Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Esteban Ocon loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fernando is faster than you.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/...ium=Zoho+Social

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

Big loving difference. Alonso is actually cool

yeah, fernando is the kind of guy who if he has no friends, it's because he just doesn't want to hang out with people. he's a charismatic man with a jaw to kill for

george is the kind of guy who if he has no friends, it's because he's an insufferable prick

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

In the latest Grand Tour, Clarkson struggled to remember George's name while he fired off Lewis and Lando straight away.

It's kinda funny how some (most?) of us have turned on him from when he was a rookie and seemed to be well liked by all.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The danger of being perfect company man shill is that some people will see through it. Yeah there is nothing obvious at first to dislike about him, but there also isn’t anything to endear him. It’s like the NSX is a surgically fast machine, but it has no flaws whereas a Ferrari has such pAsSioNe that they endear themselves to people. The cars aren’t special if they just execute everything all the time, they gotta blow up a bit to add that spark to your relationship!

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Custard Undies posted:

In the latest Grand Tour, Clarkson struggled to remember George's name while he fired off Lewis and Lando straight away.

It's kinda funny how some (most?) of us have turned on him from when he was a rookie and seemed to be well liked by all.

I haven't like George since his crash with Big Valt in Imola where he went up to him and got in his face after the crash blaming him. Only to turn around next season and almost kill Zhou doing the same exact thing he did to Valt. Stupid motherfucker.

Diet Crack posted:

Note that the shirt is also from Miami, the most stupid race of all, and it has his number on it because he's a massive chud wanker.

I think Las Vegas will take that title away from Miami. They did re-pave it though, so maybe not.

Modulo16 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 17, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i judge drivers by how good a conversation i think i could have with them. i can't imagine speaking to george russell and not having him bore me to death.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
In a previous incarnation, George was a good officer of the East India Company enforcing taxation during a famine.

His next incarnation was an officer of the Raj that carried out various atrocities in order to maintain order.

His next incarnation was being a Thatcher acolyte and gutting British social services.

Now we have George Russell - F1 racer that is not as good as Lewis.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

There’s a “guess who the quote is about” thing on F1s youtube channel where someone says something good about Lance. The way he says, “oh thanks Otmar” when he finds out who said it had me dying.

Also, fta: “I’m doing other things that I can’t really speak about in the interview…”. It’s his sister right?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

TheBacon posted:

The danger of being perfect company man shill is that some people will see through it. Yeah there is nothing obvious at first to dislike about him, but there also isn’t anything to endear him. It’s like the NSX is a surgically fast machine, but it has no flaws whereas a Ferrari has such pAsSioNe that they endear themselves to people. The cars aren’t special if they just execute everything all the time, they gotta blow up a bit to add that spark to your relationship!

I would take an nsx if I was given one op

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They were all very bad at that quote game.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

In a previous incarnation, George was a good officer of the East India Company enforcing taxation during a famine.

His next incarnation was an officer of the Raj that carried out various atrocities in order to maintain order.

His next incarnation was being a Thatcher acolyte and gutting British social services.

Now we have George Russell - F1 racer that is not as good as Lewis.

drat this is spot on.

I dislike him because 1) above and 2) he tries to be Alonso and make strategy calls from the car but he's always wrong/an idiot.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

amenenema posted:

drat this is spot on.

I dislike him because 1) above and 2) he tries to be Alonso and make strategy calls from the car but he's always wrong/an idiot.

I still get a good chuckle when he thought it was raining but it turned out he was just sweaty.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

To be fair Mercedes strategy team has been terrible these past few years.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Does anybody know any salespeople at Honda Powersports dealers in the Metro Vancouver area? Ideally they would be meth or crack addicts and desperate to make a sale so they can get their next fix.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
Remember when George Russell gave Toto a powerpoint presentation on why he should be a Merc driver?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

AFewBricksShy posted:

I still get a good chuckle when he thought it was raining but it turned out he was just sweaty.

Brits aren't used to it being warm enough for sweating. They do know about rain.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
this has been a boring rear end break

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

It's a european break so they're actually away

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

net work error posted:

It's a european break so they're actually away

I thought a european break meant it isn't cheating as long as you smoke a cigarette after.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You have to chain smoke a pack

Edit: Some very Ron Dennis MTC language in this, does look cool though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10ZrM2CUkU

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 17, 2023

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mega job everyone building the factory

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/38209020/felipe-massa-lawyers-seek-compensation-lost-2008-formula-one-title

quote:

Lawyers for former Ferrari driver Felipe Massa have started legal action against Formula One bosses and the governing FIA seeking substantial damages resulting from an alleged 'conspiracy' that denied him the 2008 championship.

The Letter Before Claim said the Brazilian, now 42, was robbed of the title through actions at the highest level that cost him tens of millions of euros in lost earnings and bonuses.

It said Massa had instructed lawyers in Britain, Brazil, the United States, Switzerland and France.

A Letter Before Claim is a required formal legal notice before court proceedings can be initiated.

There was no immediate response from the FIA and Formula One to a Reuters request for comment. Formula One is currently on an August shutdown.

"Simply put, Mr Massa is the rightful 2008 Driver's Champion, and F1 and FIA deliberately ignored the misconduct that cheated him out of that title," said the letter, seen by Reuters, sent from the London offices of Enyo Law on Aug. 15.

"Mr Massa is unable to fully quantify his losses at this stage but estimates that they are likely to exceed tens of millions of Euros.

"This amount does not cover the serious moral and reputational losses suffered by Mr Massa."

The letter was addressed to Formula One chief executive Stefano Domenicali, previously Massa's team boss at Ferrari, and Paris-based FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem.

It warned that, without a satisfactory response to his potential claims, Massa intended to "pursue legal action in order to seek compensation for the harm he has suffered as well as recognition that, but for those unlawful acts, he would have been awarded the 2008 Championship."

It warned that in the absence of a substantive reply within 14 days, the lawyers "anticipate being instructed to commence legal proceedings in the English courts without further notice to you".

Massa was leading the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix when fellow-Brazilian Nelson Piquet crashed his Renault into the wall on lap 14 of the 61-lap race.

The crash triggered the safety car and benefited Piquet's Spanish team mate Fernando Alonso, who won the race.

Massa failed to score after a bungled pitstop and McLaren's Lewis Hamilton eventually beat him by a point for the championship.

Piquet revealed in 2009 that he had been told to crash by Renault team bosses, who were subsequently banned. The scandal, dubbed 'crashgate', became one of the biggest in the sport's history.

Massa sought legal advice after former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone told a German website in March that he and former FIA president Max Mosley knew at the time that Piquet crashed deliberately but had not acted.

"I want justice. To understand if what happened was correct or not," Massa told Reuters in May.

"If the most important people from Formula One and the FIA knew in 2008 and didn't do anything, you think that was fair? It's not fair."

In the interview with https://www.f1-insider.com Ecclestone was quoted as saying, in translation, that "we wanted to protect the sport and save it from a huge scandal".

"I still feel sorry for Massa today," he added. "He was cheated out of the title he deserved, while Hamilton had all the luck in the world and won his first championship."

Ecclestone, now 92 and ousted as F1 supremo in 2017 after U.S.-based Liberty Media took over as the commercial rights holders, was not immediately available to confirm the quotes were accurate.

The Letter Before Claim said it was clear from the interview that "Mr Massa was the victim of a conspiracy committed by individuals at the highest level of F1 together with the FIA and Formula One Management."

Massa did not win again after 2008, with the Brazilian suffering a near-fatal head injury at the 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix. He retired in 2017.

Mosley, who worked closely with Ecclestone, died in 2021 while FIA race director Charlie Whiting, another key figure, died in 2019.

Maybe Lewis can lose the 2008 title then sue to get the 2021 title back.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Massa has that Bolsonaro brain

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Thanks Ants posted:

You have to chain smoke a pack

Edit: Some very Ron Dennis MTC language in this, does look cool though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10ZrM2CUkU

are lavish campus factories covered by the cost caps?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

the 2022 break was like the 2021 race of breaks when seb retired and set the dominos in motion

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rinkles posted:

are lavish campus factories covered by the cost caps?

No, so I suspect someone is going to try building a warehouse out of carbon fibre aero parts

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Can't believe Piquet did this to us.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

MotoGP this weekend if you want to see some actual racing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tldr Massa is broke and needs cash?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thanks Ants posted:

Massa has that Bolsonaro brain

Springing into action 15 years later

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ilmucche posted:

A Ferrari driver being slow... unheard of

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ilmucche posted:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ilmucche posted:

[Edit] I see what you did there ^^^

It’s because Bernie let slip in an interview this spring that he and Max knew it was dodgy from the jump.

Mosley is cold in the ground, Bernie is Bernie and a loving SNK fighting game boss when it comes to legal issues, so most likely this gets settled and Massa gets paid a small wedge to go away.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

net work error posted:

I would not take a George Russell if given one

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

net work error posted:

It’s a great analogy but the NSX-R absolutely loving owns. I’d pick it 12 times out of 10 against almost any other car of the era.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y76hik2rnMs

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

https://youtu.be/JUVkVB3SUf4

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll