Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Linus posted:

They aren’t consistent with our internal processes.

"We would never ask you to go to your abuser, instead you should go to my wife so I can ignore her when she brings it up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Isn't James married...? I vaguely remember him having a partner

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

That's fine, you're not getting a warranty anyway.

I'll just trust you.

kalleth
Jan 28, 2006

C'mon, just give it a shot
Fun Shoe
Interesting like:

(THE NUMBERS, MASON!!!)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ignis posted:

that has never, ever stopped sex creeps if james is one

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Can anyone find the full statement from this week of Linus denying Madison's accounts "to his recollection" or whatever? Now that there are 3 rock solid accounts*** corroborating that she absolutely was was making those complaints at the time and he 100% knew about it and is caught lying, I just want to read it again so I can get mad

*emily young, current lmg staff
*colin (??), former lmg staff
*leaked vid of the meeting linus talking about a staff departure & harassment protocols (I still can't get over the company policy of "pls take up your sexual harassment grievance with that individual first", I've never heard of that anywhere in my career)

This interview? A masterclass in weasle-wording and suspiciously specific denials.

The Verge posted:

We reached out to Sebastian about these latest accusations, and he responded via email, saying:

I was in a state of shock reading through these allegations, plain and simple. They aren’t consistent with my recollections. They aren’t consistent with our internal processes. They aren’t consistent with our company values.

We pride ourselves on maintaining a safe and inclusive environment. In addition to our existing report systems (both anonymous and otherwise) we’ve proactively reached out internally today to encourage members of our team to report any workplace bullying or harassment they might be experiencing so we can take quick and decisive action.

Our HR team will be conducting a more thorough assessment of the allegations, and when we are ready, we will release a more complete statement. For now I would ask that we allow our team the time they need be as thorough as possible.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

kalleth posted:

Interesting like:

(THE NUMBERS, MASON!!!)

Alex always seemed like a good dude, im hoping he was not part of the boys club, he just seemed like a quiet guy who wanted to use a buzzsaw and build cool poo poo.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Also thanks all, thats the one. I was checking Dexerto not Verge :tipshat:

edit:

Ignis posted:

Anthony Burch was a perfect example of why this is never an eliminating factor. And he is still working in the industry to this day.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 17, 2023

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
lol the LTT channel is live streaming with chat in subscribers only mode

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Arivia posted:

that has never, ever stopped sex creeps if james is one

oh for sure, I was more thinking about the unnamed supervisor who suggested Madison to go on a date with James to sort out the ~sexual tension~

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

kalleth posted:

Interesting like:

(THE NUMBERS, MASON!!!)

:eyepop:

Well, that's an interesting tell. Maybe we can just have a new channel with Alex, Emily and Mac Address Jonathan.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Haven't they been "live streaming" old videos as a kind of weird TV syndication callback for a while now?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

power crystals posted:

Haven't they been "live streaming" old videos as a kind of weird TV syndication callback for a while now?

Yes, and it was alluded to it being part of YouTube trying to bootstrap a FAST channel offering a la PlutoTV by leveraging creators with large backlogs of content into 24/7 channels. There's already precedent for it for some of the game play channels on Pluto.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ignis posted:

oh for sure, I was more thinking about the unnamed supervisor who suggested Madison to go on a date with James to sort out the ~sexual tension~

did she say it was James?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

power crystals posted:

Yeah, but I hadn't seen it at all during the last few days when I checked in on updates and it seems like I'm not the only one according to the chat. I guess the algo pushed it wayyy down before it re-emerged as if it was something they just put up. It says that it's been on since July 7th so :shrug:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

Conjecture and dot connecting. James is/was writing lead or whatever and Madison calls out that or a similar position.

e. also redditors dug up his tweets about Jordan Peterson and lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ultraklystron posted:

Yes, and it was alluded to it being part of YouTube trying to bootstrap a FAST channel offering a la PlutoTV by leveraging creators with large backlogs of content into 24/7 channels. There's already precedent for it for some of the game play channels on Pluto.

i dunno what that means but as someone who's subscribed to youtube premium if they would just get out of the way of demonetizing or doing lovely things to creators who dare to mention true crime stuff and instead just had a 24/7 channel of spooky stories not cut up to hell i'd fall asleep to that so, so goddamn much.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Alberto Gonzalez’s legacy of “I do not recall”

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
So what are the chances that the company is panic combing through or nuked their media/audio files during Madison's time for any snippets or hints at misconduct?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Jeff Fatwood posted:

"We would never ask you to go to your abuser, instead you should go to my wife so I can ignore her when she brings it up."

But in that recorded call Linus did say to bring it up first with the abuser directly, which I find absurd.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Honestly, that bit all but confirmed it for me. Hard to say you're shocked when your wife IS HR. Whether or not the allegations are true, if any of this was reported at all he's already lying about them after having already been caught in multiple lies in the past few days.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Harminoff posted:

But in that recorded call Linus did say to bring it up first with the abuser directly, which I find absurd.

Yup, there really are no charitable explanations to what he has been doing this whole time when it comes to handling any misconduct over the years.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Arivia posted:

i dunno what that means but as someone who's subscribed to youtube premium if they would just get out of the way of demonetizing or doing lovely things to creators who dare to mention true crime stuff and instead just had a 24/7 channel of spooky stories not cut up to hell i'd fall asleep to that so, so goddamn much.

