Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Rescue Toaster posted:

I'm talking about over the next year when Trump keeps posting on truth social "Will no one rid me of this troublesome jury?" over and over and the judge hems and haws and frets and gives stern warnings and points out how sure he is Trump has learned his lesson this time. Prospective jurors are going to see these news stories and also see that absolutely nothing is being done about it.
This has never happened with Trump. It has never happened with any of Trump's associates. It's easy enough to misunderstand, and the Stone gag order I referenced upthread shows the journey - the sorts of gags begged for ITT are textbook prior restraint. They are presumed unconstitutional and permitted only to the extent they are the least restrictive means to accomplishing the government's goal. Stone was barred from using social media only after a series of less broad restrictions failed to curb his behavior. This is not because ABJ is a naive or soft judge (few would consider her lenient, especially regarding Trump), but because she recognized that jumping straight to that order would fail to withstand strict scrutiny.

To the extent that I take issue with the RICO indictments, it's that Willis erred on the side of inclusion in contrast with Smith's (arguably also errant) narrow scope. Much of the behavior indicted in GA is protected outside the context of the state's breathtakingly broad RICO statute, and many are arguably protected even as a part of the enterprise. It builds a broad story and makes number go up, but every legal victory for Trump - whether being found "not guilty" on a given count or getting it thrown out before it reaches a jury - gives another foothold to attack the legitimacy of all the investigations. Similarly, any gag order will have to survive SCOTUS review and when a too broad one is overturned he'll be able to justifiably (for the first time!) claim that these proceedings are trying silence him in violation of his rights.

All of which is to say that the slow expansion of gag orders is common in less fraught, less focused upon cases (even ones, like Stone, with heavily political elements and even more blatant misbehavior) and has little to do with lilylivered or pollyanna judges or the belief that this, finally, is infrastructure don't publicly gently caress with the proceedings week.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Is this a viable legal argument against potential gag orders at this point?
As has already been explained to you in this thread, yes.

NEBRASKA PRESS ASSN. et al. v. STUART, JUDGE, et al. posted:

we must examine the evidence before the trial judge when the order was entered to determine [...] (c) how effectively a restraining order would operate to prevent the threatened danger.
Keeping Trump from tweeting about the judge in his case is unlikely to prevent the woman out on bond for previously threatening public officials from threatening the judge in his case while she spends the day getting drunk and watching cable news. I imagine that if a gag order is ever entered, this case will feature in Trump's appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Madkal posted:

So would Trump ever plead the fifth or is he too proud and will have a Sideshow Bob "attempted murder" moment?
It would take the most incompetent legal team imaginable -- like, hundreds of time worse than the actual clowns he's already been reduced to -- to let the dumbfuck take the stand at all.

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Gambling addicts aren’t addicted to playing games they are actually addicted to losing, which is why they can’t walk away after wins. Winning feels wrong, losing triggers the endorphins.

Lots of people out there with similar problems.
Is that a weird metaphor or is it actual science? Because... that can't be right, can it? Gambling addicts are getting their highs from the wins and chasing the dragon, not being fed by the losses, surely?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

CapnAndy posted:

It would take the most incompetent legal team imaginable -- like, hundreds of time worse than the actual clowns he's already been reduced to -- to let the dumbfuck take the stand at all.

?

He actually has a constitutional right to speak in his own defense and defense attorneys can get in trouble for not allowing their clients to speak if they truly want to.

You have to tell them it's an awful idea but if they truly want to do it you can't stop them.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CapnAndy posted:

Is that a weird metaphor or is it actual science? Because... that can't be right, can it? Gambling addicts are getting their highs from the wins and chasing the dragon, not being fed by the losses, surely?

Yeah, it's the brain getting fixated on a variable rate reward schedule. Gamblers can't walk away with their winnings because they're addicted to the feeling of winning rather than possession of money from having previously won.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

He actually has a constitutional right to speak in his own defense and defense attorneys can get in trouble for not allowing their clients to speak if they truly want to.

You have to tell them it's an awful idea but if they truly want to do it you can't stop them.

And frankly, he has a story to tell, and its his right to get it out there! I think he should definitely take the stand and say his piece, anything else would be unpresidential.

Remember when Clinton was deposed?

