Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump's lawyers are allegedly asking him to cancel his bigly huge media event as he'll probably hang himself in the firm of gift-wrapping evidence to the prosecutors.

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1692140769241690330?t=JCDSeAtnPeAxsMa3DKNVOg&s=19

Perfectly normal climate system we got here.

*god slaps hood of earth* “You know how much heat this bad boy can hold? Hold my beer and watch this.” *Cat 6 Hurricanes become a thing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump's lawyers are allegedly asking him to cancel his bigly huge media event as he'll probably hang himself in the firm of gift-wrapping evidence to the prosecutors.

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1692140769241690330?t=JCDSeAtnPeAxsMa3DKNVOg&s=19

Prosecutors already set their DVR and assigned interns to take live notes.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Someone get The Rock a SAR chopper, it's about to get real.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

My wife's family is in Orange County. I doubt their infrastructure is prepared for that kind of storm.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

This map shoes a landfall in Mexico, not in California, lol.

I guess if you want to count Baja California as also California.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

California must have had some kinda of evidence that could implicate a Clinton

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Is it adrenocrone or adrenochrome?

Asking for a friend

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

has california in the name, dont it?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Is it adrenocrone or adrenochrome?

Asking for a friend

Adrenochrome is from children, the other is from old ladies.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

well gently caress

anyone want 20L of old lady essence?

giving it away cheap

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What in the world :catstare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCgoxQCf5Jg

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Is it a good real time OS?

*ron howard voice* it wasnt

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

The cone represents the 2/3rds most likely possible hurricane eye paths. So this does show a decent chance of the eye making landfall in California.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I can’t seem to find the original losethos (templeos’s original name) thread in yospos. He showed up, some people tried teaching some fundamentals of x86 system programming before he just started posting stuff from his speaking in tongues thing gif’d above and was perma’d when it got incredibly racist.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1692292432824610909

Fuckin' :perfect:.

Jenna Ellis is crowdfunding her defense:

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1692284496538722347

Also, Rudy is selling an apartment in Manhattan for $6.5M because he's out of cash. :laffo:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

I can’t seem to find the original losethos (templeos’s original name) thread in yospos. He showed up, some people tried teaching some fundamentals of x86 system programming before he just started posting stuff from his speaking in tongues thing gif’d above and was perma’d when it got incredibly racist.

Thread may be goldmined, it was certainly one for the ages.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1692310610946449838

Ahahahahahaha

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
gonna line‐item‐veto the trial date to move it to the two hundredth millennium

The Art of the Deal, folks. :smugdon:

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

hobbesmaster posted:

What's the deal with the MS-DOS style GUI? This dude sounds like a programming version of the timecube dude.

Jimmy Smuts fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 18, 2023

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
He made it all from scratch

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jimmy Smuts posted:

What's the deal with the MS-DOS style GUI? This dude sounds like a programming version of the timecube dude.

That's what he is.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jimmy Smuts posted:

That’s a fair description. The DOS stuff is because he was treating modern x86-64 CPUs as if it was 1980 and using BIOS VESA calls only (VBE). I assume he must’ve gotten the cpu out of real mode but I’m not certain.

For those that aren’t computer systems people this is like kinda like never taking a car out of first. Except first is a crawler gear, so maybe really it’s more like only using the starter

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hobbesmaster posted:

That’s a fair description. The DOS stuff is because he was treating modern x86-64 CPUs as if it was 1980 and using BIOS VESA calls only (VBE).

Dare I ask “why?”

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

A shitload easier I’d imagine. Walk before run etc.

E: The original 8088 instruction set made sense to the point that you could hold the manual in a shirt pocket. Then poo poo got added on to the point that AMD got their own 64-bit poo poo pasted onto the instruction set.

Itanium was a bad idea on a marketing level but a standard instruction length wasn’t a horrible idea.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 18, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Programming seems deranged to me in general but this guy is something else. I can't stress how weird this is as someone who doesn't dabble in the dark arts

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The guy behind TempleOS was deeply mentally ill.

quote:

Davis was initially diagnosed with bipolar disorder and later declared to have schizophrenia. Afterward, he felt "guilty for being such a technology-advocate atheist" and sought to emulate Jesus by giving away all his possessions and living a nomadic lifestyle.[5] In July 1996, he returned to Arizona and started formulating plans for a new business. He designed a three-axis milling machine, as he recalled having 3D printing in mind as an obvious pursuit. An incident involving a Dremel tool nearly set his apartment on fire, which caused him to abandon the idea.[5] He subsequently lived with his parents in Las Vegas and collected Social Security disability payments.[2][5][nb 1]

After 2003, Davis' hospitalizations became less frequent.[5] His schizophrenia still affected his communication skills, and his online comments were usually incomprehensible. However, he was reported as "always lucid" if the topic was about computers.[2] Vice noted that, in 2012, he had a productive conversation with the contributors at MetaFilter, where his work was introduced as "an operating system written by a schizophrenic programmer".

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I was trying to see if the text "God says..." made any sense but I think I'm gonna stop reading it. You can keep your secrets.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

god = rand()
gods_word = words[god % gods_microwave_limit]

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

IIRC it’s randomly picking from words in the Bible. He thought it was some kind of oracle that could be studied or something? He explained it in the original YOSPOS thread, it’s all pretty wild.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Platystemon posted:

Dare I ask “why?”

This goes back to the severe untreated mental illness thing. Many who started learning to program in the mid-90s with the late 80s/early 90s Borland books on our dads' bookshelves (I'm not the only one, right?) or grew up playing DOS games remember the DOS way of doing things nostalgically (with some serious rose colored glasses). This guy took it to the absolute extreme and declared that modern x86 architecture features went directly against God's will.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Not saying dude wasn’t mentally ill but 286/DOS is the last point where you could reasonably keep all the instructions/interrupts in your head. Making your own DOS with preemptive scheduling isn’t a horrible idea for a hobby OS.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

Thread may be goldmined, it was certainly one for the ages.

Thread was actually gassed not goldmined, here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3434374

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Discussion Quorum posted:

modern x86 architecture features went directly against God's will.

Having done x86 reverse engineering I can attend that this isn't wrong.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

Thread was actually gassed not goldmined, here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3434374

There was an earlier thread that was from someone else saying “wtf is this weird thing” and he showed up a few pages in. I think someone did blindly buy them an account but I’m not certain. IIRC he created that thread (I think he might’ve even spammed them?) after that initial thread was locked.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

There was an earlier thread that was from someone else saying “wtf is this weird thing” and he showed up a few pages in. I think someone did blindly buy them an account but I’m not certain. IIRC he created that thread (I think he might’ve even spammed them?) after that initial thread was locked.

Is this it? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3425111

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yes! It’s a very fun thread and probably should’ve been goldmined. It starts with a “tour” of the OS (almost like a let’s play) and then gets wilder.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1692230938288115835?t=nzPGSkZfQPec1Rqoc8L49A&s=19

What in the...?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

yeah I have no idea there is absolutely no analogy for Trump anywhere in the dragonball canon. Even Frieza became a team player by the end of Super.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I'm pretty sure everyone's posting the stupidest poo poo they can because any engagement gets them more money from Elon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
given the way twitter's "revenue sharing" works with posters there's absolutely no reason not to post the most asinine, inflammatory bullshit you can. you'll never get suspended and every eyeball is another fraction of a penny