Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/1692274167729774778

lmao

bari loving weiss moderating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

jfc haha. just retire already bill

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Maher is so mad no one under 70 finds him funny that he’s basically morphing into Bill O’Riely

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Elon Meh

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Maher is so mad no one under 70 finds him funny that he’s basically morphing into Bill O’Riely

he's more like tucker in that he only ever belittled his guests while trying to gently caress ann coulter

not sure if tucker has ever had sex tho

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
what i mean is tucker and nick fuentes have a lot in common

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Tim heidecker has a pretty good bit going on now mocking his club random interviews and absolutely just making GBS threads on his guests. Maher sucks

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

Tim heidecker has a pretty good bit going on now mocking his club random interviews and absolutely just making GBS threads on his guests. Maher sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rUv9QcUKhY

About time somebody said what we were all thinking

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

might have to institute a paper bag test in this thread... if you can destroy a wet paper bag then you are stronger than musk

Musk would absolutely destroy the bag, as long as it was brown.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

sniff’n the musk

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
im supposed to be genocided? Sucks, but elon's super genius brain says it will save society from the WMV.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Lmao Tesla repo’d a fully paid for car

:10bux: says he won’t sue and will say he loves the car next week

https://reddit.com/r/RealTesla/s/19MocrXGJs

quote:

Tesla repossessed my car due to an extreme oversight on their end

I have posted this to four other Tesla related subreddits only to have them removed so hopefully this one sticks..

I have had a horrible experience with Tesla and their team in the past couple of days. My family purchased our new car a couple months ago and was enjoying it up until a few days ago when I tried to get the car into gear and it demanded that I input the password. Having not set up a password previously, I contacted Tesla about the issue.

While I was waiting to speak with a representative, I noticed that my car was no longer linked to my account on the app, nor could I log into my Tesla account. After waiting on hold for two hours, I was finally able to get through to a representative who informed me that I needed to contact Tesla Financial about this issue. I called the number provided immediately but they did not pick up as they were outside of working hours.

“Not a problem.” I thought. I’d call back again tomorrow and sort this out. I left my car in the parking lot at work overnight and had a family member pick me up and drop me off the next morning. While I’m working the next day, my boss informs me that there is a tow truck outside to tow my car. Confused, I went out to the parking lot and was told by the towing company that Tesla is repossessing my vehicle.

This is where my confusion grew. We had paid for the vehicle IN FULL at the time we picked it up from the dealership, but the towing company is just doing what tesla told them to do. so they took my car.

Shortly afterward, my father received a phone call from Tesla Financial and he asked them what was going on. They told him that Tesla had been trying to reach out to us multiple times through phone and email about a debt they have been attempting to collect on the car.

My father had been out of the country for the past couple months so any phone calls would not have reached him. He did not receive a single voicemail about this issue either. He looked through his emails and noticed that he did in fact receive only two emails on July 27 and July 28, stating that we had not yet paid for the car and that the full cost of the vehicle is still at large. These emails went ignored as he believed them to be a phishing attempt because we had already PAID IN FULL at the dealership. He also believed that Tesla could not have made such a huge mistake like this.

My father explained this over the phone but the representative did not budge. This Tesla representative was rude and unprofessional for the entire phone call—going so far as to yell at my father over the phone.

A different Tesla representative sent us an email that seemed to be a copy paste of what they had sent my father back in July and that this car is now being considered for repossession. I shot an email back explaining AGAIN that this car had been paid for in full already and that we have been very dissatisfied by how Tesla had been handling this situation.

Up until this point, we were under the impression that Tesla was repossessing our vehicle without any warning because the two emails they sent to us regarding this seemed to be a phishing scam. Again they left no voicemails about this either.

The Tesla representative then emailed back this statement:

“I am having the team fully post the funds of the cashier's check. I am redrafting the documents and title/lien to your name instead of [BANK]. I have attached documents. Once funds post I can then restore access to the vehicle and release title/lien to your name.”

Basically saying that they had the check this whole time but due to some internal oversight had not cashed it. And they came after us, accused us of not paying, and repossessed our vehicle. Not only that, they incorrectly had the title of our car under the bank’s name rather than our own.

The next day, we received another email stating that the car is now back under our name and it can be picked up from the tow yard.

No apology. No restitution.

My father emailed them back saying he was glad the issue was resolved but was disappointed that there was no restitution offered, not even an apology.

They then emailed back the equivalent of saying “well we did try to contact you about this.”

I shot back an email stating that we are frustrated because it seems like this was an internal accounting issue that we should not have been contacted about or been involved in, in the first place.

Now we find ourselves carless for four days and will have to go out of our way to pick up a car that was wrongly repossessed.

And still Tesla offers no apology, restitution, and no guarantee that they are taking steps to prevent anything like this from happening in the future.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I have been shunned by the Tesla Subreddit Consortium

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao paid with a cashier's check and didn't immediately call the bank/lawyers when tesla stole the car

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

coconono posted:

if grimes was rude to Poppy I’m kicking Grimes’s tiny little heroin filled rear end

Apparently they hate each other after making that one song together.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

moist turtleneck posted:

Lmao paid with a cashier's check and didn't immediately call the bank/lawyers when tesla stole the car

hey he said he was disappointed. thats bringing out the heavy artillery.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Rynn posted:

"He also believed that Tesla could not have made such a huge mistake like this."

:elon:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Didn’t know they could do hair plugs for under the chin

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I would probably never buy a car that could be remotely disabled or required a password

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1692432631382852066?t=OqtlFD6N8O3864jDP693Rg&s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

he sure does

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Alctel posted:

I would probably never buy a car that could be remotely disabled or required a password
remotely disabling your car if you miss your monthly payments isn't just a Tesla thing, unfortunately

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think they want me to sign up for something

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

shyduck posted:

I think they want me to sign up for something

does the web browser twitter still default to the For Your tab? I'm only on mobile

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Grey Fox posted:

does the web browser twitter still default to the For Your tab? I'm only on mobile
Appears to retain your last selection if you're already logged in even if you close the browser tab, but I just logged in using a different browser and it defaults to For You

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
He Interestinged.

https://twitter.com/EoinLenihan/status/1692338250214510778?t=N78lIlyRGKiHac1EClxoFA&s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

his show was on comedy central

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

did elon find a new way to juice engagement cuz twitter opens two identical tabs if you click on Show More on Firefox, fuckin dogshit website

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

also I'm guessing the love affair with desantis is dead which lmao

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

he restored sanity, what more can you ask??

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Rynn posted:

breath taking

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
- Whose logo is it on the car?

- Tesla's?

- So give to the company what belongs to the company.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

moist turtleneck posted:

to be fair any bank in that situation would say "lol, also lmao, good luck have fun"

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
I'm no lawyer but aren't repossessions supposed to go through civil court first anyway? Or do they just repo that poo poo on a dime fully legally?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Dr. Dumb Bitch

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it depends on the state but generally your financing terms will have a clause saying that if you don't pay the lender is allowed to take the car back

repo people aren't supposed to do anything illegal to get the car, but there's no court process before the repo. if the lender repos your car illegally you get to try and sue them for breaching the financing agreement

you can learn more by watching the classic documentary film Repo Man starring Emilio Estevez and Harry Dean Stanton

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Great movie in fairness. Should watch it anyways.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Daily Show was a documentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
tfw elon posts a new X