Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

Bad news

Shame. I just hope they don't make every future Nihility character revolve around dots. That class probably has some of the most varied characters between actual dps units, debuffers and of course dot enablers. Though I do struggle to think of what else the class can do unless we start to get some broken hybrid characters like Luocha.

Out of the 2 teams I'm focusing on, 5 of the characters are Nihility and I'm tempted to drop Asta for Luka and just use all 6. There's not another class at the moment that can do that.

FractalSandwich posted:

She's on Subscribe for More!. That's like somewhere.

That's how we met Topaz and Luka. I think Luka is the first character we can actually recruit who we're not forced to interact with through the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I use my resin really liberally. Most recently I made an Effect Hit Rate chest for March which completely changed her as a character, I absolutely adore using her now every chance I can get.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Izzhov posted:

I use my resin really liberally. Most recently I made an Effect Hit Rate chest for March which completely changed her as a character, I absolutely adore using her now every chance I can get.

My rule is to use it on supports only. They're less impacted by poor substats and mostly care about the mainstat. Plus things like Def% and HP% are more common and are good for them.

My last 2 both went to Gepard. He has speed boots and an err rope now and will be much better when I can get both leveled.

Also today's relic dive granted me Quantum speed boots so I think I have 8 full pairs now.

I also just use all of my relic remains on random poo poo asap. I only leave myself with enough for my next resin.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Eej posted:

Even if speed boots are the same drop rate as ER ropes the fact that you can just log in and auto battle to farmbboots instead of do actual SU runs for ropes means the effort required is significantly more for ropes.

Yes, but you get twice as many ropes as boots per stamina point spent. Both cost 40 stamina and yield 2-3 relics, but SU only gives orbs and ropes, while the others are split between head, chest, boots, and arms.

Honestly, for my money crit chests are the most annoying to farm for. I can never get the one I want between crit damage and crit chance.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Zurai posted:

Yes, but you get twice as many ropes as boots per stamina point spent. Both cost 40 stamina and yield 2-3 relics, but SU only gives orbs and ropes, while the others are split between head, chest, boots, and arms.

Honestly, for my money crit chests are the most annoying to farm for. I can never get the one I want between crit damage and crit chance.

they're not split evenly between types

and neither are the stats on the boots or ropes

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 17, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want fuuuuuu I wanna do some dumb poo poo like kaf fu bai bron

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Excelzior posted:

they're not split evenly between types

and neither are the substats on the boots or ropes

To try to be helpful, this video lays out all the details of stats/substats but the tldr is you've only got a 5.5% shot at an ER rope relative to ~10% on the next worst stuff, so if you're going to use an ER Rope it's basically always correct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbNUnRc40o

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I really like it when Kafka says "say bye to breathing"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meowywitch posted:

I want fuuuuuu I wanna do some dumb poo poo like kaf fu bai bron

My initial play with Fu is gonna be to ditch Nat and see how good Kafka/Sampo/Asta/Fu jams

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

like 80% of my resin have gotten me also amazing substats

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Am pretty happy with where my Blade is at right now. Tends to hit for 10k or so a strike with Forest of Blades without additional buffs, which means 20k for whoever his primary target is. Is exactly one SPD faster than my Bronya.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

where's the critdam

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GateOfD posted:

where's the critdam
It's over 100, but yeah there's room for improvement, I can afford signficiantly lower crit rate than I have now considering the +16% the relic set gives me, and my head and hand relics along with the rope could be improved on.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
my blade's cdmg is 50% and that was still enough to 30/30 this MoC. seems like a useless stat to me

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I max out at 26 stars, no chance of 3*ing 7-10, dps is just too low.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Pain of Mind posted:

I max out at 26 stars, no chance of 3*ing 7-10, dps is just too low.

I can't even clear 6, I need two Luochas.

Those damned gorillas are the worst, and Yanqing is much stronger in gameplay than in lore. I probably just need more levels.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

padijun posted:

my blade's cdmg is 50% and that was still enough to 30/30 this MoC. seems like a useless stat to me

the gently caress is the rest of your team and their stats?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
seele, silverwolf, and luocha for the air/imaginary sides of 9 and 10. everyone has unimpressive relics, though seele has her 5* light cone. traces are at 8/10 where appropriate

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Captain France posted:

I can't even clear 6, I need two Luochas.

Those damned gorillas are the worst, and Yanqing is much stronger in gameplay than in lore. I probably just need more levels.

