Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's immediately and harmlessly testable! Make an alt and withdraw all your ancestral weapons onto its inventory.

Go clear Helltides on your real character with a Sacred weapon and watch the 800s roll in :)

I've seen large data sets that imply average item level increases with monster level (and thus, with character level for things like helltides), so you might get some false positives. I guess you could try this like 10 times with the stash full, and 10 times without? So idk, link me the video when some streamer nerd does and records that, tyia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

barber + thorns + berserk ripping + sword technique + gushing wounds is some crazy poo poo

I have no idea how it works, and as far as I know I have no way to reliably trigger it, but sometimes bosses just end up bleeding their entire health bar after the first barber proc. it's awesome

before, bosses were a problem with thorns. now I look forward to them just to see if it's gonna happen

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

hawowanlawow posted:

barber + thorns + berserk ripping + sword technique + gushing wounds is some crazy poo poo

I have no idea how it works, and as far as I know I have no way to reliably trigger it, but sometimes bosses just end up bleeding their entire health bar after the first barber proc. it's awesome

before, bosses were a problem with thorns. now I look forward to them just to see if it's gonna happen

As far as I can tell it's a pretty simple interaction: Barber procs when berserk? Barber damage applied as bleed. Boss dies.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think there must be some kind of loop or something because the damage I'm putting in does not account for the huge bleeds

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

hawowanlawow posted:

I think there must be some kind of loop or something because the damage I'm putting in does not account for the huge bleeds

I'm really not sure how it interacts but I think it feeds back in via the bleed. Bleed damage done during barber buildup also adds to the pile then continuously adds more.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm really not sure how it interacts but I think it feeds back in via the bleed. Bleed damage done during barber buildup also adds to the pile then continuously adds more.
I believe this is it, yeah. Barber procs the bleed, bleed feeds into new Barber, repeat ad infinitum.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

God drat I love wolfnado. That is all.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
hmmm patch dropped? let me download and check it ou----

how desperate is blizzard to try to sell more crap? first thing i see when i log in... no i don't want to buy your lovely skins.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

God drat I love wolfnado. That is all.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My 58 WT3 bone spear necro is 1-shotting everything in tier 10 NMDs and taking down bosses in 5-10 secs. Should I try for the WT4 capstone?

How are you speccd? I've got my necro up to level 40ish doing bone spear but it feels incredibly weak. Like it takes me multiple casts to kill normal elites. Am I doing it wrong?

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002

Last King posted:

hmmm patch dropped? let me download and check it ou----

how desperate is blizzard to try to sell more crap? first thing i see when i log in... no i don't want to buy your lovely skins.

When I logged in and saw this I was excited at first because I didn't know who Tejal was and I thought they were adding a new vendor to S1 to give us new shinies.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

GlassEye-Boy posted:

How are you speccd? I've got my necro up to level 40ish doing bone spear but it feels incredibly weak. Like it takes me multiple casts to kill normal elites. Am I doing it wrong?

bone spear is all about getting your crit online. You need high % to crit and high % crit damage (on top of vuln, etc). This takes a bit.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Once you get a bit into that second paragon board (bone graft), bone spear goes ham. I just got to that middle rare yellow node personally. I went to the legendary node on the right first, then started going up. My board 1 glyph (gravekeeper) is only like level 6, so I don’t even have the expanded radius yet.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/bone-spear-necromancer-guide

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 17, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Went for WT4 Varshan, he bugs out and chain dazes me during the add phase. Cool and good. Pull again and that stops happening but he refreshes barriers so fast I can't damage him more than 1% a cycle. Why? Seems bleeds aren't registering on the barrier and when it goes up it clears DoTs already on. Uhm. Oh, and he uses a nearly unavoidable chain daze(3 seconds on a sub 2 swing, can whiff half of them with preemptive evades) between add phases. Are the barriers linked to adds eaten? I can kill them but surprise, nothing changes. I even swapped Rupture in to no benefit.

gently caress me for playing a melee non-meta, I guess. If my DPS sucks I could shrug and say "back to the NMD mines!" but it just seems nonfunctional. I can crater a NMD +16 boss in 20 seconds and stand in Varsh's floor blasts, I don't think I'm missing damage unless I'm being compared to a roided out Rogue deleting him in sub 10.

