Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

https://youtu.be/RGxhve3D03c

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

goethe42 posted:

Äbbelwoi party

You know how they say:

A Bembel a day keeps rhe doctor away.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Fallenkarte aktiviert

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Gude?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Might be fake, seems unlikely that Bundeswehr would have TOP Zufriedenheit

e: or besonders freundlich
ee: or besonders zuverlässig

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

*Guude

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Bayern update, I guess

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
ab 30° wird zurück geschossen

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
She can look forward to being in a lebensreduziertes Dauergebiet soon. No kids playing on the Friedhof.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
yesterday at the edeka kasse I witnessed a man (buying one bottle of cheap alk) getting into a fight with the zoomer in front of him because he hadn't put a divider thingy on the belt after his groceries lol. feels like i finally found the holy grail of german culture

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

nawilo_420 posted:

yesterday at the edeka kasse I witnessed a man (buying one bottle of cheap alk) getting into a fight with the zoomer in front of him because he hadn't put a divider thingy on the belt after his groceries lol. feels like i finally found the holy grail of german culture

Why go to Edeka to buy cheap booze? That's weird. Unless it was specifically to argue with someone about the divider. Then it makes sense.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah, go buy your cheap booze at Alnatura loke a civilized person.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

REWE ist immer Gönnung

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, go buy your cheap booze at Alnatura loke a civilized person.

a bottle of your cheapest natural wine* please

*for those of you who have managed to escape the grasp of the natural wine hype till now: natural wines are tasteless byproducts of actual wines, and dumb tasteless bourgies are paying out of the rear end for them now. it's the most emperor's new clothes poo poo i have ever witnessed in my life.

prenzlauer berg is predictably full of natural wine bars lol

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Are they also buying Natursekt?

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

Are they also buying Natursekt?

It’s called Péet Nat.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Grappa has been a thing forever but I won’t call it tasteless

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

nawilo_420 posted:

a bottle of your cheapest natural wine* please

*for those of you who have managed to escape the grasp of the natural wine hype till now: natural wines are tasteless byproducts of actual wines, and dumb tasteless bourgies are paying out of the rear end for them now. it's the most emperor's new clothes poo poo i have ever witnessed in my life.

I actually never heard about that. Thanks?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

SpannerX posted:

Why go to Edeka to buy cheap booze? That's weird. Unless it was specifically to argue with someone about the divider. Then it makes sense.

"You see, I'm middle class, that's why I don't buy staff at ALDI like the proles."

*proceeds to buy the cheapest booze Edeka has on offer*

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Serendipitaet posted:

It’s called Péet Nat.

i had something to celebrate recently and ordered pet nat by mistake because it was listed under sekt lol. like apfelschorle with a shot of vodka

Zwille posted:

Grappa has been a thing forever but I won’t call it tasteless

i love grappa ❤️

gerne op!

Torrannor posted:

"You see, I'm middle class, that's why I don't buy staff at ALDI like the proles."

surely the cheapest edeka korn or whatever is about the same price as the one from aldi

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Torrannor posted:

I'm, I don't really know what I am right now, I guess MY WIFE'S boy toy right now, but I get Singleton or Laphroaig at Penny or Lidl when they have it. Joke's on them.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The Edeka near the Bremen Hauptbahnhof pretty obviously has two kinds of erwartete Kundschaft: Office workers and the homeless.

It's pretty magical when their shifts overlap and they stand an der Kasse together.

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 17, 2023

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Randler posted:

Ich war heute zum Ersten mal im Bonzen-Edeka bei der örtlichen SPD-Zentrale.

Ich habe mich leider nicht getraut eigene Bilder vom Innenraum zu machen (C&A bekleidet, deshalb eh verdächtig), aber es sieht aus wie die Luxusgüterläden im Flughafen nur halt mit Biolebensmitteln. Und das Verkaufspersonal trägt auch Uniformen, die wie Flugbegleiter aussehen (inkl. Halstuch).

Zur Mozarella-Bar und den vier Restaurants habe ich mich dann doch nicht getraut, weil ich fürchte als Normalsterblicher wäre ich aus dem Restaurantkeller nicht mehr lebend herausgekommen.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Do not listen to a Berliner with dutch Migrationshintergrund on wine, two regions absolutely famous for their wines. Natural wine is absolutely not a byproduct of "real wine", I am assuming some enterprising bougie spot made for FDP clientele came up with that explanation to sell their own equally minderwertige wine to the anti-greta crowd.

Natural wine can be horrible or can be great, just like regular wine. It can never be a byproduct of regular wine production though, unless the Winzer loves Etikettenschwindel. Being in Berlin it is probably easy to overpay for horrible natural wine, because Berlin. Another reason to live in a real part of Germany instead :toot:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Ich war heute zum Ersten mal im Bonzen-Edeka bei der örtlichen SPD-Zentrale.

Ich habe mich leider nicht getraut eigene Bilder vom Innenraum zu machen (C&A bekleidet, deshalb eh verdächtig), aber es sieht aus wie die Luxusgüterläden im Flughafen nur halt mit Biolebensmitteln. Und das Verkaufspersonal trägt auch Uniformen, die wie Flugbegleiter aussehen (inkl. Halstuch).

Zur Mozarella-Bar und den vier Restaurants habe ich mich dann doch nicht getraut, weil ich fürchte als Normalsterblicher wäre ich aus dem Restaurantkeller nicht mehr lebend herausgekommen.