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Jon posted:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/government-watchdog-says-secret-service-agents-deleted-jan-6-text-messages

You'd have to have your head pretty far in the sand or have a very immature and childish image of how the federal government works if you believe that all federal LEO will follow the letter or even intent of the law.

CSPAM is right over there sir/ma’am/other.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trumps-legal-advisers-urge-cancel-press-conference-refute/story?id=102336380

When are these lawyers getting fired for trying to stop the free speech of DONALD TRUMP explaining to all of us what’s actually going on.

Donald Trump’s Legal Team posted:

Oh no oh God no please stop talking stop stop stop talking and posting please we are begging you stop stop stop stop don’t say anything else

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

https://whywesuffer.com/problem-gamblers-are-addicted-to-losing/

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160721-the-buzz-that-keeps-people-gambling

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/compulsive-gambling/symptoms-causes/syc-20355178

The first time I heard this theory I also said “what the gently caress” but if you think about it it makes perfect sense- if winning is the goal you stop when you finally win because you feel satiated.

If you just get off on something at risk then the amount of the risk should not matter, you could bet pennies or fake tokens and get the same pleasure.

Problem gamblers are not satiated by winning. It just makes them gamble more.

One of the top things that pops up when you google “problem gambling” or “gambling addiction” is shitloads of people asking “why can’t I stop gambling when I win.”

It’s certainly not totally undisputed science but it is a serious theory with supporting evidence.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I missed the first time she surfaced as a topic (and did again apparently) but I had two questions about this for anyone with more of a lawyer background than my 0%.

quote:

Shry is charged with Transmission in Interstate or Foreign Commerce of any Communication Containing a Threat to Injure the Person of Another

Why does the charge sound so benign? It sounds like what I'd get if I left that message on my ex-girlfriend's phone. This is a direct threat to a federal judge meant to materially impact a major trial- like almost what someone in the mob would do. I'm surprised there isn't a "threatened to kill a judge" style charge. It just looks a little bit more clear on the rap sheet when she applies for work.

quote:

She is being held in detention pending trial, according to court documents, and a bond hearing has been set for September 13.

Is she just going to bond out in 4 weeks? My heart says anyone who does this for this particular trial (and oh, will there be more) should be held without bond and not see the light of day until the sentence is served- ideally after the trial. It would serve as a deterrent for people that don't want to also sit in a cage and wait until the trial is over. If she skips free it's just a message that this was NBD bro... girls will be girls.

My mind says a chudge in her home state is going to agitate for her immediate freedom with a $100 bond the moment its possible.

Which one is more accurate?

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Scags McDouglas posted:

Is she just going to bond out in 4 weeks? My heart says anyone who does this for this particular trial (and oh, will there be more) should be held without bond and not see the light of day until the sentence is served- ideally after the trial.

IANAL but as far as I know the courts are pretty lenient in general for crimes that aren't physically violent, and don't involve drugs, when it comes to handing out jail or prison sentences.

If she keeps it up then normally they start getting harsher and trying to throw the book at you for this stuff.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Scags McDouglas posted:

I missed the first time she surfaced as a topic (and did again apparently) but I had two questions about this for anyone with more of a lawyer background than my 0%.

Why does the charge sound so benign? It sounds like what I'd get if I left that message on my ex-girlfriend's phone. This is a direct threat to a federal judge meant to materially impact a major trial- like almost what someone in the mob would do. I'm surprised there isn't a "threatened to kill a judge" style charge. It just looks a little bit more clear on the rap sheet when she applies for work.

Is she just going to bond out in 4 weeks? My heart says anyone who does this for this particular trial (and oh, will there be more) should be held without bond and not see the light of day until the sentence is served- ideally after the trial. It would serve as a deterrent for people that don't want to also sit in a cage and wait until the trial is over. If she skips free it's just a message that this was NBD bro... girls will be girls.

My mind says a chudge in her home state is going to agitate for her immediate freedom with a $100 bond the moment its possible.

Which one is more accurate?

That's the federal crime she committed: threatening to injure people across state lines. Whether or not the name of the crime sounds scary enough isn't really the primary concern here.

The judge's detention order suggests it's extremely unlikely that she'll be allowed to bond out.

That first sentence is the key: the court feels that if she's released, she'll quickly reoffend, and that no reasonable release conditions will be able to prevent her from doing so. Moreover, her prior history of committing similar crimes, as well as the fact that she committed this act while out on bond after being charged for basically the same thing last month, highly weighs against her here. It looks like the only way she's getting out of jail before trial is with a ticket to a substance abuse program and a mental health appointment - and if she skips either one, she goes right back to jail.

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

CSPAM is right over there sir/ma’am/other.

That's not really a response to someone pointing out that it's a really goofy belief that the secret service would stop a crime that their detail committed. Do you think that SS agents following the children of politicians would enforce drug laws they saw violated, for instance? Of course not! To do so would compromise their actual job. Similarly, the idea of the secret service strong-arming their detail into going to a court appointment he chooses to miss is just a fantasy that's fundamentally divorced from reality.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

https://whywesuffer.com/problem-gamblers-are-addicted-to-losing/

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160721-the-buzz-that-keeps-people-gambling

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/compulsive-gambling/symptoms-causes/syc-20355178

The first time I heard this theory I also said “what the gently caress” but if you think about it it makes perfect sense- if winning is the goal you stop when you finally win because you feel satiated.

If you just get off on something at risk then the amount of the risk should not matter, you could bet pennies or fake tokens and get the same pleasure.

Problem gamblers are not satiated by winning. It just makes them gamble more.

One of the top things that pops up when you google “problem gambling” or “gambling addiction” is shitloads of people asking “why can’t I stop gambling when I win.”

It’s certainly not totally undisputed science but it is a serious theory with supporting evidence.

I think an important confounding factor is just the ability to keep going. If you win, you have more money to gamble with. If you lose all your money, you no longer have any to gamble and have to stop. I'm sure if someone came by and gave them their money back after they lost it all, they would just keep playing.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

IANAL but as far as I know the courts are pretty lenient in general for crimes that aren't physically violent, and don't involve drugs, when it comes to handing out jail or prison sentences.

Main Paineframe posted:

The judge's detention order suggests it's extremely unlikely that she'll be allowed to bond out.

Thanks guys, I know it's a complicated question. In this instance I choose to side with Main Paineframe, because he supplied the answer I want more.

Pretty funny seeing some of the fringe residual effects of the right-wing rage machine. Her Dad had to come to court and say she just sits at home all day drinking and getting more mad at the news until it boils over into phone calls. (lol)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
loving lmao, that's just her nightly ritual?

"Oh, Mee-Maw's pounding beers while watching the news until she gets revved up enough to start calling people up and making death threats, is it 7 pm already"

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

CapnAndy posted:

loving lmao, that's just her nightly ritual?

"Oh, Mee-Maw's pounding beers while watching the news until she gets revved up enough to start calling people up and making death threats, is it 7 pm already"

Yeah the fuckin fox news limbic juicing train just became this hypnotic ritual for so many older americans that it would promote absolute derangement of the very literal kind. it makes sense it would pair well with substance abuse of the more tangibly ingestible kind

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Jon posted:

That's not really a response to someone pointing out that it's a really goofy belief that the secret service would stop a crime that their detail committed. Do you think that SS agents following the children of politicians would enforce drug laws they saw violated, for instance? Of course not! To do so would compromise their actual job. Similarly, the idea of the secret service strong-arming their detail into going to a court appointment he chooses to miss is just a fantasy that's fundamentally divorced from reality.

What’s your source for “obviously Secret Service agents let protectees do all the criming they want”

What’s your source for “The Secret Service can just yell National Security or something and judges orders are void”

I have a strong suspicion it’s thriller movies.

Barron Trump buying a dime bag - nobody gives a poo poo, right.

Donald Trump fleeing to avoid prosecution on conspiracy charges - this is big boy stuff, you are setting your career on fire and exposing yourself to federal prison by aiding this.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

In fact one of the reasons he's gonna get bail in all his cases is that, as a dude surrounded by law enforcement at all times and with cameras tracking his every move, he is the exact opposite of a flight risk.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

TBH this seems like the kind of situation that the Secret Service has had some internal discussion about.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The only thing I imagine the Secret Service will do to stop him will be to prevent Trump from leaving the country now that he's the subject of 80+ felony counts. Outside that they're just going to do their normal duty.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

The only thing I imagine the Secret Service will do to stop him will be to prevent Trump from leaving the country now that he's the subject of 80+ felony counts. Outside that they're just going to do their normal duty.

