Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

BG3 being in standby at least gives me an opportunity to keep grinding away at ishin and boy is there a lot to grind if you're shooting for 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jon Irenicus posted:

it was interesting watching Bethesda age from their problematic absentee father dynamic (Fallout 3) to their resentment of their children (Fallout 4) so I wonder what the head writers have in store this time around. Grandpa's rights???

Yes please

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

BG3 being in standby at least gives me an opportunity to keep grinding away at ishin and boy is there a lot to grind if you're shooting for 100%

i platinumed ishin last week and it didn't end up being as bad as i thought

still very bad though

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I wonder if it would be possible to make monster abilities usable. I also want the ability to do drop kicks

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

DrManiac posted:

I wonder if it would be possible to make monster abilities usable in baldur's gate 3. I also want the ability to do drop kicks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

finally your cohort will get representation

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Zokari posted:

i platinumed ishin last week and it didn't end up being as bad as i thought

still very bad though

it's not nearly as painful as say, the coliseum in y5 or the vr missions in y3, just really time consuming for the most part

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

having played through every game on the series now I can easily say the y5 coliseum was the worst thing to complete god drat

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it's weird that they clearly recognized that akiyama and the other guy weren't good enough to handle the coliseum in 4 but then just forced them to do it in 5 despite still being way weaker than kiryu and saejima

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

indigi posted:

wow it sounds like you are A loving Mark then you big dumb rear end bitch (jk)

I am a mark. if I ever have a spare $300-400 I’m going to buy the expansions for it that I never got. also half my collection is made of of Arkham files games.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Zokari posted:

it's weird that they clearly recognized that akiyama and the other guy weren't good enough to handle the coliseum in 4 but then just forced them to do it in 5 despite still being way weaker than kiryu and saejima

100 man fight with akiyama was the most stressed a game has made me in years

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

Tavern Brawler Monk is good, great damage output.

i'm hesitant to use it because it kinda needs armor to make up for using str instead of dex and a monk with armor is just Wrong

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

every board game group needs one person who just inherently understands game rules and can easily communicate them. idk how this ability is acquired because I certainly don't have it, at least the second part, but it exists

Eventually you play enough games that you just understand all the mechanics that board games use. Then someone says "it's a trick taking engine builder" and you know 90% of the rules without opening a book. Once you hit that point you're good to start explaining rules to other people.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you can only get a Deck from steam dot com?? wtf I don't want to pay tax on this bullshit

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

shinada in y5 is actually very good he's just a really late bloomer and focusing on his weapon abilities is a trick he's a wrasslin' man

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yinlock posted:

i'm hesitant to use it because it kinda needs armor to make up for using str instead of dex and a monk with armor is just Wrong

Just get the 18 dexterity gloves from the 2nd zone.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Tavern Brawler Monk is good, great damage output.

there's also some very good unarmed gloves you can get in the underdark I'm deffo doing a monk run at some point

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

Just get the 18 dexterity gloves from the 2nd zone.

but then you lose out on all the act 3 gloves that make monk even better

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

shinada in y5 is actually very good he's just a really late bloomer and focusing on his weapon abilities is a trick he's a wrasslin' man

i could never figure out a way to do decent damage with him but he has that "use heat to heal" move so every coliseum fight is trivial with him as long as you're cautious

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

but then you lose out on all the act 3 gloves that make monk even better

How do you lose out on them?

But besides that, you need to make it to act 3 first.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

How do you lose out on them?

But besides that, you need to make it to act 3 first.

you can only wear one set of gloves

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

RandolphCarter posted:

you can only wear one set of gloves

maybe if you're a bitch

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Eventually you play enough games that you just understand all the mechanics that board games use. Then someone says "it's a trick taking engine builder" and you know 90% of the rules without opening a book. Once you hit that point you're good to start explaining rules to other people.

no i'm at that point i'm just really bad at explaining games

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh, I mean, just, take them off, I think you can do that.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i always fixate on the wrong parts to explain, usually something that needs no explanation "okay we're each gonna have a piece, and this piece will be yours, so that means you're this little guy here, ok? so let's just get started and the rest should fall into place"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

indigi posted:

maybe if you're a bitch

:negative:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Zokari posted:

i could never figure out a way to do decent damage with him but he has that "use heat to heal" move so every coliseum fight is trivial with him as long as you're cautious

he has a gently caress ton of grappling capability and can lock any one foe the gently caress down the only coliseum thing I struggled at with him was the 100 man

shinada is what tanimura should have been

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zokari posted:

judo cop wasn't really bad, just tedious to use since his damage was kinda low overall

Gumball Gumption posted:

just tell me where it's from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyYexTcyY2A

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

shinada's ability to instantly go from a rush combo into a throw was brutal I think that just doesn't click with a lot of folks

e: plus multiple opportunities to chain heat actions which I think no other character can do in the whole series

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Aug 17, 2023

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

bg3 wants to be a ttrpg but it cannot. the guy hunting the vampire. I told him where my camp was. the plan is set up a Huge Ambush. instead? the vampire just dies (I assume, I didn't see it. I selected the option and instantly started combat WHEN my companions gave lines that made me think the ambush wasn't gonna happen)... THINK ABOUT THAT.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i always fixate on the wrong parts to explain, usually something that needs no explanation "okay we're each gonna have a piece, and this piece will be yours, so that means you're this little guy here, ok? so let's just get started and the rest should fall into place"

youtube is a good resource for finding concise instructional videos for most tabletop games

plus if its over 20 minutes u can decide to play a different game

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah BG3 isn't really a turn based game, since they have real time and turn based stuff happening at the same time.

Presumably because of multiplayer you can't have the entire world be forced into turn based mode.

So you can have a weird poo poo happen when several characters are taking their turns at the exact same time, and then you know, it's actually whichever animation is faster that matters.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Best part about monk is that fists count as bludgeoning weapons, so you can punch walls.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wait you can't fly ships in starfield? I thought that was the whole point

Also just fought our first god in bg3 and we dumpstered him in two rounds, all he accomplished was pushing an npc slightly. He absolutely couldn't deal with MJ and I got two natty twennies on him with my big hits

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Karlach hits level 5 and gets some kinda perk where I guess I can just attack as many times as I want every round and hell i'll take it

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

you can fly the ships in space, to dogfight stuff, but not on planet. No vehicles of any kind on the surface lol

cant believe ppl are hyped for Starfield

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i mean, gamers were hyped for Diablo 4, so i really shouldnt be too surprised

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

you can fly the ships in space, to dogfight stuff, but not on planet. No vehicles of any kind on the surface lol

cant believe ppl are hyped for Starfield

I woz gonna say so it's literally nms but you could fly the ships around the planet in that one, probably vehicles too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

In starfield you're flying ships in the lovely bethesda engine so you have a loading screen every few hundred feet