutscene frame pacing issues.

Honestly, if they fixed the above and updated the UI assets to native 4K I think it would be in a pretty good place as a faithful "play launch day RDR on modern hardware" sort of digital preservation, sort of like PC games.

60FPS would be absolutely amazing, but I can live with 30 (even though it's annoying).

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm starting to wonder about BG3 on PS5 because I'm about 40 hours of play into the PC version and I gotta say this game is buggy as hell. There's only been a couple of serious seeming ones so far (the cross-save fails to backup to the servers on a not infrequent basis, leading into an infinite loop that restricts you from saving/loading locally, and once the game said it couldn't find a valid save state for me, threatening my whole play through) but mostly just dumb goofy scripting errors (one which broke a boss fight) or characters clothes disappearing. A lot of them, though. Last night I put the game down because I was stuck inside a burning building by a mob that forgot I had already saved the person inside and screamed at me that I had to find a way in.

Fix fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 17, 2023

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Was it the purple Periwinkle or whatever clothes that disappeared? Because apparently that was an intentional patch because those items weren't supposed to be given to anyone who didn't do the Twitch giveaway.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Volte posted:

Was it the purple Periwinkle or whatever clothes that disappeared? Because apparently that was an intentional patch because those items weren't supposed to be given to anyone who didn't do the Twitch giveaway.

lol is that what it was? I have no idea. Either way their fix didn't replace them with different clothes so instead I'm having very important conversations with my gnome dong out.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Fix posted:

lol is that what it was? I have no idea. Either way their fix didn't replace them with different clothes so instead I'm having very important conversations with my gnome dong out.
Yeah same thing happened to me. Luckily I had a regular pair of underwear lying around at least.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Great to be in an era where bugs can be introduced by the marketing department.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah as more and more ppl seem to be getting further along in bg3 we're getting a better and better idea that the game is an insanely buggy mess. All the more reason to wait for the physical release of the definitive edition

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The new Skyrim upon release?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Sounds great tbh. Besides the save thing loving things up nothing else sounds terribly egregious. I kinda like when games gently caress up and glitch in really weird ways that aren't necessarily game breaking. :shrug:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Totally agree, you just have to be really proactive about your quick saves to get around some of the jank. There are some situations though, like the boss fight I mentioned, where the save system causes the jank.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

I remember cyrix, he was the robot guy from mortal kombat right

ive had a really lovely day and this made me burst out laughing, thank you

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's impressive that it takes a while for the bugginess to appear in a game like BG3 tbh. Sounds like early access was a good call and did a lot to help make the earlier portion stable. Seems like a safe bet that the rest of the game will eventually get patched up as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bugblatter posted:

It's worth noting that Blasphemous itself went through a ton of patches that made it largely easier too. If you only played B1 at launch then if you went back you'd probably be shocked at how much easier it got.