I would imagine that if anything serious were up they'd call in the US Marshals to do any dirty work. They likely wouldn't do it themselves, but also aren't going to be passive bystanders.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

What’s your source for “obviously Secret Service agents let protectees do all the criming they want”

What’s your source for “The Secret Service can just yell National Security or something and judges orders are void”

Donald Trump fleeing to avoid prosecution on conspiracy charges - this is big boy stuff, you are setting your career on fire and exposing yourself to federal prison by aiding this.

I've also seen people apply that logic to weird-rear end things like "If Trump took a swing at Obama would their Secret Service details duke it out too?" Maybe it's video game thinking where the minions just go aggro along with the boss.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Its not like he can drive himself.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

The bush girls drank underage, Obama's daughter drank wine and smoked weed

It's not "all the criming they want" but I don't think they'd intervene if Barron tried to buy a dime because it's not worth the hassle

Otherwise I agree with your points, but it's not like we haven't seen SS detail let their protectees break the law in small ways, that's not just Hollywood writing room material.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I don't think the Secret Service will physically drag Trump to court, but I also don't see them helping him run either.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

... the Secret Service already assisted in committing crimes for Trump (according to the Department of Homeland Security inspector general). It was a whole thing for a while. It's part of why Biden doesn't trust them.
I shoulv'e been more specific.

This was all a very different beast when he was the president than it is now. If he had a bench warrant when he still had the big chair, I doubt they would. But he isn't anymore. He's just some dude who happened to have one of the most important jobs in the world because Americans just love racism that much.

But it won't matter. He's going to show up to court and this is all speculation.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I'm in LA where Scientologists had bought out the police so far that there was even a police station with a Scientology kiosk inside until people started bitching about it.
I find it difficult to believe that the secret service isnt half Trump cultists.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Well, if they are it will be a good opportunity to charge them with aiding and abetting suspect in the commission of a crime. Have fun not getting your pension.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump's not going to run, it would mean giving up so much that he loves and requires planning and forethought.
but, most of all, trump is never going to prison. it would 100% be against decorum to have a former president in prison. no one in government wants that. he might spend the rest of his life in courtrooms but he'll never go to prison so he has no reason to run

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Tenkaris posted:

The bush girls drank underage, Obama's daughter drank wine and smoked weed

It's not "all the criming they want" but I don't think they'd intervene if Barron tried to buy a dime because it's not worth the hassle

Otherwise I agree with your points, but it's not like we haven't seen SS detail let their protectees break the law in small ways, that's not just Hollywood writing room material.

I feel like watching the movie “First Kid” now.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

InsertPotPun posted:

trump's not going to run, it would mean giving up so much that he loves and requires planning and forethought.
but, most of all, trump is never going to prison. it would 100% be against decorum to have a former president in prison. no one in government wants that. he might spend the rest of his life in courtrooms but he'll never go to prison so he has no reason to run

I’d agree that that seems most likely, as of now.

But I don’t know what he’ll do during the trial or after the verdict, and he could do all sorts of hosed up poo poo that could change his sentencing.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Trump doesn't want the trial to happen until 2026

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1692308451270013237

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

InsertPotPun posted:

but, most of all, trump is never going to prison. it would 100% be against decorum to have a former president in prison. no one in government wants that.
Even granting that it'll be upon conviction that decorum will finally rise up and bend judges and prosecutors to its will (and ignoring the times that we've been told decorum'll ensure there's no special counsel and no grand jury and no indictment and no charges about behavior in office and no charges about behavior after office) - wouldn't decorum run in the opposite direction here? All the times former presidents gather (fundraisers, funerals, library openings) would be much more :decorum: with Trump unable to attend, and while none of the ~☆decorum☆~ crew will stomach disinviting him, seems odd they'd also actively work to thwart the courts from doing it for them :shrug:

In more Proud Boy filing news, Marcy Wheeler (national security/classified documents reporter who has been both involved in and tracking Trumpworld's legal jeopardy since before he took office) dove in to a couple of Nordean's codefendants sentencing thoughts. It's no "Penalty of the Bazaar" but is a lovely juxtaposition:
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1692297519659688176
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1692298875736879303

