Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Hackers film 1995 posted:

thank you. that is helpful. but i was really hoping for a list of all “lost” videos including things like half in the bag eps and other things. i remember landis being on half in the bag (or was it an interview or something). i think its fun to watch jays contempt at max while mike fawns over him a bit.

edit
that botw list has the deandruuuh ep and the max landis ep. are there any other botw unlisted/removed other than those two?

Only ones I can think of outside the Deuandra video, the April Fools BOTW and the privated Landis videos, there was maybe 3 videos featuring Jim and Colin from Canada where they took the piss out of both Jurassic World: Whatever The Last One Was Called and Transformers: The Fifth One Or Something I Don't Know gently caress where they're just sitting there as either the theme song plays on loop or the Transformers noises play on repeat.

e: f b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

oh my god

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I I I I I I I

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Only ones I can think of outside the Deuandra video, the April Fools BOTW and the privated Landis videos, there was maybe 3 videos featuring Jim and Colin from Canada where they took the piss out of both Jurassic World: Whatever The Last One Was Called and Transformers: The Fifth One Or Something I Don't Know gently caress where they're just sitting there as either the theme song plays on loop or the Transformers noises play on repeat.

e: f b

i know no one cares but so far ive got (with help from the thread) deandruuh, the doubledown botw, and a convo with max landis a shudder exclusive

https://archive.org/details/BOTW_RLM_DLT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-3wkbqmgxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-Dry8Qb4A

if anyone knows of any others lemme know. i am not interested in rewatching the prank vids haha

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

It's Shoji Tabuchi!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Metalocalypse: Army of the Doomstar has leaked to the sites :black101:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arc Hammer posted:

It's Shoji Tabuchi!

Oh wow

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

I would say who cares, why bother, etc. But today I realize this movie has a lot of similarities to Skinamarink. The studio should pivot to framing The Jar as that type of film.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Whew thank you. I KNEW this existed goddammit!

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

ProperCoochie posted:

I would say who cares, why bother, etc. But today I realize this movie has a lot of similarities to Skinamarink. The studio should pivot to framing The Jar as that type of film.

I saw going to ask what this movie

has to do in any way shape or form with this movie

but then i realized i cant read, like at all

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I couldn’t make it thru Skinamarink not because it was boring, which it was in parts definitely, but more because it was so uncomfortable for me to watch. Basically childhood nightmares on screen, I’m a wuss :haw:

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Max Landis is the evil universe Doc Hammer

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I wrote a post about skinamarink in january but didn't post it for some reason. I probably was going to re-write it then forgot. but the tab was still open and saved all the text

I wasn't going to post it, but since the movie's come up again, and since this thread is now in its death throes, because That Dick left and redlettermedia sucks now, please enjoy this rare behind-the-scenes look at a lost post:

quote:

skinamarink does a really good job of evoking that "what am I looking at" feeling, from irl, when it's so low-light that just the rods and none of the cones in your eyes are getting any information to work with, and the things that you know, the constants that keep you confidently rational seem to recede quietly from the edges of the reality you're sitting in. uncertainty dominates, and it feels like anything could happen

the gimmick of not showing you loving anything and focusing your attention on weird misaligned still shots while the audio implies things are happening does start to wear a little thin when they won't even show you the kids snapping legos together, though

and for all that unconventionality, also sometimes it just goes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! 😱💀👻🧟‍♂️🧛‍♂️ BOOGA BOOGA! BOOO!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHA 😈

it's looking to be a love-it-or-hate-it movie, but I dunno. I think my reaction was right down the middle
in parts of it, things are handled really, really well- when the voice said "look under the bed" I wanted to poo poo myself
but stuff like the sudden close-up of a faceless little girl betrays the careful, measured tone of unearthly Wrongness which is... there, but you want it to permeate the film, and instead it's just part of it. it's like ten times more effective during the quiet parts that just show something suddenly moving in the dark after a lengthy still shot, after your brain had quietly accepted it as a piece of the scenery. like that movie uh...what was that mockumentary horror movie about the gay youtube caver guy that we all randomly decided to watch a while ago? that really great scene from the end of that movie. you know the one I mean. like that. anyway

it doesn't quite have the courage of its convictions, I think. as the movie goes on, it basically turns into a found footage horror movie whenever it feels like it. it gets to the point where going into moving shots feels like the language of the film is just straight up telling you "okay now here comes the scaaaaary part!" like when the camera slows down in paranormal activity

I guess it's just not quite the film I wanted it to be. which isn't really the movie's fault, but
I think everybody had an idea of what this film was from the moment they heard about it, saw the trailer, whatever
IN THIS HOUSE...
there was an astounding, exciting freshness from the moment you saw those lingering camera shots of dark corners and heard the premise of the kids waking up with their dad missing and all the doors and windows disappearing. and it just doesn't do much more than... being the film whose trailer and premise created that idea in your head. like they came up with this brand new kind of thing that can exist, and we're all onboard, and then they just kinda... :shrug: I dunno, they did it, I guess

the Threat also felt like oil and water to me
they establish this emotional-sense-above-logical-sense reality (which was everything I wanted and I assume this is true for most people who were looking forward to it).
like, okay, at some point mom left, at some point kevin got hurt from falling down the stairs while sleepwalking.
and me, I'm worried they're going to veer too close to the "kevin bumped his head and he's imagining all this" route or the "mom left and this is all an allegory" route. but they don't do that. they're a little too smart for that. they don't poo poo the bed
instead, the horror as it proceeds extends from the emotional logic of abandonment and of home no longer feeling safe. now dad is suddenly gone too. and the doors, and the windows, and the toilet. it doesn't make sense, but it makes sense as nightmare logic- mom left. kevin got hurt. this place that used to be safe, your home, is hostile now. unreliable. if mom, this constant, can just disappear one day, if your home can suddenly start hurting you, what else can happen? what else can disappear? how else can your environment betray you?
and then
AM from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream shows up and goes "I can do anything 😈"

and I'm like... yeah, I know that, AM. why are you here?
"ahhh, 'cause it's scary"
well... look, AM, it's not that you're not scary, you're terrifying, but we were kinda in the middle of this whole malicious-environment-leaving-you-with-nothing-to-rely-upon thing
"yeah I did that. andI turned the phone into a fake phone 😈 it was me!!!"

:sigh: 'k

basically, I don't know why they put AM from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream in this movie, I do not think it was a good decision, I thought AM made a complete fool of himself,
man I used to be like actually kind of thoughtful and poo poo. the gently caress? lose a lot of brain power from 7 months of being zapped with a bimbofication ray

(the mockumentary horror movie I was thinking of was called Horror in the High Desert, in case anyone wondersj

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Do you really expect any of us to read that?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Do you really expect any of us to read that?
yeah, it's great

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Cubone posted:

I wrote a post about skinamarink in january but didn't post it for some reason. I probably was going to re-write it then forgot. but the tab was still open and saved all the text

I wasn't going to post it, but since the movie's come up again, and since this thread is now in its death throes, because That Dick left and redlettermedia sucks now, please enjoy this rare behind-the-scenes look at a lost post:

man I used to be like actually kind of thoughtful and poo poo. the gently caress? lose a lot of brain power from 7 months of being zapped with a bimbofication ray

(the mockumentary horror movie I was thinking of was called Horror in the High Desert, in case anyone wondersj

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Sunkonmydink

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Here's my review of Talk to Me.

Cool allegory of possession for drug use. Could have used subtitles.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I would write a lot of words about stuff I watch too but I'm afraid that people would realize I'm loving stupid and have nothing interesting to say. you know, like how we have all collectively realized this about cubone yukyukyuk

but also because organizing my thoughts into coherent ideas is hard. writing is hard y'all

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

just write who gives a poo poo!!!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

kalel posted:

I'm afraid that people would realize I'm loving stupid and have nothing interesting to say.

We already know this so post away

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Skinamarink is the first movie in years to actually scare me (the "look under the bed" part, gently caress that poo poo) but there were also multiple points where I was literally nodding off. And yeah the jump scares were totally unnecessary. But that it was able to bring back those childhood fears of the dark was admirable, made more authentic that it was filmed in the desolate wasteland of Edmonton. In conclusion, Skinamarink is a film of contrasts.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

kalel posted:

I would write a lot of words about stuff I watch too but I'm afraid that people would realize I'm loving stupid and have nothing interesting to say. you know, like how we have all collectively realized this about cubone yukyukyuk
I am going to my room to pout about this while listening to How Soon Is Now?, Creep, and Hurt on repeat and I am not coming back for at least 15 minutes. you have thoughtlessly crushed the kind and gentle spirit of a global posting megastar.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
i agree with cubone's post

Which one? Maybe you'll find out. . .

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

There was that one guy who got tricked by internet jokesters to upload his “RLM auditions” and then fly to Milwaukee to find the studio

Maybe he still needs a job

He's and editor at Disney now.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Cacator posted:

Skinamarink is the first movie in years to actually scare me (the "look under the bed" part, gently caress that poo poo)

i don’t even know what that part is. must have been during the brief moment i fell asleep. dammit

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i don’t even know what that part is. must have been during the brief moment i fell asleep. dammit

I fell asleep when the boy stabs himself and didn't realize I missed anything

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

skinamarink was the scariest movie I ever watched. Like designed in a lab to get to me on every level. I never recommend it to anyone though because *gestures at blurry darkness* lmao

There's a shorter early version whose name escapes me on youtube, it's basically the same but skips some of cubones big complaints

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm gathering that we all feel asleep at some point during Skinamarink, a glowing endorsement

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'll talk about this more in my ultimate review post but sopranos has a lot of strange editing choices. shots, scenes, episodes tend to end really abruptly. idk if it's meant to intentionally disorient but it's just really off-putting. or maybe I'm coming down with Mike's they-should've-done-this syndrome, having watched so much media that now I have a compulsive need to nitpick

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I watched Skinamarink because you all reminded me it existed. At one point the video started buffering and I think it was buffering for like 30 seconds before I noticed it.

Skinamarink more like Skinamastink

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

oh sister not for this movie

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The Descent is on HBO Max right now so I figured I’d check it out for the first time and not even halfway through I’m not sure any movie has made me this tense goddamn

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Gutcruncher posted:

The Descent is on HBO Max right now so I figured I’d check it out for the first time and not even halfway through I’m not sure any movie has made me this tense goddamn

Its a legit horror movie, one of my favorites.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I'm rewatching all the BotW episodes in order. I like the shorter episodes near the beginning.

I also especially love the Mike/Rich/Jessi/Jay episodes. It's a man watching bad movies, drinking beer, and cracking jokes with his best friend, his girlfriend, and his business/creative partner. We should all be so lucky.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Chad Jihad posted:

There's a shorter early version whose name escapes me on youtube, it's basically the same but skips some of cubones big complaints

you mean "E Dinky Dink"?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i tried really hard to get into skinamarink. the trailer got me hyped. but it was just too loving boring overall. i legit fell asleep and instead of going back and watching what i missed, i just assumed it was nothing. still give it props for trying something different

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Beastie posted:

Its a legit horror movie, one of my favorites.

Yeah, it's one I need to rewatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I want this

https://illustractiongallery.com/crime-detective-noir/columbo-ransom-for-a-dead-man-italian-4f-3.html

Format & Size
4 Fogli: 55x79 (140x200 Cm)