Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

MrLogan posted:

The Eagles are going to regress to the mean. They will still win games because they play against even worse teams in the NFC, but it's unlikely that they are the least injured team in the NFL two years in a row.

The Buffalo Bills have entered the chat ....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

So explain the NFC having a winning record over the AFC last year. A bunch of frauds with fancy franchise QB's but nothing else.

They had the extra home game last year.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Soul Glo posted:

i am a titans fan and i do not think we stack up against the eagles, niners and maybe not dallas lol.

Just offhand, the only NFC playoff teams from last year I think the Titans could outperform are the Vikings and Giants, and that's a maybe.

FizFashizzle posted:

Lightning storms and flash floods.

They were preparing to do it afaik

Yeah, I was planning to go watch the practice they cancelled

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, the Eagles aren't the solid rock you'd think they are based on how they performed last year against an easy schedule and a joke of a playoff run, but <waves hands at the NFC>, doesn't matter. They'll be a failure if they don't get at least 12 wins and the #2 seed.

The Eagles are going to finish third in the NFCE. They will still probably be a wild card.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Eagles are going to finish third in the NFCE. They will still probably be a wild card.

taking bets on this?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My friend, I don't want your money. I just appreciate the satisfaction of being right.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1692187730531500181?s=20

I don't know how much I'd play my starters on the Cardinals field but it wouldn't be that much.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mr. Nice! posted:

My friend, I don't want your money. I just appreciate the satisfaction of being right.

Just to make this funnier, who is finishing above them?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

So explain the NFC having a winning record over the AFC last year. A bunch of frauds with fancy franchise QB's but nothing else.

Every NFC team had 9 home games last year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to live in MrLogan's reality.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Every NFC team had 9 home games last year

A convenient excuse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mcmagic posted:

Just to make this funnier, who is finishing above them?

Dallas, of course, will be first and surprisingly the Commanders will be number 2. It's gonna be a rough year ahead for the g-men.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1692187730531500181?s=20

I don't know how much I'd play my starters on the Cardinals field but it wouldn't be that much.

It doesn’t matter because everybody knows Andy Reid is not serious here. I mean he’s in on the joke at this point Mahomes will play two series max

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Seriously though the drop off in the nfc after the top 2 is STARK

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The reality of the titans is they are at the end of tannehill thus in a soft rebuild so they wouldn't be the 1 seed in the nfc but if you put the entirety of the tannehill era in the nfc they would have 2 super bowl appearances as it's just not a competitive conference

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Metapod posted:

The reality of the titans is they are at the end of tannehill thus in a soft rebuild so they wouldn't be the 1 seed in the nfc but if you put the entirety of the tannehill era in the nfc they would have 2 super bowl appearances as it's just not a competitive conference

West Coast teams are evil but I respectfully would like to advocate that the Rams and 49ers have also been better than the Titans. Also, TB12 Bucs.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Mega64 posted:

I want to live in MrLogan's reality.

Unfortunately, I am a huge optimist, so I am disappointed a lot.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eagles are still an elite team with probably the best o-line and nearly the best d-line in the league. Their QB is confident and their offense is based around athleticism. Unless half the NFC suddenly got a lot stronger I believe they'll do fine.

The NFC is a garbage fire this year.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dallas, of course, will be first and surprisingly the Commanders will be number 2. It's gonna be a rough year ahead for the g-men.

A McCarthy led offense with Dak? Hah. New and exciting ways to choke.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The cowboys kill it during the regular season. Pay no mind to what happens in the playoffs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dont forget Mr. 4 yard curls on 4th and 6, Brian Schottenheimer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you look at the Eagles' OL and DL and think that's a 3rd place team you know literally nothing about football.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/DanielOyefusi/status/1692195801580077229

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

three posted:

West Coast teams are evil but I respectfully would like to advocate that the Rams and 49ers have also been better than the Titans. Also, TB12 Bucs.

Yeah there's been a few respectable teams which is why I only said twice

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joe Mixon was acquitted on the aggravated menacing thing. Again

RIP Tua

:(

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

If you look at the Eagles' OL and DL and think that's a 3rd place team you know literally nothing about football.

Yeah between the lines and the skill position players on offense, who the hell would look at the Eagles and be like "oh that's a 3rd place team in their division" lol.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Yeah between the lines and the skill position players on offense, who the hell would look at the Eagles and be like "oh that's a 3rd place team in their division" lol.

It's not my fault the NFCE is the best division in the NFL. Often the third best NFCE team is a top five NFL team.

Also Hurts is going to regress badly now that there's a year of tape on him and gameplanning to match. The hurts led eagles at full power could barely beat the Cooper Rush cowboys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Don’t discount Danny Dimes dominating the league this year.

Also gently caress the Cowboys

Nov 6, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also Hurts is going to regress badly now that there's a year of tape on him and gameplanning to match.

This is a NFL trope. Players with fluke performances regress. Good players get better. I think Hurts is in the latter category.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The hurts led eagles at full power could barely beat the Cooper Rush cowboys.

Division rivals play each other hard because they know each other so well. And yet that same team went toe-toe to with the best offense and quarterback in the NFL in the Super Bowl.

Nov 6, 2002

Also just lol @ the idea of the the NFCE being the hardest division in the NFL.

A top 10 QB
Kirk Cousins South
A guy who turns the ball over every other drive
5th round rookie coached by a lame duck HC

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
NFCE is clownshoes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here are the division projected win totals by individual game spreads. NFC South is funny because the Saints are favorites in like 14 of those games against trash opponents.

code:
	Total
AFC North	45
AFC West	43
AFC East	38
NFC East	36
NFC North	32
NFC West	29
NFC South	26
AFC South	22

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's not my fault the NFCE is the best division in the NFL. Often the third best NFCE team is a top five NFL team.

Also Hurts is going to regress badly now that there's a year of tape on him and gameplanning to match. The hurts led eagles at full power could barely beat the Cooper Rush cowboys.

He's not going to regress lol he's gotten better every season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

Here are the division projected win totals by individual game spreads. NFC South is funny because the Saints are favorites in like 14 of those games against trash opponents.

code:
	Total
AFC North	45
AFC West	43
AFC East	38
NFC East	36
NFC North	32
NFC West	29
NFC South	26
AFC South	22

Preseason projected win totals are pretty stupid to be fair. This is where Draftkings had the odds last year in August

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/futures/win-totals-odds

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Preseason projected win totals are pretty stupid to be fair. This is where Draftkings had the odds last year in August

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/futures/win-totals-odds
It's not win totals, it's individual point spreads. Which sure, not a perfect system but if you have a better one, you're in line to make a bunch of money.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's not win totals, it's individual point spreads. Which sure, not a perfect system but if you have a better one, you're in line to make a bunch of money.

I’m assuming the win totals are being fed from the individual point spreads, since they’re bookmakers and that seems like common sense bookmaking.

The NFL had a lot of parity and a lot of variance across a short season so even the best system is going to suck. The games will get played and then everyone can argue pointlessly over which conference was better at the end of the year.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Titan up

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

They already had a year+ of Hurts on tape last year, and it didn't matter. The Eagles may regress out of a harder schedule or bad luck, but not because the team is any worse. Jalen Carter alone looks like a huge pickup.

Mahomes lost to the Colts last year. poo poo happens.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
as long as the eagles have the best o-line in football they're going to be a playoff team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1691855894819078234?t=u2u3f3LBlMLNGYnaDLITaQ&s=19

Frustrating how little coverage Cook gets for this