Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Obviously when he strikes out on his own he’ll be Homeless Emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Tiramisu posted:

Obviously when he strikes out on his own he’ll be Homeless Emperor.

Comedy wise it doesn't 100% fit, but given the time shenanigans/dimension stuff, I could see him growing up in a bad dimension and turn into homeless emperor.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

Has anything happened yet or has it been two more years of nothing but redraws

Monster association is over, there was a fubuki and her sister arc, now it's something new

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Onepunch-Man - Has he gone delinquent??

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://mangadex.org/chapter/aa7118ac-4496-4bdc-b098-f7ed1bb02132

New vs is out

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
No psychic powers, but the disguises obviously failed.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder why new humanity is so cavalier about their people getting killed. Cloning tech, maybe? Or are they just sociopathic emough that they don't care?

They sure can mulch a giant, though. I guess they're a race of JRPG villains, from their dress sense to their capabilities to their attitude.

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 27, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I like that the giant's thing is to just beat their chests, get the blood pumping and do even more Violence, keeps them utterly simple as an enemy

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
That was pretty gruesome. Very neat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stuff is definitely happening at last!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like New Humanity neatly queuing up to fight the giants.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Fully sick honestly. Lets go Alio.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Neo Humanity: Look Fire, Carry a Shiv

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Jerkface posted:

Fully sick honestly. Lets go Alio.

I think it'd be cool if we found out the heroes from each dimension are also decent foils for other monsters.

I also think it would be very funny to see Alio immediately jobbed to preserve the core premise of the story instead.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Are they some sort of hivemind? It's weird how they seem to move in unison

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SpacePig posted:

I think it'd be cool if we found out the heroes from each dimension are also decent foils for other monsters.

I also think it would be very funny to see Alio immediately jobbed to preserve the core premise of the story instead.

Kinda hoping for option 2, tbh

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Kinda hoping for option 2, tbh

I hope so too. It makes the sudden deaths of the rest of the team more meaningful if he doesn’t have plot armor. But I don’t know if we can sustain the story if it cycles around a new character being introduced, made sympathetic, then suddenly dying. But as I’ve said before I trust ONE to execute this well.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Apocron posted:

I hope so too. It makes the sudden deaths of the rest of the team more meaningful if he doesn’t have plot armor. But I don’t know if we can sustain the story if it cycles around a new character being introduced, made sympathetic, then suddenly dying. But as I’ve said before I trust ONE to execute this well.

He could get jobbed but still survive to mount another futile last stand, but its hard to see how he'd get an opportunity to escape here. Either way, despite the posturing of new humanity, they might not have things as under control as they assume. The gambit might have worked, which would move the plot forward.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

he's gonna get punched really far into the air by a giant and conveniently fly over to where the base is and/or the magic chick casts a spell for him to escape with her dying breath (cuz neo-humans dont understand magic)

I do enjoy how nonplussed neo-humanity is about this entire situation though, even absent the giants. just hanging out grilling after being transported through dimensions

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really dug the reveal that the whole "let's pick really attractive and fit people who wear the same costumes to slip in unnoticed" plot was doomed from the start because Neo-Humanity could immediately smell they were different and just all collectively decided it would be amusing to see what the dummies were up to.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
This whole plan could have been singlehandedly and safely pulled off by that one dude with the jetpack, if only he didn't decide to fly right into the giants like an idiot

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Neo Humanity seems cool. Like yeah they hate old humanity but who doesn’t?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Devils Affricate posted:

This whole plan could have been singlehandedly and safely pulled off by that one dude with the jetpack, if only he didn't decide to fly right into the giants like an idiot

"hey assholes, bet you can't catch me!" does seem like a much better idea, given the results

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Maybe should've put on some deodorant or something.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
All those meetings, and the team was apparently not briefed about how Neo Humanity behaves and fights...

Loved the chapter, just to be clear!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Bucswabe posted:

All those meetings, and the team was apparently not briefed about how Neo Humanity behaves and fights...

given how the non neo-humans seem to mostly just be prisoners in jiggsaw puzzles, im not sure how much beyond "they're incredible sadists who are superhuman" they even know

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
GOLDEN STORM!!!

*colors page blue*

I am a fan of them rock-paper-scissoring the different enemies together and having them come up like the VS screen in a fighting game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestonJew posted:

"hey assholes, bet you can't catch me!" does seem like a much better idea, given the results

Hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Collapsing Farts posted:

Are they some sort of hivemind? It's weird how they seem to move in unison

If so this would explain why they treat themselves as so expendable.

Also, lol that they all seem to keep a knife on hand. You know, just in case.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

they may have no sense of self yet are each dripped the gently caress out

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I do want the various human factions to actually find some enemies they can fight well. What's the point otherwise with having so many different human factions if they all get dunked on by every type of monster?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bucswabe posted:

There's a theory that the girl in bandages is a neohuman in disguise just loving with the humans

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

I do want the various human factions to actually find some enemies they can fight well. What's the point otherwise with having so many different human factions if they all get dunked on by every type of monster?

I mean, the mad max guys seem like they wouldn't be that hard to overcome. Unless cars and guzzoline are extremely overpowered in this world

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

The crux of the manga is let's have a big old monster faction fight, but we also need to have a goodie faction to root for I guess but it's kinda hard to care when they're as disposable as A rank and below heroes but just plain dead and not in full body casts later.

I'm just assuming Alio is either gonna die or get messily sadismed for someone to find later, like maybe by that solider lady who liked him.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Caidin posted:

The crux of the manga is let's have a big old monster faction fight, but we also need to have a goodie faction to root for I guess but it's kinda hard to care when they're as disposable as A rank and below heroes but just plain dead and not in full body casts later.

I'm just assuming Alio is either gonna die or get messily sadismed for someone to find later, like maybe by that solider lady who liked him.

I'm not sure if having the monsters fight each other is the real solution. Cause here we see that even if their plan succeeds, they are still going to get crushed in the process. So all they are doing is just making things awkward or a little bit difficult for their natural enemies but they aren't actually improving their own situation. Even if just one natural enemy remains at the end, that's enough to completely doom all of humanity. Assuming there's any humanity left by that point.

Also yeah I think it's more likely than not that Alio just gets chumped here. Though I hope something else happens cause it's pretty bleak to just kill everyone off like this and it's also getting pretty repetitive at this point.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Thats the thing though. The humans barely have any characters as it is, the ones they bring out are mostly killed without ceremony because everything is 2 expansions and a patch outside their level curve, it's hard to care if the plan actually works since the draw is supposed to be JRPG demons vs killer robots vs attack on titans vs a tsunami or something. Giants fighting emotionally dead superhuman mall kids was great, cutting back to Alio and friend to watch them get hosed is a retreaded drag.

Just cut the humans already and get on with the good bits.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Terror Sweat posted:

I mean, the mad max guys seem like they wouldn't be that hard to overcome. Unless cars and guzzoline are extremely overpowered in this world

It is either a Mad Max world or a Fist of the North Star world and one of them is infinitely more dangerous than the other.

As for humanity winning against one of its Natural Enemies, it's been shown again and again that Mankind's Natural Enemies are things that no human can defeat, even those of other worlds. They might score small victories over weaker and isolated enemies, but overall they simply can't win against the entire force.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

honestly im just waiting to see how they (try to) pit the more intangible forces against each other, like poison vs madgod

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like that it's a slow burn, and it's really taking care to establish its premise by swerving away hard from simple framings of the scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Terror Sweat posted:

They might have Fist of the North Star style bad guys around.