Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

freeedr posted:

What do you do if two Dustin Hoffmanns are chasing you at the same time then smart guy

You cross running water. Something, Dustin Hoffman famously cannot do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

I like that old bit about Vampires that if one chases you, you have to spill some rice on the floor and the vampire is compelled to stop and count every rice corn.

I swear theres some short story or movie or something where the heroes break this out to try and deal with a really old vampire and he just looks down for one second and says "6,480" and resumes chasing them immediately.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Technically qualifies as a Cursed or Holy weapon too.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

:perfect:

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I swear theres some short story or movie or something where the heroes break this out to try and deal with a really old vampire and he just looks down for one second and says "6,480" and resumes chasing them immediately.

Dracula 2: The Ascension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTvJkxNDem0

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

"In Ghat they believe in vampire watermelons, although folklore is silent about what they believe about vampire watermelons. Possibly they suck back." - Pratchett

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The reason the cross works against them is because they're Ghat damned.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I like the Jojo vampires. They drink blood through their hands.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
My father-in-law has terrible taste in sci fi and told me about a book he just finished reading. It involved an alien invasion of a near-future Earth. Aliens black out the sun somehow and are besieging Earth and starving out the populace. I don't remember why, and it doesn't matter. In the final few chapters, with absolutely no precedent for this whatsoever, a hero emerges in a last-ditch gambit to save Earth from the alien mothership. It is Dracula (and a gaggle of his spawn). Motherfucker flies up through the stratosphere, into space, rips into the ship's hull, and kills the alien leaders in an orgy of violence. No other part of this story had any vampire poo poo or even hints at this kind of fantasy genre material until the last forty pages of a 300+ page novel.

In conclusion, Draculas is a land of contrasts.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Nebrilos posted:

I like the Jojo vampires. They drink blood through their hands.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Railing Kill posted:

My father-in-law has terrible taste in sci fi and told me about a book he just finished reading. It involved an alien invasion of a near-future Earth. Aliens black out the sun somehow and are besieging Earth and starving out the populace. I don't remember why, and it doesn't matter. In the final few chapters, with absolutely no precedent for this whatsoever, a hero emerges in a last-ditch gambit to save Earth from the alien mothership. It is Dracula (and a gaggle of his spawn). Motherfucker flies up through the stratosphere, into space, rips into the ship's hull, and kills the alien leaders in an orgy of violence. No other part of this story had any vampire poo poo or even hints at this kind of fantasy genre material until the last forty pages of a 300+ page novel.

Out Of The Dark I think this is called

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

Railing Kill posted:

David Weber is a perfectly fine author if you like ladies kicking rear end andyoubcan ignore monarch fetishes

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Railing Kill posted:

Read a good space-vampire book now: Blindsight

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Subjunctive posted:

Read a good space-vampire book now: Blindsight

a good book

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Railing Kill posted:

More sci-fi should be written like this.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Railing Kill posted:

This sounds like a bad book that would make a great movie

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

This jamoke drinks plasssssma tho

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

zedprime posted:

Vampires aren't real so there's no reason why every vampire can't have straw teeth including the ones that rip your carotid apart entirely.

Except Bunnicula. Bunnicula is real.

'Ncoppa jammo ja!
Bunniculi! Bunnicula!

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Inceltown posted:

If clitorises are for show how come I've never seen one?

The body has a way of shutting the whole thing down

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

freeedr posted:

What do you do if two Dustin Hoffmanns are chasing you at the same time then smart guy

You put on Wapner.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

This sounds like a bad book that would make a great movie

Something Cannon Studios was destined to make.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Railing Kill posted:

Dracula ex Machina is a hell of a way to wrap up a plot.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

That last panel is some pretty fine av material

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

We talking about weird draculas? I've been preparing for this my whole life.

Daughter of Darkness (1990). Anthony Perkins (Psycho) plays a vampire in Romania. Dracula was real here, but he was killed by vampire hunters long ago. These vampires leave giant hickey when they feed.

Their teeth are normal human teeth. Instead the tip of their tongue splits open to reveal a lamprey like opening.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

In honor of my grandmother, I will always refer to vampires as draclers. It's also very fun to do.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That last panel is some pretty fine av material

I want to see that face of his riding the choo choo roller coaster

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Insane sci-fi post reminded me of a paperback I read in a breach rental house over a rainy weekend. Probably 15 years ago now.
It was about a Massachusetts town that has a new problem: a Nazi -created man/shark hybrid that got out of the torpedoed Nazi submarine it was caged on. I don't remember how the ~60 year gap was survived by shark man.
Anyways, literal Nazi landsharkman digging thru trash cans and eating townsfolk

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sorry to go back to this:

But a subway station is not the trains house. The train yard is the trains house, a subway station is merely the train's office.

Doesn't make the person who wrote this any less rude, and unappreciative of trains hard work though.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Insane sci-fi post reminded me of a paperback I read in a breach rental house over a rainy weekend. Probably 15 years ago now.
It was about a Massachusetts town that has a new problem: a Nazi -created man/shark hybrid that got out of the torpedoed Nazi submarine it was caged on. I don't remember how the ~60 year gap was survived by shark man.

White Shark by Peter Benchley, trying and failing to get another crappy shark novel adapted into a multimillion dollar blockbuster.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

TotalLossBrain posted:

He was in suspended animation this is not a joke. One of the Nazis who built him shows up all old and gets eaten IIRC.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

White Shark by Peter Benchley, trying and failing to get another crappy shark novel adapted into a multimillion dollar blockbuster.
In case anyone doesn't recognise the name this is the guy who wrote Jaws.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Let's not forget the novel Jaws was focused on a love affair and Spielberg just ignored like a third of it entirely.
Some authors need a harsh editor for their own good.

That said it sounds like an entertaining material, get Bruce Campbell to play the manipulative mayor.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

That'd be a rad shirt, I think I found the original (at least one that credits the artist, there's another site that seems to have ripped it off and replaced the brand name in the image) but it's only in women's t shirts unfortunately

In case anybody is interested:

https://www.exlibre.com/products/wicca-wicca

Credited artist is Mike Willcox but I don't see it on his site/shop: https://mikewillcox.bigcartel.com/

boofhead has a new favorite as of 09:53 on Aug 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

boofhead posted:

That'd be a rad shirt, I think I found the original (at least one that credits the artist, there's another site that seems to have ripped it off and replaced the brand name in the image) but it's only in women's t shirts unfortunately

In case anybody is interested:

https://www.exlibre.com/products/wicca-wicca

Credited artist is Mike Willcox but I don't see it on his site/shop: https://mikewillcox.bigcartel.com/

Their "about" page says

quote:

We collaborate with artists to create limited edition garments and objects. Each shirt is stamped with a limited edition mark and built to last.

so looks like the right place to me!