Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

getting a little ahead of ourselves here lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
coined "shared success"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh good I was just thinking how we hadn't desecrated that sacred mountain enough

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

why did they name the recent technology CHIPs bill the same as the clinton-era bill about subsidized health insurance for children?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

why did they name the recent technology CHIPs bill the same as the clinton-era bill about subsidized health insurance for children?

thats how they got biden to go for it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mostly Lurking posted:

coined "shared success"

Legit never heard Biden say this

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Mostly Lurking posted:

coined "cmon man" and "listen fat"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

thats how they got biden to go for it

lmao

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Nichael posted:

this is a good use of money. much better use of money than donating it to Innocence Project Delaware... and getting a custom Post America video at the same time:

Blowing up even more of the sacred Black Hills to add a few more racist bluebloods to the giant gently caress off colonizer monument.
A perfectly acceptable thing for libs.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

(In Jan. 2021 biden's approval rating on the economy among republicans was 23 percent, lol.)

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

insane clown pussy posted:

we have those they're called prisons, OP

yup. the liberals even let the private sector in on it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

idk if it is or not but lol at this wiki article picture

dudes rock

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

30% of dems are just Republicans

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Tsitsikovas posted:

NYC: a jobs and pension program for jersey and long island suburbanites.

hey not fair, some of them live in staten island and bay ridge, the staten island of brooklyn

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

goonpertunities ahoy
The White House Opens Volunteer Applications for the 2023 Holiday Season | The White House

www.whitehouse.gov posted:

President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden are excited to continue the tradition of welcoming volunteer holiday decorators, Holiday Open House volunteers, and volunteer holiday performers to help celebrate the holiday season at the White House. Starting today, applications are now open for those interested in volunteering for the 2023 holiday season. 

The White House welcomes volunteer applicants from all U.S. states and territories, and encourages military-connected family members, educators, frontline workers, and students to apply. The deadline to submit a volunteer application to be a holiday decorator, Holiday Open House volunteer, or volunteer holiday performer will be on Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 5:00 P.M. ET. Selected applicants will be notified on or after Thursday, September 28, 2023at 5:00 P.M. ET.

All selected volunteers are responsible for their individual travel and personal expenses. 

VOLUNTEER HOLIDAY DECORATOR APPLICATION
Those interested in volunteering to decorate the White House ahead of the holiday season may apply HERE. Please note each person must apply individually, and group applications will not be accepted. Any individual applying to decorate at the White House must be 18 years of age or older to participate. Volunteers must be available to be in Washington, D.C. the week of Sunday, November 19, 2023.

HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION 
Those interested in volunteering to assist with White House Holiday Open Houses may apply HERE. Any individual applying to volunteer for an open house at the White House must be 18 years of age or older to participate. White House Holiday Open Houses range from Tuesday, December 5, 2023 to Sunday,December 24, 2023

VOLUNTEER HOLIDAY PERFORMER APPLICATION
Performers and musical groups, including school bands, choirs, and holiday-themed entertainers, may apply HERE for the opportunity to perform during a White House Holiday Open House. White House Holiday Open Houses range from Tuesday, December 5, 2023 to Sunday,December 24, 2023
paging Nichael

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Uncle Wemus posted:

30% of dems are just Republicans

Seems low tbh

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Halloween Jack posted:

My employer has a program where you can donate your vacation time to people who need it more than you

Me too, but nobody needs it more than I do, because I'm a hard working dude!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

idk if it is or not but lol at this wiki article picture

Dare you walk…the osteopath?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
michael bennet is coming to a venue near me and I'm going to take the opportunity to yell at him for helping to kill ColoradoCare

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/billmaher/statu...ingawful.com%2F

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oh gee pretty sure I'm jewish

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

The Demilich posted:

Blowing up even more of the sacred Black Hills to add a few more racist bluebloods to the giant gently caress off colonizer monument.
A perfectly acceptable thing for libs.

Nothing could be a better metaphor for America than the fact that after blowing a bunch of holes into a sacred mountain to carve some racists' faces into it, we didn't even bother to clean up the boulders and just left them there.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/gaijingirl2004/status/1692225752102547474?s=20

"Bidenomics has made me stronger. I can now carry $70 worth of groceries with just my pinky."

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Nichael posted:

oh gee pretty sure I'm jewish
Kid, if my mom — if my dad were here, he’d look at you and, “Kid, you got good blood.” You got good blood. No, your great-grandpop was amazing. An amazing man. He inspired my generation. My generation. That’s how I got involved in public life. Not a joke. Not a joke.

And so, like each distinct candle, we come from different backgrounds, traditions, and generations, but we’re bonded by the menorah and the enduring belief that, in America, we know and we love the story of a nation that depends not on any one of us, not on some of us, but on all of us.

So this Hanukkah, let’s celebrate the rededication — the rededication of ourselves to the spirit of resilience, unity, and permanence.

Let’s remember who we are. We are the United States of America and there’s nothing beyond our capacity when we decide to do it together. Not a single thing.

Happy Hanukkah, America. (Applause.) And God bless you all. God bless you all. (Applause.)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
oh i think he was being sarcastic. nice! 🤣🤣

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Soul crushing

What do you call it when most people don't want a guy to be president but have to vote for him anyway, doesn't sound like democracy

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
better than republicans at least.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Indian nationalist propaganda that everyone on Reddit laps up. Always ignores Churchill’s letters to Roosevelt pleading for him to send aid to India. Also ignores the fact that this was during a world war as if it was easy to stop a famine which was a regular occurrence in India.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

better than republicans at least.

In a "choosing the least painful method of dying" sort of way.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

Kid, if my mom — if my dad were here, he’d look at you and, “Kid, you got good blood.” You got good blood. No, your great-grandpop was amazing. An amazing man. He inspired my generation. My generation. That’s how I got involved in public life. Not a joke. Not a joke.

And so, like each distinct candle, we come from different backgrounds, traditions, and generations, but we’re bonded by the menorah and the enduring belief that, in America, we know and we love the story of a nation that depends not on any one of us, not on some of us, but on all of us.

So this Hanukkah, let’s celebrate the rededication — the rededication of ourselves to the spirit of resilience, unity, and permanence.

Let’s remember who we are. We are the United States of America and there’s nothing beyond our capacity when we decide to do it together. Not a single thing.

Happy Hanukkah, America. (Applause.) And God bless you all. God bless you all. (Applause.)

is biden ever joking or just telling us he isn't joking

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

I’m a bit surprised America hasn’t passed formal Poor Laws

https://apnews.com/article/nursing-home-medicaid-personal-needs-allowance-poverty-2e0a2d90d7d63d4b476397a50a9cddff

quote:

Especially when an individual has no close relatives or no one able to financially help, the allowance can breed striking need. When Marla Carter visits her mother-in-law at a nursing home in Owensboro, Kentucky, the scene feels more 19th-century poorhouse than modern-day America. With just a $40 allowance, residents are dressed in ill-fitting hand-me-downs or hospital gowns that drape open. Some have no socks or shoes. Basic supplies run low. Many don’t even have a pen to write with.

“That’s what was so surprising to us,” Carter says, “the poverty.”

She was so horrified that she and her husband started a nonprofit, Faithful Friends Kentucky, to distribute items to area nursing home residents. Among the things most warmly received are Kleenex tissues, because facilities often stock scratchy generics and even those can be hard to come by.

“You bring a soda or a toothbrush and they’ll get so excited,” she says. “It’s so sad to me.”

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/simonateba/status/1691914479624437771

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lol this is depressing

saccharus
Jan 9, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
he's right, the US has accomplished everything it's set out to do. 40 years ago they set out to make everybody poor and by gum they did it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

didn't he say he was gonna cure cancer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

like the obvious answer is "raise the minimum wage" but

he said he was gonna cure cancer

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Assassinating Castro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's talking about the US not his administration, it's just cringey rah-rah go America stuff.

"Hey look, some guys won a war a long time ago, this country's great. Oh did those guys also oppress black people? Ah well."

Pretty embarrassing but not as bad as if he was talking about himself.