Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

What about if Jackie dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

lynch_69 posted:

Fred would play the inappropriate Gilbert laugh, then the inappropriate Jackie laugh.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

lynch_69 posted:

Slow, minor key calliope

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

YeahTubaMike posted:

Slow, minor key calliope

Oh drat.

You know Fred has that ready though.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

lynch_69 posted:

Sal could contact him in the afterlife, via trees and/or street dimes.

Rattlehead
Nov 20, 2004
Only dead fish go with the flow.
Meet your next senator from Florida.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/15/tan-mom-patricia-krentcil-running-for-us-senate-florida

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Looks like sal is moving to flore-da.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Is Howard still a New York resident or at this point does he spend enough time in Florida to switch and get the tax break?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Howard needs to start a Sanjaya-like campaign to help her beat Rick Scott in the Republican primary. Succeeding at that would be the best thing ever… And then, if she goes on to win in the general election, the real punchline is that she would probably be a less embarrassing senator than Rick Scott.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Isn't Rick Scott the guy who looks like a mix between Halloween skeleton and a shaved penis?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
They'll do a tribute to Robin and then I promise you Beth is right there in the chair reading the news.

You know I'm right.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raJHpvbUVvo

watched this the other day, first time ever hearing about this. the comments roasting howard are pretty funny.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Bonzo posted:

They'll do a tribute to Robin and then I promise you Beth is right there in the chair reading the news.

You know I'm right.

Beth didn't marry Howard Stern so she could get up early and work.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I would absolutely vote for Tan Mom over either of our incumbent senators.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bonzo posted:

You know I'm right.

They ain't doing the news anymore.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

poo poo, you beat me to it. I monitor some right wing radio talk shows (because I started a RWM thread and I hate myself) and one today was joking around about some crazy woman named "Tan Mom" who is running against Rick Scott and using it as an example of the loony left wing liberal thing.

I had to check on my lunch break if it was the same lady. Is this a current bit/gag from the show? I haven't listened to it in like 5 years.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Isn't Rick Scott the guy who looks like a mix between Halloween skeleton and a shaved penis?

Nosferatu or Bat Boy, basically, yes. He's also the shithead who defrauded Medicare out of millions of dollars and implemented widespread drug testing for the unemployed and welfare recipients in FLorida, where is wife just HAPPENS to own several hundred drug testing labs.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So Vice is doing a show on Shock Jocks. lol

https://www.vicetv.com/en_us/video/trl-last-request/64836adead6ee3031839c517

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I saw that. Mancow out of nowhere laying into Stern.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

MrMidnight posted:

Probably figured it was his last chance to be relevant.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrMidnight posted:

I posted this in the O&A thread but the Mancow stuff in this documentary is worth the price of admission. It's incredible content.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Worth it to see Tim Sabean in those weird aging-lesbian-style royal blue glasses frames.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I posted this in the O&A thread but the Mancow stuff in this documentary is worth the price of admission. It's incredible content.

Can I get a TL;DR? I don't have access to Vice.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sand Monster posted:

Can I get a TL;DR? I don't have access to Vice.

I don't want to ruin it for the rest of the thread so i'll spoiler tag it.

Him literally crying on camera about how mean Howard was to him

Being very upset that howard and O&A never tried to make up with him and therefore they are definitely going to hell

Telling a completely made up story about watching the super bowl with Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner.

I'm sure there are more that I can't remember too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
TIL that Mancow is named because of his extremely creepy habit of carrying a glove full of milk in his pants and then bukkakeing fans.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Worth it to see Tim Sabean in those weird aging-lesbian-style royal blue glasses frames.

He’s also the size of a house. Obviously he quit Robin’s green drink diet and went back to McDonalds after he left the show.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Two Kings posted:

He’s also the size of a house. Obviously he quit Robin’s green drink diet and went back to McDonalds after he left the show.

Or he stopped using the substance(s) that allegedly contributed to "Shitgate".

mcmagic posted:

I don't want to ruin it for the rest of the thread so i'll spoiler tag it.

Thanks for the summary.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Was Mancow the guy whose father died of cancer and Howard spent like an hour on the air ranting about how he was going to dig him up and have sex with his rotting corpse? It was definitely hosed up and went on an uncomfortably long time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, lol. Not quite as brutal as telling DeBella that his wife was going to divorce him (she did) then having her in the studio for a dial-a-date segment. She later killed herself. <jackie laugh>

Thanks for the rec on this show, Bonzo. Very interesting behind the scenes on a lot of that era.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The worst Howard stuff is A) DeBella B) How lovely he treats the people who work for him.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

He was pretty mean to Rosie O'Donnell too

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

He was pretty mean to Rosie O'Donnell too

I have a very hard time caring about millioniares insulting each other.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

The worst Howard stuff is A) DeBella B) How lovely he treats the people who work for him.

Uh excuse me but according to Howard, no one actually works for him (until he needs to yell at someone for loving up his hot water)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I had no idea who Debella is, and so I found this nice write-up about the time he went into Howard's studio.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm a little young to remember the DeBella. I didn't start listening to Howard until like 96-97 and that was after the DeBella stuff happened.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

You never read Private Parts?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

You never read Private Parts?

I did not. I only saw the movie, once.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I also was a big time stern listener and never read private parts or miss america. The movie is an all time classic though.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

It really sucks how pretty much every radio station in the country is owned by like, one of two corporations now, you'll never ever ever see anything like 90s Stern again. And not just the wild content, can you imagine your local morning crew going an hour without a commercial break? I'm pretty sure the show here (Free Beer and Hot Wings, ugh) literally has their show scripted down to the second every day.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

It’s amazing morning radio shows even exist anymore. Who doesn’t listen to a podcast or Spotify at this point driving to work?

Who is the highest paid terrestrial radio host at this point? Rush is dead so I can’t think or anyone who commands a huge, loyal audience on regular radio anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Two Kings posted:

It’s amazing morning radio shows even exist anymore. Who doesn’t listen to a podcast or Spotify at this point driving to work?

Who is the highest paid terrestrial radio host at this point? Rush is dead so I can’t think or anyone who commands a huge, loyal audience on regular radio anymore.

It has to be all sports talk guys at the top of the list, I know Jim Rome makes a goddamned fortune.
Sean Hannity also comes to mind, but I'm guessing his Fox News gig pays way more than his radio show.

Also AM radio is still INSANELY popular. I read a statistic once that said for every hour someone listens to a podcast, someone else listens to SIX HOURS of AM radio brain poison. There's actually a big push to not even include AM frequencies in newer car radios because it causes issues with electric cars. That would cripple the industry for sure.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 18, 2023