I can get good hearts not killing him, got a T5 barber and all, don't really feel like using it over my DoT one, yes I'm aware I'm limiting myself but is it that much of a limit? I haven't even reached my pre-Barber NMD limit so I'm irritated I wasted time going back to loving WT2 and 3 to get pointless recipes to run into bugs.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 17, 2023

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Dumb game crashes at start up every time since the update

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i must be doing something wrong with chain lightning. level 45 and it takes 2-3 casts to kill a regular non elite enemy of my level. i’ve read all these skills, i’m using them how i should. poo poo just isn’t dying, i dunno hire this could be considered a super fast leveling build

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

harrygomm posted:

i must be doing something wrong with chain lightning. level 45 and it takes 2-3 casts to kill a regular non elite enemy of my level. i’ve read all these skills, i’m using them how i should. poo poo just isn’t dying, i dunno hire this could be considered a super fast leveling build

Generally it comes from %damage while stunned and the 7,000 ways to get that. I can tell you it's easier to level lightning than fire.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Doomykins posted:

Went for WT4 Varshan, he bugs out and chain dazes me during the add phase. Cool and good. Pull again and that stops happening but he refreshes barriers so fast I can't damage him more than 1% a cycle. Why? Seems bleeds aren't registering on the barrier and when it goes up it clears DoTs already on. Uhm. Oh, and he uses a nearly unavoidable chain daze(3 seconds on a sub 2 swing, can whiff half of them with preemptive evades) between add phases. Are the barriers linked to adds eaten? I can kill them but surprise, nothing changes. I even swapped Rupture in to no benefit.

gently caress me for playing a melee non-meta, I guess. If my DPS sucks I could shrug and say "back to the NMD mines!" but it just seems nonfunctional. I can crater a NMD +16 boss in 20 seconds and stand in Varsh's floor blasts, I don't think I'm missing damage unless I'm being compared to a roided out Rogue deleting him in sub 10.

I can get good hearts not killing him, got a T5 barber and all, don't really feel like using it over my DoT one, yes I'm aware I'm limiting myself but is it that much of a limit? I haven't even reached my pre-Barber NMD limit so I'm irritated I wasted time going back to loving WT2 and 3 to get pointless recipes to run into bugs.

Yeah, as far as I could tell he gets a super buff if he successfully eats an add. When you stagger him you get super buffed instead. You need pretty good burst to blow up the adds in time and like he doesn't always try to eat them in the same order. I'm not sure he's actually bugging, the first time I did him it was a tough fight. Anyway the turbo buff you get when you stagger him means he gets deleted pretty fast so I wouldn't worry too much about not damaging him otherwise. I can't remember which of the adds is barrier or if they just all contribute.

Or you can just level up more and come back and delete him, he's only like level 80

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

That'd explain it, I can stagger a lot more since I put in an aspect for "chance to stun on hitting bleeding target" and I'm doubling my rate of boss knockdowns, but the barriers interrupt everything horribly. Trying to DoT all 3 adds down faster than a 4 second animation is not viable, lol. Maybe a miracle grasp into maelstrom on all 3.

The real trick is I don't see myself holding interest until 80. It's been a decent ride S1, Barb did better than the early fear mongering suggested.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Name Change posted:

Generally it comes from %damage while stunned and the 7,000 ways to get that. I can tell you it's easier to level lightning than fire.

yeah i could see how that could end up being the case, something like a raiment could get stoned going frequently. from what i can see, the only thing i have that stuns is a passive that is on lucky hit, 9% chance to stun.

i guess the thing i’m talking umbrage with is that it’s touted specifically as a good leveling spec. ice shards was and as far as i know still is the fastest leveling spec for any class up until about 50/60 range and then drops off. i tried that a bit preseason/beta and didn’t like frost. when lightning started to get brought out as even better than that i was pretty excited. this still isn’t even as good as chain lightning was in the beta, let alone better/faster. maybe i’m missing the right heart or something, idk.

e: looking at some other builds, people aren’t even taking that stun passive, how am i otherwise meant to be stunning at low levels, 10 arc lash hits per mob?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 17, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Doomykins posted:

That'd explain it, I can stagger a lot more since I put in an aspect for "chance to stun on hitting bleeding target" and I'm doubling my rate of boss knockdowns, but the barriers interrupt everything horribly. Trying to DoT all 3 adds down faster than a 4 second animation is not viable, lol. Maybe a miracle grasp into maelstrom on all 3.

The real trick is I don't see myself holding interest until 80. It's been a decent ride S1, Barb did better than the early fear mongering suggested.

it worked really well for me on uber lillith preseason, if you can work a butchers cleaver into your weapons somehow, i got ludicrous amounts of stagger meter on bosses with it equipped. iirc you don’t even need to sign it to a skill, just have it required, since i was doing hota which can’t use DW and was still getting procs on adds

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

That sounds rad though I'd have to find one.

For lightning sorc I had stuns coming nonstop since you get it off every tic of your little dashing lightning guy, bounce of CL, tic of the sparks you pick up, etc. You can also spark to left click at 4 tics per. Not exactly optimal but it's not hard to have stuns rocketing off nonstop. And it's +9% chance per, you don't need to stack to 100 every time.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Trying to sell or dismantle stuff, I constantly have the cursor flickering on an item or just straight up disengaging from the stash entirely. Using a controller or mouse, it’s the same. It’s super irritating. The bugginess of this game is wearing thin.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Finally finished the Season Journey. Let's check out the sweet loot you get from making it all the way through!

oh

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

Finally finished the Season Journey. Let's check out the sweet loot you get from making it all the way through!

oh

Yeah it's a major bone of contention that the season super reward is... shite

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Tiny Timbs posted:

oh

would be pretty sweet to have a reason to play past 75, but nope

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
yeah it’s not great. i’ve also been trying to find someone to kill in pvp zone for half an hour now, flipping back and forth between hc/sc and world tiers. i haven’t seen a single other player yet and the get one kill objective is the last thing i need to get the hidden title

i can also shamefully confirm that if you have two players logged into the same console split screen, you cannot kill one another if you both bloodmark

e: complaining on the internet works again. i am now cormonds staunchest ally

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 18, 2023

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
hc or sc kill?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
How does PvP work? Can you just form a party and steamroll anyone who tries to pass through?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

In my experience you farm for the cool mount cosmetic and easy whispers and maybe 1/10 times you turn in you get instantly ganked by two level 100s

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I've been doing NMD tier 50-60 and decided that I'm close enough to level 100 and have pretty good equipment and I'd try a tier 100.

It actually wasn't too bad! Killing things was slow and I got hit pretty hard, but it definitely seemed doable... until I ran into a minion corpse bow. Holy poo poo I've never had problems with these guys before but it was one-shotting me from off the screen. I never stood a chance. I was able to get another couple tier 100 sigils before using up all my respawns, though, so hopefully one of those doesn't include crazy death skeleton bows.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

hc or sc kill?

tried with my partner on split screen on hc. got the kill on sc though, figured i had to go where the people are

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Pixelante posted:

How does PvP work? Can you just form a party and steamroll anyone who tries to pass through?

in addition to what hawowanlawow said, being in a party anecdotally increases spawn rate or respawn rate of mobs and chests, though the shards that drop are not personal loot, anyone can grab them. if you can find other people to pvp against it can be some of the fastest way to get shards because all you have to do is get kills to steal their shards

somewhere in my post history is a too through look at farming shards in the pvp zone. should still mostly be true

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

You can try it but it’ll be your survivability that holds you back, not your DPS. Plus you won’t be able to equip anything from WT4 until 60 anyway.

Went in as 60 and killed Elias in 10 secs lmao

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Diablo 4:

Name Change posted:

Yeah it's a major bone

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

American McGay posted:

muh xp nerfs...

How do you see this?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

After finally getting into NMDs, I can safely say that

Leveling glyphs is loving tedious

And some of the dungeon affixes are just plain not loving fun. Having the red artichoke chase me around is just annoying as hell. If I get a paragon point, I can’t even take 10 secs to figure out where to put it because whoopisies, I exploded. gently caress that stupid “get in the bubble every 15 secs” one too.

You think they could come up with something that’s difficult and not annoying as hell.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
That's how WoW works

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Speked posted:

How do you see this?

i think it’s the logged in view at https://d4armory.io

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

You think they could come up with something that’s difficult and not annoying as hell.

not if the design of wow mythic dungeons is any precedent
efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I really cannot imagine paying for a season pass in the future unless they make a bunch of changes. And I can be a bit of a sucker for these things.