Basically YouTube appears to be trying make or compete with free, 24/7 streaming services like this:

https://pluto.tv/

By having YouTube's biggest creators choose their favorite content to loop in like a TV channel such as LTT is doing right now. I wonder if this will give YouTube pause about that.

Aside, on the endless spooky stories note, Pluto does run a Unsolved Mysteries channel:
US: https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/unsolved-mysteries
Canada: https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/unsolved-mysteries-ca

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Jeff Fatwood posted:

So what are the chances that the company is panic combing through or nuked their media/audio files during Madison's time for any snippets or hints at misconduct?

Stasi Records Archive grade, plumes of smoke seen from space.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man I watched so much Unsolved Mysteries as a kid the theme song is burned into my mind. Sunday evening watching in the den!

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

VostokProgram posted:

No, it's conjecture and we're kinda doing the thing where we're trying to guess who's the problem in the Madison report.

It might be multiple people, it might be James' inaction etc. But there's something :catstare: about that guy.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Man all these Linus stans asking for evidence of sexual assault must have been sleeping through the whole me too movement and the national conversation around sexual harassment in the workplace.

What's that? Im hearing they don't care? Wow...

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ultraklystron posted:

Basically YouTube appears to be trying make or compete with free, 24/7 streaming services like this:

https://pluto.tv/

By having YouTube's biggest creators choose their favorite content to loop in like a TV channel such as LTT is doing right now. I wonder if this will give YouTube pause about that.

Aside, on the endless spooky stories note, Pluto does run a Unsolved Mysteries channel:
US: https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/unsolved-mysteries
Canada: https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/unsolved-mysteries-ca

gently caress i was basically still subscribed to amazon prime just for unsolved mysteries! thank you!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Jeff Fatwood posted:

That'd probably require that Linus actually believe that they did something wrong, instead of just being a victim of "cancel culture".

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Harminoff posted:

The meeting recorded was framed as policy for any dispute between employees not specifically SA/harassment. And Linus said that said if they don't feel comfortable doing that, go to HR.

And that's part of the problem with that talking-to he gave. It wasn't directly addressing what happened and trying to fix it. He was just reading the employee handbook to them. If you read/listen to that with the context of what Madison went through, it sounds (and is) way worse.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

my mom was on an episode of unsolved mysteries as a witness interview for a murder victim and even had an actress play her in one of their recreations taking place in the 70s :c00l:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

SourKraut posted:

That'd probably require that Linus actually believe that they did something wrong, instead of just being a victim of "cancel culture".

The 3rd party investigation is just James taking a fire axe to the server rack.

"We lost our data again... AGAIN" video is uploaded.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Well, that's a way to be as assured as possible of having a friendly, sympathetic audience.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SlowBloke posted:

Stasi Records Archive grade, plumes of smoke seen from space.

Linus even has a rock-solid alibi, the normal condition of their servers and backup systems is to be on fire.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

slidebite posted:

Well, that's a way to be as assured as possible of having a friendly, sympathetic audience.

Even with that I've seen a lot of critique as I've peaked in on the chat. Obviously as the subscriber count collapses, all that will be left are stans, but it's not completely toadies yet.

Arivia posted:

gently caress i was basically still subscribed to amazon prime just for unsolved mysteries! thank you!

Glad to help. FAST (Free Ad-supported Streaming Television) services like Pluto are still kind of a new thing, but as I hate paying for cable and streaming, they're sure nice to have.

kalleth
Jan 28, 2006

C'mon, just give it a shot
Fun Shoe

apatheticman posted:

Man all these Linus stans asking for evidence of sexual assault must have been sleeping through the whole me too movement and the national conversation around sexual harassment in the workplace.

What's that? Im hearing they don't care? Wow...

yeah i'm trying not to get mad at people on the ltt forums but i figure someone has to try and counter the hatred so people aren't all "oh look everyone says its fine she doesnt have receipts wHeReS tHe eViDEncE"

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
So my reading of this is Linus being too self centered and real world dumb to not see clear red flags. He's been living in a weird bubble for far too long.

Is he actively complicit or naive?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
drat, I was about to ask about one of the LTT staffers whose name I didn't know, but always struck me as an out loud rear end in a top hat with creepy vibes. Then I see everyone here talking about James, and I look up his photo, and yep, that's the guy I was thinking of!

KlavierVogel
Feb 27, 2004

[] an old crow spoke to me [] busted leg limped down the street [] said we're both tied to our own trees [] cut me loose, cut me loose []

Vic posted:

No, it's conjecture and we're kinda doing the thing where we're trying to guess who's the problem in the Madison report.

It might be multiple people, it might be James' inaction etc. But there's something :catstare: about that guy.

Personally I'm betting on Jake being the "date me" guy - he's the one who gives me serious jerk/creep vibes. Like you said though, this is purely a ~*ViBeS*~ thing and nothing at all based in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Vic posted:

So my reading of this is Linus being too self centered and real world dumb to not see clear red flags. He's been living in a weird bubble for far too long.

Is he actively complicit or naive?

If you are in charge, and you put your name in the company, and you put your spouse in charge of things, and you are famous for micro-managing at any time you feel, those are the same thing.