That looks like a space station, no Edeka I've ever been to looked like that. I guess we got the Edekas for poor people, ha ha :allears:

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Randler posted:

(own quote)

Idgi. why do you quote yourself from 2019, and why shouöd that,matter?

If you want to make a point, maybe say some words. Thanks.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Why is Randler quoting his own post with a fish out of water story in an Edeka, right after someone talked about the oddly polarized demographic of office workers and unhoused people in an Edeka?

Are you feeling okay?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Badly Jester posted:

Why is Randler quoting his own post with a fish out of water story in an Edeka, right after someone talked about the oddly polarized demographic of office workers and unhoused people in an Edeka?

Truly a mystery.

Libluini posted:

That looks like a space station, no Edeka I've ever been to looked like that. I guess we got the Edekas for poor people, ha ha :allears:

We have two Edekas about 10 minutes from where I live (in opposite directions obviously), and one is noticeably more upscale than the other. They're also owned by different people. So maybe it's something to do with the neighborhoods they're in, or something to do with the owners. Or both.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
In conclusion, EDEKA is a land of contrasts.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Supergeil.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

The nearest Rewe to me is very much not Gönnung. Half of the fridges and freezers don't work and it's even money on any given day that at least one of the aisles is dark because the lights overhead somehow stopped working. The staff clearly all hate life and I have no idea how that place keeps trudging along the way it does besides having a great Innenstadt location.

The nearby Edeka is fine and clean but small and somehow super old-fashioned even by German standards (there's no Pfandautomat lol? and the customers seem to be overwhelmingly 65+).

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lol

I went to Germany on a school trip when I was 12 and I came back as a transgender communist with a purple hitler mustache. Only Trump can save us from this nightmare!

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 18, 2023

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

The nearest Rewe to me is very much not Gönnung. Half of the fridges and freezers don't work and it's even money on any given day that at least one of the aisles is dark because the lights overhead somehow stopped working. The staff clearly all hate life and I have no idea how that place keeps trudging along the way it does besides having a great Innenstadt location.

Huh, same here. Our Rewe around the corner is relatively well stocked but the lights by the beverage isle have been broken for a week now. First it was above 1 shelve now it's all 4 shelves in the dark.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Marode Infrastruktur going deeper than I thought

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Something that just got me, after listening to people talk about when they lost the belief in weird fantasy creatures handing out gifts on Christmas, when did you guys finally realize that there is no such thing as the Christmas Man?

Because hell, I suddenly had the sad realization that I spend my early childhood believing in some strange kayfabe instead, where you didn't say the truth because it would make other kids sad and the adults angry. (My mom traveled around a lot with me back then, and we often ended up with relatives or friends on Christmas, with people rushing to get me some emergency gift. And making sure I knew that they were the ones getting me those gifts, while telling me that no, it was really the Weihnachtsmann. My belief that lies are the foundation of civilization comes from that experience, I think.)

Anyway, I suddenly realized that I never had the chance to believe in the Weihnachtsmann, but what about you? When did you realize your parents where lying to you?

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

I got spoiled on Samichlaus at 7 or 8 I think, but I’m not sure if still believed it to be something… supernatural I guess? Before that.
Christkind I’m not sure, but I was the youngest.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my parents made sure we understood my dad worked long hours for those gifts

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

All my sons believe or pretend to believe in the Weihnachtsmann. We are making a lot of fuss about how he is able to sneak in past our watchful eyes each year. I'm pretty sure my eldest is only playing along for his brothers' sake, but we didn't have That Talk yet, so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mano posted:

I got spoiled on Samichlaus at 7 or 8 I think, but I’m not sure if still believed it to be something… supernatural I guess? Before that.
Christkind I’m not sure, but I was the youngest.

For added confusion, we have relatives across most of Western Germany, from Nienburg up in Niedersachsen down to Bonn. If you're a little kid getting dragged along, and you have people telling you in one year that gifts are delivered by a magic old man, and then next year by a magic flying baby, you'll really need to be fairly stupid and credulous even as a five-year old to not notice something suspicious is going on. But "luckily", all my relatives, as far back as I can form memories, were apparently of the "kids have no object permanence"-school of thought, so I had never even the chance to get duped.

For example, I remember one Christmas when relatives spend a day wrapping and hiding presents while I was looking on, and then later there was this very serious celebration where everyone got their gifts, and an older woman told me with a straight face about the Christkindle giving me this board game I had seen her wrapping.

In hindsight, no-one in our family really even tried. I think based on how we deal with other poo poo like religion, I can only conclude no-one ever believed in anything, we always did things solely based on tradition and a sense of duty.

Grendels Dad posted:

All my sons believe or pretend to believe in the Weihnachtsmann. We are making a lot of fuss about how he is able to sneak in past our watchful eyes each year. I'm pretty sure my eldest is only playing along for his brothers' sake, but we didn't have That Talk yet, so who knows.

I'm kind of torn on stuff like this. I'd really like to do this if I ever have kids, but with my family, that lie would work only until one of my relatives, even my own mother, is left alone with them for longer than 5 seconds. It would break their hearts for nothing.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

my parents made sure we understood my dad worked long hours for those gifts

Yeah, that's basically us. Just with some relatives who didn't get the memo, some who did but couldn't read it and some who were just plain confused mixed in. :v: