Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Thinking about trying Exarch altars finally after like 3 leagues in a row of mainlining Eater with no div altars to show for it. What’s the watch outs there so I can pay the minimum amount of attention to altar mods? Iirc auto flasks are basically a death sentence?

I know for Eater I mainly

- Overcapped cold and lightning res
- Didn’t run a build that got worse with random proj
- Didn’t run a build that got worse with -defenses stuff from charges (or mitigated it somehow)
- ailment immunity

With that, eater altars were mostly mitigated

-Meteors
-Chaos damage flasks
-Phys as extra chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Running soul of aberrath as your minor god is useful to get burning ground immunity

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
gently caress those meteors :argh:

but yeah I almost always run eater altars (still never seen a divine altar) because I hate the downsides on exarch

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

meteors were really funny as rf jugg with a line of flagellant's flasks that activate when full, just nonstop meteors that annihilate me if I stop for a moment before everything is dead

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Divine altars, with boss rushing, show up about once every 400 maps from my experience.

I'll be starting LA Deadeye this league and I had the thought to keep people updated on how I'm progressing and gearing my character as I go. Someone in discord gave me the idea to keep stuff in a google doc so I could update in real time and also people could follow along if they want and that seems like a good idea if I were to actually do this.

I can't guarantee the quality but I'll try to include my upgrades and thought process.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ROOgwYon75iEBOKbcJBrHbgGfnYmU2-tQUg88UxED_Q/edit?usp=sharing

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Vulpes posted:

Sup Wardloop buddy. I have a very similar looking list. The hard part is going to be getting a Skin of the Loyal with decent colors though - if the Breach drop-rates are still nerfed they're going be rare as poo poo at league-start.

Yeah my initial switch is 99% to be a regular chest + ward flask and then do the baby loop rather than 2x420s. I'm definitely a bit scared that I won't be able to pull it off but worst case it's just longer I'm playing RF which is always cozy.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Hey what are you Ward Loopers using to start? I know the right answer is "another character" but I hate the campaign too much to do it more than once a league.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I always play with a friend so we figure we may as well go all out this league, I'm gonna start as spark inquis (MF focus eventually) and he is gonna roll with scion aurabot. What could go wrong?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

WTFBEES posted:

Hey what are you Ward Loopers using to start? I know the right answer is "another character" but I hate the campaign too much to do it more than once a league.

You could try Waggle's cold dot scion from sanctum https://pobb.in/HHIgmK-wgoYD or Captain Lance's Holy Relic scion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4NhdJhX_ZY

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

WTFBEES posted:

I hate the campaign also, so I'm rolling Exsang Scion which I've been meaning to do for a while anyway. I think pconc/exconc is a valid choice also.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Now im eyeing a fairgraves tricorn build with torment. (Not really, but lol if this becomes meta)

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

WTFBEES posted:

I'm adapting Pohx RF because I'm dumb and hate myself, the correct answers have mostly already been posted but apparently there's a holy flame totem one that's recommended as well by the wardloop guide (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3146104)

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Traxis posted:

You could try Waggle's cold dot scion from sanctum https://pobb.in/HHIgmK-wgoYD

Never mind, I'm doing this one now.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
went to standard league to set up my tabs and.... didn't really anticipate having 20+ remove only currency tabs waiting for me to sort through. this doesn't even count the hundreds? of other stash tabs with god knows what in there

is there a way to delete the remove only tabs from existence? im already tired of clicking

also, LOL that when you put perandus coins in the currency tab, a lil hidden space appears to hold them.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
isn't there a button to hide all those

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
You can hide them by clicking the gear icon but they are still there waiting… taunting…

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I still have a tab of talismans somewhere

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

isn't there a button to hide all those

yeah, but it'd be nice to delete the empty tabs

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

euphronius posted:

I still have a tab of talismans somewhere

:wtc:

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

I have that, a tab of league stones, and a tab of nets!

