Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It's the LTT equivalent of "posting through it", and as we all know that's a strategy with a 100% success rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I see that Linus continues to believe in the P.T. Barnum Theory of Business.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

rio posted:

I was actually just popping in to say I posted a little joke and it was auto modded out because of “community mode”. I guess by ensuring only people with a history on their subreddit can post, they can solidify that echo chamber, I mean a safe space for real fans on Team Linus.

Which tbh is totally fair; I can’t imagine how much this tonedeaf exploitative millionaire’s feelings are hurt in addition to his reputation and friends being dragged through the mud. There is literally no other way to deal with this than to try and silence as many people as possible, after all. We will learn the real truth when they company they paid finish their investigation.

My only posts on the subreddit have been shitposts making fun of various things, but it netted me several thousand internet points, so I'm still on there shitposting.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

beep by grandpa posted:

(I still can't get over the company policy of "pls take up your sexual harassment grievance with that individual first", I've never heard of that anywhere in my career)

I think this is like a complete misunderstanding of how HR policies are supposed to work? At my workplace it is suggested that we should attempt to take workplace conflicts up with the individual and if would make us more comfortable, our supervisor or supervisors present and to mediate, really because it serves all of our interests to resolve the issue amicably without HR getting involved, sometimes notes are taken, sometimes not, we are always offered the option of documentation or to have HR involved, but most workplace conflicts are really just misunderstandings with bad moods. Like a few years ago I had someone file a complain with my supervisor for being really rude to them, they had no idea that my assistant had quit, I was extremely overloaded and that I have hearing loss, I was frenzied and literally could not hear them, I have have not had one conflict with them since then, we actually have a really good working relationship now.

But I did have a co-worker who has since departed abruptly and without comment where I was flat out told, I am suggesting you take this to HR and you will have my full backing and support, but that decision is up to you. Anything involving sexual harassment should immediately rise to that level.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 18, 2023

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's the LTT equivalent of "posting through it", and as we all know that's a strategy with a 100% success rate

They could bring in Yvonne to cry on camera for a minute or two like that Atroic guy.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

we're so sorry about the misogyny... unless you're into that poo poo

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
"Were taking a break from filming but we made these videos and you need to vote if we release then or not.

Since we got 100, 200, 500 votes It's totally out of our hands, the people said to post it and there's nothing we can do about it.

Please understand this is a hard time for us, we're doing our best during this difficult hour and we appreciate the feedback from our fans.

It's not easy running a $100 million dollar operation on my own, I get it, weade.mistakes and that's our bad. But please understand it's not up to us, as a business owner burdened with so much It's the least we could do.

After all it's about the community"

-Linus probably.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Three Olives posted:

I think this is like a complete misunderstanding of how HR policies are supposed to work? At my workplace it is suggested that we should attempt to take workplace conflicts up with the individual and if would make us more comfortable, our supervisor or supervisors present and to mediate, really because it serves all of our interests to resolve the issue amicably without HR getting involved, sometimes notes are taken, sometimes not, we are always offered the option of documentation or to have HR involved, but most workplace conflicts are really just misunderstandings with bad moods. Like a few years ago I had someone file a complain with my supervisor for being really rude to them, they had no idea that my assistant had quit, I was extremely overloaded and that I have hearing loss, I was frenzied and literally could not hear them, I have have not had one conflict with them since then, we actually have a really good working relationship now.

But I did have a co-worker who has since departed abruptly and without comment where I was flat out told, I am suggesting you take this to HR and you will have my full backing and support, but that decision is up to you. Anything involving sexual harassment should immediately rise to that level.

If someone is sexually harassing, intimidating, insulting, or otherwise making you feel uncomfortable at your work, you are under no obligations whatsoever to try and talk things out with them first. That's how it's been in the vast majority of jobs I've had, and that includes four years in the military. That's what Madison was going through and she was absolutely right to not want to have to "talk things out" with those people who were harassing her (let alone the whole "go on a date with them to ease the sexual tension" poo poo she mentioned she was told, I'm still :psyduck: at that entire concept).

A minor disagreement over how to do something? Sure, try and work that out amongst yourselves if possible. The other party escalates the situation with insults and namecalling? Best believe I'm getting management involved at that point.

Conspiratiorist posted:

They could bring in Yvonne to cry on camera for a minute or two like that Atroic guy.

Hell, why not? It's pretty clear that since she was in charge of HR at the time all the stuff Madison reported was going on that she did absolutely nothing about, that Yvonne's just as big a piece of poo poo as her husband. They absolutely should trot her out to fake cry about how this whole situation is really hurting the LTT family. I could use a good chuckle.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 18, 2023

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rubellavator posted:

we're so sorry about the misogyny... unless you're into that poo poo

the dril tweet but with "racism" scratched out and "misogyny" sharpied in its place.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Haha the reddit is like "Wow guys they did the bare minimum can we just like stop?!"

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
They've given up two entire days of revenue. Do you want Linus' children to starve?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Triikan posted:

They've given up two entire days of revenue. Do you want Linus' children to starve?

They'll be fine, they'll just have to eat all the chips they've been sent to review.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So what was up with the Madison posts being deleted from Reddit?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
so ltt had a of account with the staff on it? what the gently caress?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rinkles posted:

Mass reported and taken down by an automated system, most likely.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kibner posted:

Mass reported and taken down by an automated system, most likely.

That sounds ripe for abuse.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Rinkles posted:

That sounds ripe for abuse.

well we are talking about the website that gave us gamergate

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

njsykora posted:

I will interrupt the thread to remind everyone that certified Good Lad Cathode Ray Dude's great series on weird quick boot systems has now gotten up to a laptop that could just function as a TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMwLbIQlOg

Bless him for finding some of the worst computers of the early-mid 2000s to share with us

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Rinkles posted:

Aren't they back? Or are they gone again?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Celexi posted:

so ltt had a of account with the staff on it? what the gently caress?

I mean, what else do you expect from the company where the owner sent his video editor unedited security footage of his cock and balls swinging in the wind when they got hacked, followed by two hours of barely concealed sitting Linus dong?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

I mean, what else do you expect from the company where the owner sent his video editor unedited security footage of his cock and balls swinging in the wind when they got hacked, followed by two hours of barely concealed sitting Linus dong?

After Madison's tweets, that whole situation definitely takes on a whole new (and unpleasant) aspect.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Kazinsal posted:

I missed this, can I get some context to it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Celexi posted:

I missed this, can I get some context to it

LTT's youtube page got hacked, and Linus had to get up in the middle of the night to deal with it

they made a video out of footage of Linus getting up in the middle of the night to deal with it

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
When they got hacked they for some reason put in Linus nude walking around reacting when he got the call.

Apparently one of the employees agreed to do it and started from a blurred screen and did a reverse blur so no cock and balls were viewed.

That's the story anyway.

Still weird

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

LTT's youtube page got hacked, and Linus had to get up in the middle of the night to deal with it

they made a video out of footage of Linus getting up in the middle of the night to deal with it

It should also be noted that Linus sleeps in the nude, which is OK, to each their own and all that. The part that was :psyduck: was that he A)proceeded to sit at a chair buck naked to try and figure out what was going on, B)did all this knowing his home security cameras were recording him all the while, and C)sent the footage from said cameras to his editor Dennis, who had to blur everything out and then just reduce the blur gradually until Linus' Tech Tip was obscured. Instead of, oh I dunno, putting on a loving pair of boxers or something first.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Man next we're going to find out that the guy who ordered and was approved for a Linus body pillow didn't do it of his own volition.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
The man can't stop selling stuff.

You block him off social media, he opens a lemonade stand. And if you buy one the screwdrivers come out between squeezes.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
:nws:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

:getout:

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It should also be noted that Linus sleeps in the nude, which is OK, to each their own and all that. The part that was :psyduck: was that he A)proceeded to sit at a chair buck naked to try and figure out what was going on, B)did all this knowing his home security cameras were recording him all the while, and C)sent the footage from said cameras to his editor Dennis, who had to blur everything out and then just reduce the blur gradually until Linus' Tech Tip was obscured. Instead of, oh I dunno, putting on a loving pair of boxers or something first.

I just want to point out that Dennis has done this often enough that this is the system HE HAD TO DEVELOP TO STOP SEEING HIS BOSS'S HOG.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
one thing I noticed when going through their hosed up ltt store is that their women models are awkwardly uncomfortable or there is a lot of photo detail into... body features or poses that have nothing to do with the item itself.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It's just a weird, weird thing to have to tell your employees "oh by the way I'm full rear end nude in this footage so.. enjoy"

Something that you just don't wanna even have entering your brain about a boss or coworker.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Wasn't it GN Steve who called him in the middle of the night during the hack?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

priznat posted:

It's just a weird, weird thing to have to tell your employees "oh by the way I'm full rear end nude in this footage so.. enjoy"

Something that you just don't wanna even have entering your brain about a boss or coworker.

its more of a cult enviroment thing, are they going to pivot to cult like athene paladin?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Celexi posted:

its more of a cult enviroment thing, are they going to pivot to cult like athene paladin?

cult of linustology

NXILTT

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's good that they have a variety of body sizes and colours modelling the merch. It's bad that they're his employees. It's weird that his size 0 wife is the first image for most of the women's underwear.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

well why not posted:

It's good that they have a variety of body sizes and colours modelling the merch. It's bad that they're his employees. It's weird that his size 0 wife is the first image for most of the women's underwear.

Well, she's the co-owner, and currently the majority owner, I believe, so while it's weird it's not gross like making your employees do it is.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

well why not posted:

some of the pictures are kinda risque and in one of them there are details that a real photographer and model would have covered up as they are uh..

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Triikan posted:

I just want to point out that Dennis has done this often enough that this is the system HE HAD TO DEVELOP TO STOP SEEING HIS BOSS'S HOG.

To be fair to Linus in this case the first few videos where Dennis did that were because they were videos directed and made by him involving him sneaking into and staying out of sight of Linus overnight in Linus’s home as a gag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

the panacea posted:

Wasn't it GN Steve who called him in the middle of the night during the hack?

Yep, Steve was overseas in Asia for some kind of event and/or manufacturing tour, so the go live notification popped off on Steve's phone when it really shouldn't have, and then it's this obvious hack, so Steve called Linus' phone until he picked up, which is where the footage starts.