Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

temple posted:

I'm suddenly horny
not as horny as them aliens apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

flubber nuts posted:

she was doxxed on tiktok. someone released her full name, where she works, and also pictures of her house. the apology was a response to a bunch of weirdos starting to harass her.

ah jesus christ people are awful

Vakal
May 11, 2008

mediaphage posted:

ah jesus christ people are awful

On that note, I recently watched the Travis Walton documentary and a majority of it is about the poo poo the witnesses went through.

I recommend it.

https://tubitv.com/movies/550812/travis-the-true-story-of-travis-walton

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rziotovH721xr43zx.mp4

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i just saw a ufo a few minutes ago

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Junk posted:

What you saw was a weather balloon caught in ball lightning over some swamp gas. :ninja:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Junk posted:

Do you need an ice pack? Its helps.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

temple posted:

Do you need an ice pack? Its helps.

I thought that was just for kling-ons.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Some kind of sky anus

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

skynus

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Overdog posted:

What you saw was a weather balloon caught in ball lightning over some swamp gas. :ninja:

Typical, when every I go out weather balloon caught in ball lightning over swamp gas watching, all these god drat UFO get in the way and I can't see poo poo.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Really wish I could find the specific clip, but I did like Johnny Carson's UFO joke when I was a kid.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Mederlock posted:

There's a huge megathread on Reddit e: on R/UFOs that's frothing at the mouth rn on this and it's hilarious

my bait hooked quite the catch :laugh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/15p14tp/comment/jwghzmv/?context=3

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Butthole sun, won't you come, and wash away the greys

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Man, I love UFOs as a topic of interest. My dad and I had our own sighting ~20ish years ago and I had collected around 100 books on the subject at one point. But it's people like the idiots who replied to your comment calling you an armchair pseudo skeptic that will forever keep me at arms' length from this topic, for-loving-ever.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

XYZAB posted:

Man, I love UFOs as a topic of interest. My dad and I had our own sighting ~20ish years ago and I had collected around 100 books on the subject at one point. But it's people like the idiots who replied to your comment calling you an armchair pseudo skeptic that will forever keep me at arms' length from this topic, for-loving-ever.

:same: , their desire to believe overrides their skepticism and rational thoughts processes. I like the subject, I do think there's something fucky with UAP's going on, but until evidence to the contrary comes out, the safe assumption is it's some nation state playing around with their next gen spy toys.

Like I had an unironic, real 'ufo' experience once when I was like 19. Lived out in the boonies, under the flight path for the :canada: military CFB Cold Lake air base, actually worked on base too for a bit which was cool af. There's a huge air weapons range nearby there, where they do a lot of their training and testing and exercises at. Was driving down a gravel backroad to where I lived at like, 1 am after a long shift at work in town, and a bright orange/yellow light in the sky started orbiting around me. I stopped my vehicle multiple times on the side of the road, and watched it circle me at a rate of maybe once a minute or so, but I didn't hear any noise like you'd hear from a helicopter that close. I'll admit I was kinda spooked after I realized it wasn't like the police chopper or whatever. Eventually the light turned off and it presumably peeled off after about 15 minutes of fuckin with me, and I've never seen anything like that around there again.

When I got home and told my family, they were convinced it was aliens or whatever, but idk, I highly doubt that. I kinda get the feeling some guys on the base were loving with me with a drone or something experimental like that, I know some pilots and other staff there, and have heard a good few stories of pilots loving with people in the countryside at night when they're doing their flight hours in the CF-18's. Diving down followed by slamming the AB above a vehicle on a backroad as they pull up kind of poo poo. There's also a test squadron on base that do some routine aerospace engineering poo poo and some secret squirrel poo poo too.

Regardless, it's way more likely it was some bored military guys, than it was fuckin Bælly Bœb the Grey scopin me out for a probin

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Don't think of the Aliens as brave explorers or malicious conquerors but instead as dude-bros taking out their quads to the boonies.

The crash rate and inexplicable nature of the encounters makes more sense, think sheeple!!!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PinheadSlim posted:

Don't think of the Aliens as brave explorers or malicious conquerors but instead as dude-bros taking out their quads to the boonies.

The crash rate and inexplicable nature of the encounters makes more sense, think sheeple!!!
No, the aliens must be enlightened wiseposters like me.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

XYZAB posted:

That subreddit has been in a perpetual state of frothing at the mouth ever since Grusch became a thing. I picture 90% them like the guy in your avatar every time something comes along that could finally be the smoking gun that they so desperately crave. Posts like this one where a rational person would understand immediately that the OP lacks reading comprehension, yet all of the comments are latching on to it as some sort of proof that aliens kidnapped MH370 while the US military watched.

Also:

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Butthole sun, won't you come, and wash away the greys
:lol:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

PinheadSlim posted:

:hai: If your civilization has the ability to travel between stars, its reasonable that the quality of life (for at least some of its citizens) is really loving good.

So it makes sense that space rednecks are driving their quads into the space forest to get drunk and they keep running into poo poo :hmmyes:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

This is the only theory I can get behind.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
My bro was stationed at Guam about 25 years ago when he was in the Air Force. I jokinly asked him if he ever saw any UFOs, or other weird stuff that he couldn't talk about.

He said there were two instances where that happened. The first one was he and some other guys were walking around the hangars, and they happened to see something in an open hangar, and right when they realized they were seeing something they weren't supposed to, they turned around and saw some high ranking superior that told them to forget what they saw and don't talk to anyone about it or else it was court marshal time. The gist I got was that he might've seen some kind of new plane or weapon that he wasn't supposed to see, but he was rattled enough by the warning that he still wouldn't talk about it even years later.

The other time he was with his wife and they witnessed something oblong fly overhead and into the water, but it didn't make any noise. Hs wife was talking with one of the other wives at the BX, and they said that they saw the same thing and her husband got all weird about it and told her never to tell anyone else what they saw. idk if it was because they were sworn to secrecy, of it the guy was just worried it would tank his career if he was labeled a ufo nut.

The overall impression I got from him was that sightings were almost commonplace, but they were all taught to keep quiet about them.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
UFOs are like masturbation, everyone does it but no one wants to talk about it and the ones that do are fuckin weirdos

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

sightings are commonplace and we are all told to be quiet about it military or no military

but those are neat little exemplar tales

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

500excf type r posted:

UFOs are like masturbation, everyone does it but no one wants to talk about it and the ones that do are fuckin weirdos

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

500excf type r posted:

too long for a thread title.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

500excf type r posted:

Imagine going blind from seeing too many UFOs.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

hairy palms and anal probes

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the aliens twerked in front of me

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
fwiw (nothing really) I've been to Guam, know people from Guam, Saipan, and NMI and have never heard anything about UFO poo poo there

We did find a cave with a human skeleton and a Japanese flag and a lot of sake bottles once and reported it to the authorities

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

maybealabia posted:

We did find a cave with a human skeleton and a Japanese flag and a lot of sake bottles once and reported it to the authorities

NO! That's the weak man's out. What you saw was a skeleton alien with its bottle shaped probes and alien nano fabric cloth. And then the cops came and covered it up!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

XYZAB posted:

Imagine going blind from seeing too many UFOs.

Basically the plot to Day of the Triffids. They got hairy palms too.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

The people claiming that this would have been impossible to make in 2014 is laughable.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The MH370 video is cool because the ufos are doing something. But since the authorities never made an official explanation, the ufologists are chasing their tails arguing against theories they've invented. "The pilot committed suicide"->who's claiming that? "Its was a government experiment"->what do ufos have to do it? "The debris was faked"->why would they care to fake debris? "They don't want you know!"->what do they want us to know? The plane's gone and that's damning in of itself.

Its conspiracy for the sake of conspiracy.

temple fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 18, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The MH370 videos are the ultimate long troll.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

maybealabia posted:

fwiw (nothing really) I've been to Guam, know people from Guam, Saipan, and NMI and have never heard anything about UFO poo poo there

Well no poo poo they're not allowed to talk about it.

Also, you're find was way cooler anyways.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

PoPcornTG posted:

The people claiming that this would have been impossible to make in 2014 is laughable.

Do you even remember 2014? This was the height of CGI at the time. There's no way you stage a fake video with that level of technology.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

shoeberto posted:

Do you even remember 2014? This was the height of CGI at the time. There's no way you stage a fake video with that level of technology.
Way more horny for robot girls than alien girls, imo

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I also don't think that humans had the technology to do CGI like that back then, but it's possible that they had help/guidance from some alien race that visited them and gave them advanced knowledge to do these fakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

GABA ghoul posted:

NO! That's the weak man's out. What you saw was a skeleton alien with its bottle shaped probes and alien nano fabric cloth. And then the cops came and covered it up!

I can't prove that's not true