What you need is a fire main character and the protection light cone from the herta store.

Everything bounces off.* Eats lots of aggro.

You already have Luocha so you've got the buff stripping already sorted. Just need a bit of extra protection. Also if the monkey is one shotting anyone after that your character levels are too low.

*Bounces off fire main character. The team shields are poxy but good enough. At that point you can auto battle it and do whatever.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 18, 2023

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

yeah, Fire MC makes for a decent tank if you don't have Gepard. The other thing with the ape is to keep an eye on when you kill the dogs, as that will make the Ape hit twice in a row

I'm pretty happy with my MoC record now

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1692469649261416883

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I did it. First time. Jing/Ting/Bailu/Silver on one team, Clara/Blade/Luocha/Yukong on the other. Cleared the last one with 31 turns left. Was absolutely impossible until I did some major relic farming and tracing.

Also with same characters in different configuration I managed to 3 star level 6 of that new Memory that was feeling impossible. The infinite fire breathing fish is so much goddamned damage to heal through.

I need to change up my Ting just slightly, level up a different lightcone so she can ult every 3 turns instead of 4. I think that is going to be a pretty monumental increase in power for whatever team I put her on.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 18, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

1.3 Livestream codes - only valid today, redeem fast

LANPVGET8HFT

BA7NCHFA9HWX

ASN6CHXBRHW3

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 18, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Aurum Alley seems like Bellabog Museum 2.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Finally, a healer based on canned rotten fish.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

1.3 thoughts

huh I guess we ARE wrapping up on the Luofu
free Sushang!
i'm down for more business sims
SU/Propagation stuff looks neat
free 10 pulls are always welcome
skipping the warps to save for 1.4

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
sure hope we get to actually manually make the condensed resin, and that it's not purely an overflow forgiveness mechanic

lynx makes fu xuan's banner a must-pull just by dint of being a quantum healer, nuff said

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
If we are wrapping up Luofu, talk about a speedrun plot-wise.

But the new QoL looks great. SU stuff looks interesting but a bit complex, I知 sure it値l make more sense in-game after taking it for a test drive.

Quantum stays winning.

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Am pretty happy with where my Blade is at right now. Tends to hit for 10k or so a strike with Forest of Blades without additional buffs, which means 20k for whoever his primary target is. Is exactly one SPD faster than my Bronya.

I've gotten some insane luck on my substats, I need a better CDmg Chest to fully max my Blade but he's a beast, was hoping to finish building him before Kafka. Almost to 8k health but might swap to Wind Dmg Sphere if I find one as good.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

coolusername posted:

If we are wrapping up Luofu, talk about a speedrun plot-wise.

But the new QoL looks great. SU stuff looks interesting but a bit complex, I知 sure it値l make more sense in-game after taking it for a test drive.

Quantum stays winning.

like i said, i didn't know what was really left narrative-wise besides sealing the stellaron (which is easy when the antagonists are all gone) and saying goodbyes, and looks like i was right

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

genshin got us used to "new region = new MC powers" and we didnt get one this time around

which is fine if we're going to hop from world to world so much more frequently

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
1.3 looks awesome

4 new quests of the best type of narrative content in the game, spiritual successor to the funnest event in the game so far, new content for the most fun permanent game mode in the game

I'm excited

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tree Reformat posted:

like i said, i didn't know what was really left narrative-wise besides sealing the stellaron (which is easy when the antagonists are all gone) and saying goodbyes, and looks like i was right

Yeah, that's the impression I got too. The idea that it would go into a whole 2nd arc on the Luofu with a new boss fight seemed like wishful thinking.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Excelzior posted:

genshin got us used to "new region = new MC powers" and we didnt get one this time around

which is fine if we're going to hop from world to world so much more frequently

it makes sense in genshin because traveling to each land and working its magic is the whole conceit. the trailblazer isn't trailblazing to find and collect aeons. different games different goals.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Not interested in pulling any characters until Blade comes around again. I will E6 a five star, goddamnit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh please let Fu be in the second half, I have a stock to replenish

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Oh please let Fu be in the second half, I have a stock to replenish

She is. Dan comes first.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Whew. Thank you Daniel related distraction.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Gonna pull for daniel and then save. Topaz looks kinda fun but unless her kit is extremely up my alley I'd rather just grab Blade or Fu Xuan on a rerun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Are reruns going to be that common? I知 used to gacha where you might wait a year+ to get a banner second run.