I can see why they started deleting this poo poo lol

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Another person whose builds can often be really strong is POEDan - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/poedan79/characters. Looks like he's leveling some sort of Scion as Rolling Magma so we might be able to yoink tech there.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

wodin posted:

Another person whose builds can often be really strong is POEDan - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/poedan79/characters. Looks like he's leveling some sort of Scion as Rolling Magma so we might be able to yoink tech there.

I keep telling myself yo one day run rolling magma but I never get to that point. Maybe.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
all the map options available with The Seventh Gate allocated:

This is the first time you can force Beyond since the rework, isn't it?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

InventorOfTrees posted:

all the map options available with The Seventh Gate allocated:

Well that answers the 'how does Seventh Gate work' question. I wish they'd just make all the device options available every league rather than this one weird trick though.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

As I always do when I consider taking a league off, I'm wavering. Not sure what I want to start with though. Leaning toward some kind of miner but I dunno what, except probably not Hexblast just because I don't want to commit to something that really wants a unique that may well be super rare and absolutely will be in heavy demand.

Maybe Pyroclast, as was mentioned earlier? What are the good mine league starters, I'm super unfamiliar.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I think I'm going to start as Explosive Trap trickster, and on day 2 contemplate going self-chill vs maybe swapping into something like Hexblast mines.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

docbeard posted:

As I always do when I consider taking a league off, I'm wavering. Not sure what I want to start with though. Leaning toward some kind of miner but I dunno what, except probably not Hexblast just because I don't want to commit to something that really wants a unique that may well be super rare and absolutely will be in heavy demand.

Maybe Pyroclast, as was mentioned earlier? What are the good mine league starters, I'm super unfamiliar.

I'll probably not leaguestart day one, as there are other games to play and the league gimmick looks dull. It is okay start late.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Will GGG continue the trend of overtuning the league mechanic? We'll see, but the smart money is on YES

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
waiting to see carn's leaguestarter get exploded by rare mobs on day 1 like some kind of poe leaguestart groundhog's day thing

J
Jun 10, 2001

Glad to see 7th gate works in the cool and good way and not the borderline useless way.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Oh, turning off multithreading (the game begs you not to) fixed all my performance problems, because of course.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Post your best name ideas. If I were a witch I'd do TraumaSwift. PTSDeezNuts was excellent and I offer PTSDeepfake for your consideration. Traumaturgy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LigmaVaals

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
GlennGrindwald

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

quote:

Old:
Ramako, Sun's Light: No longer provides "+25% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier", "25% chance to Ignite" or "Damage Penetrates 15% Fire Resistance". It now provides "Nearby Enemies' Fire Resistance is 0% against Damage over Time while you are Stationary."

New:
Ramako, Sun's Light: No longer provides "+25% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier", "25% chance to Ignite" or "Damage Penetrates 15% Fire Resistance". It now provides "Nearby Enemy Monsters' Fire Resistance against Damage over Time is -20% while you are Stationary."

I mean...lol

It's better but it's still a dead node.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

pork never goes bad posted:

Post your best name ideas. If I were a witch I'd do TraumaSwift. PTSDeezNuts was excellent and I offer PTSDeepfake for your consideration. Traumaturgy.

Every single one of my characters is named for some sort of bizarre-sounding chemical found in the ingredients list of stuff in the house. I think my best so far has been Trisiloxane. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with MethylSalicylate tomorrow.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DoubleNegative posted:

Every single one of my characters is named for some sort of bizarre-sounding chemical found in the ingredients list of stuff in the house. I think my best so far has been Trisiloxane. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with MethylSalicylate tomorrow.

I'm going to do hexblast assassin like a crazy person. poo poo, I made poison BV assassin work somehow. with ya'lls help. I'm sure it can be done again.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

FZeroRacer posted:

I mean...lol

It's better but it's still a dead node.

Holy poo poo, this is a huge buff for my league starter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

Holy poo poo, this is a huge buff for my league starter
i still don't recommend taking that node, ever. it's a DPS loss in most circumstances where it matters.

the only exception is if you manage to reach immortal levels of defensiveness thru phys -> elemental conversion and hitting 90% all res + armor + sustain.