And we can all join Norm in agreeing how awful it is that these veterans who tried to overthrow the United States Government would lose their military pensions for doing so:
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1692302390785953896

Finally, I don't even have the words to mock this but cannot wait to see a version in Trump's sentencing memo:
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1692304068897632338

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Piell posted:

Trump doesn't want the trial to happen until 2026

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1692308451270013237

This is pretty normal, right? Doesn’t the defense council (assuming their client isn’t being detained) pretty much always ask for a crazy late date to give the prosecution more time to mess up and then they end up somewhere between what the defense and prosecution asked for?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I don't know about normal but it was of course widely expected that they would to ask to wait until after the election for... some reason that currently escapes me, hm.

Pretty rich that they want 2 1/2 years solely because that's how long it's been since Jan 6.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

edit: oh right the above is the DC case not georgia. anyways i googled how long georgia RICO cases have taken:

prior to the current Young Thug/YSL Rico trial (somehow more than six months into jury selection due to insane circumstances and drama), the longest trial in georgia history was the RICO case against atlanta public schools teachers for systematic cheating: 35 officials got indicted on 3/29/2013 and are ultimately convicted (mostly) on 4/1/2015

Young Thug and a few dozen others were indicted in May 2022 and jury selection began on 1/4/2023

these are big, complicated cases but, to be clear, they have requested a trial date farther from now than the entire start-to-finish process of prior massive RICO cases, even ones that famously dragged on a long time

eke out fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 18, 2023

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Tayter Swift posted:

I don't know about normal but it was of course widely expected that they would to ask to wait until after the election for... some reason that currently escapes me, hm.

The judge'll deny their request and the filing will then serve its purpose: allowing Trump and cable news talking heads to yell that it's proof that it's all about hurting his election odds, not justice.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

eke out posted:

i went and googled this to see how unreasonable it is

prior to the current Young Thug/YSL Rico trial (somehow more than six months into jury selection due to insane circumstances and drama), the longest trial in georgia history was the RICO case against atlanta public schools teachers for systematic cheating: 35 officials got indicted on 3/29/2013 and are ultimately convicted (mostly) on 4/1/2015

Young Thug and a few dozen others were indicted in May 2022 and jury selection began on 1/4/2023

these are big, complicated cases but, to be clear, they have requested a trial date farther from now than the entire start-to-finish process of prior massive RICO cases, even ones that famously dragged on a long time

I think this is the Federal trial, not Georgia. The note in the CourtListener docket just dropped but the PDF isn't on their site yet.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

I think this is the Federal trial, not Georgia. The note in the CourtListener docket just dropped but the PDF isn't on their site yet.

oh lol you're right i'd just assumed it was in response to Willis' "we'd like a trial seven months from now" filing we just saw recently

anyways, when he responds asking for a trial in georgia in like 2028 i will refer back to my above post

eke out fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 18, 2023

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Paracaidas posted:

Even granting that it'll be upon conviction that decorum will finally rise up and bend judges and prosecutors to its will (and ignoring the times that we've been told decorum'll ensure there's no special counsel and no grand jury and no indictment and no charges about behavior in office and no charges about behavior after office) - wouldn't decorum run in the opposite direction here? All the times former presidents gather (fundraisers, funerals, library openings) would be much more :decorum: with Trump unable to attend, and while none of the ~☆decorum☆~ crew will stomach disinviting him, seems odd they'd also actively work to thwart the courts from doing it for them :shrug:

In more Proud Boy filing news, Marcy Wheeler (national security/classified documents reporter who has been both involved in and tracking Trumpworld's legal jeopardy since before he took office) dove in to a couple of Nordean's codefendants sentencing thoughts. It's no "Penalty of the Bazaar" but is a lovely juxtaposition:

And we can all join Norm in agreeing how awful it is that these veterans who tried to overthrow the United States Government would lose their military pensions for doing so:

Lolling that these guy's lawyer is Norm Pattis, the same guy who got his license suspended in Connecticut while being Alex Jones' lawyer and was on the case that lost Jones a billion dollars. Good choice guys!

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Lolling that these guy's lawyer is Norm Pattis, the same guy who got his license suspended in Connecticut while being Alex Jones' lawyer and was on the case that lost Jones a billion dollars. Good choice guys!

This is their Perry Mason moment! :mmmsmug: