Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

big boi posted:

The RaroVideo release of The Conformist looks great, fwiw.

https://kinolorber.com/film/theconformist

The 4k version is doing the rounds, so that's a lock eventually. I don't know what version I saw projected on one of its theatrical runs years ago, but that movie is gorgeous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I've only ever seen The Conformist on DVD and it looked fantastic even then, so I imagine a UHD being stunning.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Terror Vision's announcements today:

All Jacked Up and Full of Worms
America's Deadliest Home Video

and at Fantastic Fest they'll be premiering a 4K restoration of The Jar

https://twitter.com/BradFHenderson/status/1691484545084796928

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

All Jacked Up and Full of Worms doesnt live up to its title in any regard. I expected more from such an evocative title that is right up there with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The House of the Devil. Make my imagination run wild, but then deliver such a mid project. shame.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

dorium posted:

All Jacked Up and Full of Worms doesnt live up to its title in any regard. I expected more from such an evocative title that is right up there with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The House of the Devil. Make my imagination run wild, but then deliver such a mid project. shame.

The entire movie should have been this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMWipktJPgM

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chris James 2 posted:

and at Fantastic Fest they'll be premiering a 4K restoration of The Jar

https://twitter.com/BradFHenderson/status/1691484545084796928

I'll get my acetone ready

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Criterion's 4K output this year has been incredible. I'm in for Mean Streets and Days of Heaven. I'd get The Last Picture Show if I didn't already have Columbia Classics V3 (and the BBS box).

By the way, it seems like Criterion's next big box will be a likely complete set of (surviving) Yasujiro Ozu films. Spine #1200 should come out in December, he was born and died on December 12, December 12 this year is a Tuesday, and it'll be his 120th birthday.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Egbert Souse posted:

By the way, it seems like Criterion's next big box will be a likely complete set of (surviving) Yasujiro Ozu films. Spine #1200 should come out in December, he was born and died on December 12, December 12 this year is a Tuesday, and it'll be his 120th birthday.

Jesus Christ

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Egbert Souse posted:

Criterion's 4K output this year has been incredible. I'm in for Mean Streets and Days of Heaven. I'd get The Last Picture Show if I didn't already have Columbia Classics V3 (and the BBS box).

just blu-ray? or will it be a mixed UHD/Blu-Ray thing?

Guess I better start saving my pennies.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

dorium posted:

just blu-ray? or will it be a mixed UHD/Blu-Ray thing?

Guess I better start saving my pennies.

There's no actual information, I'm just pointing out the coincidences, but there were a lot of theatrical screenings this year (and still going) and there's new discs in other regions.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Egbert Souse posted:

Jesus isn’t that ~50ish movies?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/cerealmidnight/status/1691450638654464000?s=46&t=wbUf_u7uOvtvxKOmB6dAHQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

omgggg

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dorium posted:

I thought it was good, and very weird

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I've been struggling watching Shout Factory releases of his stuff. I couldn't promise that any of them have captions, and watching Starcrash last night was an adventure in wildly inconsistent audio levels.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Big Mac posted:

I've been struggling watching Shout Factory releases of his stuff. I couldn't promise that any of them have captions, and watching Starcrash last night was an adventure in wildly inconsistent audio levels.

Shout’s Jackie Chan set has some issues. There’s a few typos in the subtitles (water fleas are not the same as water flees). They got the aspect ratio listed incorrectly on a couple. And the first lucky stars film defaults to Mandarin audio.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1691863854580646043?s=20

Cone of Silence
Suspect
The Man Who Finally Died
Bloodsuckers (restored extended version)
Tender Dracula (director’s cut)
6 episodes of Sherlock Holmes
A book

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Assuming without looking into it that Tender Dracula is a romance film where Cushing and Lee fall in love after Cushing misses the initial stake placement.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Severin needs to ship my four 4ks I bought months ago instead of announcing new titles and pop-up shops like they've been doing on social media. Also, day one purchase for that set.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

Assuming without looking into it that Tender Dracula is a romance film where Cushing and Lee fall in love after Cushing misses the initial stake placement.

"Curses I missed your foul heart!"

"No..... You struck it true."

*kisses*

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ultraviolence123 posted:

Severin needs to ship my four 4ks I bought months ago instead of announcing new titles and pop-up shops like they've been doing on social media. Also, day one purchase for that set.

Add 6 blu rays to that list too

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Chris James 2 posted:

Holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1691863854580646043?s=20

Cone of Silence
Suspect
The Man Who Finally Died
Bloodsuckers (restored extended version)
Tender Dracula (director’s cut)
6 episodes of Sherlock Holmes
A book

Damnit I really don’t want to deal with Severin again, but this is basically tailor-made for me.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I don't know how many UK posters we have in here, but the BFI store has a 3-for-£20 offer on select BFI releases (which normally retail for £17 each), which means instead of spending £255 on 15 films I've only spent £85 (which does include my BFI membership discount). I do need to broaden my cinematic horizons, especially with films made pre-1980s so I've got a good selection, from Cassavetes, to Bresson, to Truffaut, to Battleship Potemkin.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Jesus isn’t that ~50ish movies?

Per Wikipedia, he has 33 surviving features plus some shorts and fragments. Looking at runtimes, they could probably fit everything onto about 20 discs - Bergman was 30, Varda and Fellini are 15.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Carpet posted:

I don't know how many UK posters we have in here, but the BFI store has a 3-for-£20 offer on select BFI releases (which normally retail for £17 each), which means instead of spending £255 on 15 films I've only spent £85 (which does include my BFI membership discount). I do need to broaden my cinematic horizons, especially with films made pre-1980s so I've got a good selection, from Cassavetes, to Bresson, to Truffaut, to Battleship Potemkin.

I'm upset all the Greenaway stuff is sold out, I waited too long after getting the email :(

Preordered the Pusher trilogy box from Umbrella, and also ordered a few kaiju flicks from SRS. I love getting tax money back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lol holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1692049252707368991?s=20

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Nice, Prey is getting a physical release at the beginning of October, including a Best Buy 4K steelbook.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Hell yea! That was one I wasn't sure we'd ever get a physical of.

Link with some info: https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/081723-0700

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Any rumours of further US/UK Godzilla releases? I know the rights are a mess but I'd love a follow-up to the Showa boxset with the next set of films.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Dragonshirt posted:

Nice, Prey is getting a physical release at the beginning of October, including a Best Buy 4K steelbook.

ooooh fuckin finally. I was ready to pull the trigger on a bootleg too since I cancelled Hulu.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1692196628646478257

looks great

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Day 1’ing that. Also Blackhat got pushed to Halloween per my BBY preorder info.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Boywhiz88 posted:

Day 1’ing that. Also Blackhat got pushed to Halloween per my BBY preorder info.

Blackhat is pretty much a "I'll believe it when it's in my hands" release at this point, much like Heat was. It's been pushed back at least twice now, maybe three times?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/TheDiscFather/status/1691505210668249088?s=20
https://twitter.com/TheDiscFather/status/1691498020133883904?s=20

no UHD's anywhere to be seen.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Aw gently caress I love that Kill Bill case but I already have the Blu-Ray two-pack.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hell yeah Jackie Brown

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

def grabbing jackie brown, but a shame its not a UHD.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hell yes. Grabbing that Best Buy steelbook for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Are these different transfers from the previous releases or just new packaging?