Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Benagain posted:

the tribune endorsing Obama as their first-ever democratic candidate pick because he was from Chicago.

the tribune editor who wished for a Katrina to hit Chicago so that we could rebuild better

just the tribune editorial board in general and for all time

I imagine their favorite part of Katrina is that it ended all public schools in New Orleans to this day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Love to eat cornbread with a side of grits.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

funny politics poo poo you remember: whopper end of long table

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

personally i'd have given more table real estate to wendy's but at least he limited the bk to a single whopper station

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Zerg Mans posted:

I imagine their favorite part of Katrina is that it ended all public schools in New Orleans to this day

Almost literally what was in the editorial lol.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/opin...813-column.html

quote:

Residents overthrew a corrupt government. A new mayor slashed the city budget, forced unpaid furloughs, cut positions, detonated labor contracts. New Orleans' City Hall got leaner and more efficient. Dilapidated buildings were torn down. Public housing got rebuilt. Governments were consolidated.

An underperforming public school system saw a complete makeover. A new schools chief, Paul Vallas, designed a school system with the flexibility of an entrepreneur. No restrictive mandates from the city or the state. No demands from teacher unions to abide. Instead, he created the nation's first free-market education system.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/6sS7TJl.gifv

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

they don't know how to approach human food

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Benagain posted:

Almost literally what was in the editorial lol.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/opin...813-column.html

quote:

A new schools chief, Paul Vallas
then he lost two mayoral races

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember the video game Hatred? Super edgy mass shooting game, you play a Nathan Explosion type dude going on a spree. As I recall, most reviews called it dull. I think about that from time to time and laugh

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

cenotaph posted:

Love to eat cornbread with a side of grits.

im also from iowa

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

The Leck posted:

then he lost two mayoral races

one of the funniest parts of the mayoral election leadup and aftermath was people declaring that Brandon Johnson was unqualified to run a city and we should go with Paul loving Vallas, a man who has done nothing but fail and con money in every single public sector job he has ever held.

oh that reminds me, when the count started to clearly trend against Vallas on election night and multiple reporters were tweeting that the Vallas watch party had quietly asked the bagpipers they'd hired to go home since they wouldn't match the mood.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Benagain posted:

one of the funniest parts of the mayoral election leadup and aftermath was people declaring that Brandon Johnson was unqualified to run a city and we should go with Paul loving Vallas, a man who has done nothing but fail and con money in every single public sector job he has ever held.

oh that reminds me, when the count started to clearly trend against Vallas on election night and multiple reporters were tweeting that the Vallas watch party had quietly asked the bagpipers they'd hired to go home since they wouldn't match the mood.

that just sounds like underestimating professional bagpipers

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ken bone

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Trump thinking everyone has a battery with a finite amount of energy and once it’s depleted you die

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"beautiful human submarines"

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

the post office going from being intentionally dismantled (along with democracy) by DeJoy to being fine, actually, the instant joe was inaugurated

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Best Friends posted:

the post office going from being intentionally dismantled (along with democracy) by DeJoy to being fine, actually, the instant joe was inaugurated

the space force being a joke to “actually it’s critical for national security” the moment Joe was inaugurated

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember the video game Hatred? Super edgy mass shooting game, you play a Nathan Explosion type dude going on a spree. As I recall, most reviews called it dull. I think about that from time to time and laugh

the police were too good and you couldn't actually have fun. They could shoot you before you could see them sometimes.

weird game

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Verritt codes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hillary Clinton got so drunk she couldn't give a concession speech

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

vyelkin posted:

I did the same at my divorce proceedings

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

vyelkin posted:

The forever unused glass ceiling confetti.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Best Friends posted:

No no no, you child, the USPS Board of Governors is more powerful than the President of the United States of America, which you would have understood if you hadn't slept through Civics 101, you racist Bernie Bro.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Haha, it's funny because we saw how instantly that got binned

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

the space force being a joke to “actually it’s critical for national security” the moment Joe was inaugurated

the space force deciding to call its members 'Guardians', so there's a bunch of fat IT dorks who are officially the SPACE FORCE GUARDIANS

the space force adopting its own new fitness standards which are much more lax about things like weight gain than any other branch of service, in acknowledgement of the fact that it is mostly composed of aforementioned fat IT dorks

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
UPS thanked the Florida police who annihilated one of their drivers with automatic gunfire when he had been taken hostage by a petty thief

The police also used stuck motorists as human shields while spraying bullets everywhere with no regard for their backgrounds on a crowded highway

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

paul_soccer12 posted:

UPS thanked the Florida police who annihilated one of their drivers with automatic gunfire when he had been taken hostage by a petty thief

The police also used stuck motorists as human shields while spraying bullets everywhere with no regard for their backgrounds on a crowded highway

oh course they thanked them. That man was 3 days from retirement

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

I did the same at my divorce proceedings

lol at the idea of giving a concession speech at a divorce proceeding

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol at the idea of giving a concession speech at a divorce proceeding

happy birthday to this future divorcee

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Madonna/status/786105573364359168?s=20

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The embed is broken for me but I recognise that tweet lol

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I especially love the stylized madonna cartoon next to the absolute blandest possible smiling hillary face on the same (but fatter) body

you can just tell it took eleven focus groups for them to actually approve that thing

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

This was already tacky and embarrassing, but Domino's????

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
putting all the fries next to the pizza is weird, except that I guess that is the heat lamped table so it does kinda make sense

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
lolling again at how bacterial all that food was by the time anyone got to eat any of it, and how even worse it was when trump went apeshit on the leftovers

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ScrubLeague posted:

lolling again at how bacterial all that food was by the time anyone got to eat any of it, and how even worse it was when trump went apeshit on the leftovers

lol bacteria doesn't grow on McDonald's food

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
cheese eating surrender monkeys

known unknowns and unknown unknowns

"you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want"

libs boasting about buying body armor for the troops

the cancellation of the dixie chicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU