Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

cmndstab posted:

Don't worry, the real Crows team (AFLW) is about to start playing again :unsmith: They had a nice win in the practice match over Brisbane last weekend, albeit we didn't get any kind of match report so I can only go by the final score.

I've already bought my ticket for the game they're playing in Canberra, which will be the first pro game of Aussie Rules I've been to for like 20 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Slip of the tongue, I know, but Eddie suggesting that the "axe is going to come down on Adam Goodes" (instead of Simpson) was a thing

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Slip of the tongue or slip of the racism brains?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Diet Crack posted:

Slip of the tongue or slip of the racism brains?

Porque las dos?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Adelaide deserves to lose to Sydney with the side they've named, dropping two young players with a future to accommodate the cooked potatoes getting us nowhere except the marketing targets, which the club cares more about than building to and winning a premiership

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Kevin Sheedy was a speaker at an event I was doing at work today, despite being seemingly unrelated to the general theme of the thing. Also he picked up buffet food with his fingers, and stayed for a pissy amount of time despite having a whole booth for just him.

Good grift if you can get it, I guess.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Are Collingwood done or are they doing that thing where you train hard, drop the last few games and then blast em in finals?

I say this because they just lost to non-Gabba Brisbane

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They're gonna gift Daicos the Brownlow because "look how poo poo the pies were without him"

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

monolithburger posted:

Kevin Sheedy was a speaker at an event I was doing at work today, despite being seemingly unrelated to the general theme of the thing. Also he picked up buffet food with his fingers, and stayed for a pissy amount of time despite having a whole booth for just him.

Good grift if you can get it, I guess.

He's famous for this, I've been at two lunches for work stuff where he does the absolute minimum and disappears after a short ramble.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Are Collingwood done or are they doing that thing where you train hard, drop the last few games and then blast em in finals?

I say this because they just lost to non-Gabba Brisbane

We aren't that good, and we rely heavily on the three big pieces that were missing tonight.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

glasnost toyboy posted:

We aren't that good, and we rely heavily on the three big pieces that were missing tonight.

Yeah I guess the Pies aren't extremely good, but they are good at clawing back wins where other teams can't, and that also gives them a "crunched-up terminator vibe" that unnerves teams

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bombers Giants should be a good un

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Today is BluesDay.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I believe heavier training loads are usually done closer to the bye than the end of the season?

I got curious about 'form' running into finals.

- 13 of 20 Grand Finalists had a record of 4-1 or 5-0
- Only twice did the team with a worse end of season record win: Sydney 2012 and Dogs 2016.
- Only three teams made the Grand Final winning 2 out of their last 5 games: Sydney 2012, Adelaide 2017, Dogs 2021

2012: 2-3 / 5-0
2013: 4-1 / 4-1
2014: 4-1 / 4-1
2015: 4-1 / 4-1
2016: 3-2 / 5-0
2017: 4-1 / 2-1-2
2018: 4-1 / 3-2
2019: 5-0 / 3-2
2021: 5-0 / 2-3
2022: 5-0 / 5-0

Above is the last five games for the Premier & Runner Up of the last 10 seasons (ignoring 2020).

If I had the time, I would be interested to see at the overall finals record for top four teams based on their last five games.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Testekill posted:

Today is BluesDay.

:hai:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Essendon played North and West Coast twice. They won the North games by a combined margin of 15 points, and beat West Coast by only a point the second time.

They got Hawthorn in round 1 well before the Hawks got their poo poo together, and notched wins against GWS and Carlton while both were in poor form.

They're currently being obliterated by GWS.

I know you can only only beat the opposition in front of you, but I really think their fixture leaves them a lot closer to finals than they should be.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I mean, that's what the team has been saying the whole year. We probably should have listened. Still, it's tough to watch.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
105 point margin at 3/4 time. Wowsers.

In round 23, against a side with the same amount of wins, while sitting 9th on the ladder.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

Narrator: it wasn’t

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Someone should start a footy version of 'freezingcoldtakes'

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I'm going to become a soccer fan now :)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

thepokey posted:

I'm going to become a soccer fan now :)

how's that working out right now? :v:

Sainters...good?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

harperdc posted:

how's that working out right now? :v:

Better to lose by 2 than 126 :shrug:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Saints player tries to spear a kick inside 50 to King, doesn't execute it, goes out of bounds. Umpire pays a free kick to Geelong for "insufficient intent".

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Windmill Hut posted:

Essendon played North and West Coast twice. They won the North games by a combined margin of 15 points, and beat West Coast by only a point the second time.

They got Hawthorn in round 1 well before the Hawks got their poo poo together, and notched wins against GWS and Carlton while both were in poor form.

They're currently being obliterated by GWS.

I know you can only only beat the opposition in front of you, but I really think their fixture leaves them a lot closer to finals than they should be.

Very good post, the dons have been picking up four points across the season in various fashion helping them rise up the ladder and stick around that 'in contention for finals' grouping which was huge this season, about 12 teams could have made the 8 a few weeks ago.

But then you look at the ladder and the points against for Essendon are woeful (1949), the third worst in the league after North (2221) and Eagles (2466), they have currently conceded 28 more points than Hawthorn (1921, who play tomorrow) so they're a bottom four team in that regard. The Suns (1812, 15th) and Richmond (1889, 12th) are just above them in points against and are 2 and 5 places below Essendon, where they realistically should be sitting in that group in the bottom 6.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Diet Crack posted:

I lied

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Sainters :getin:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

GET OUT AND STAY OUT GEELONG

They will always hang around cos Kardinia Park and Jeremy Cameron but I can't see them getting better next year. Smith is gone, Dangerfield is old, Hawkins is old, many of their mids (Duncan, Guthrie, Blicavs) are 32+.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Its crow-ver

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

drunkill posted:

Its crow-ver

Is it?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

it is now, they went the early crow and lost because they were celebrating

edit: that was a goal lmao, crom'd

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 19, 2023

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I need to see more replays of that, didn't look like it hit anything!!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Jeez, absolute bees dick in that behind.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Didn't hit the post, the broken as gently caress goal review system strikes again, everyone involved should be strung up from the Torrens bridge

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Wait what the gently caress they didn't review it!?!?!?!?!?!

"Just hit the padding" *inconclusive angle, ball doesn't change trajectory at all, not touched, everyone thinks it's a goal but the umpires*

unfuckingbelievable

It couldn't have even touched the padding - it's a clear as loving day goal.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 19, 2023

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah that's a goal.

Huge fuckup here, should have been reviewed, even after the ump said it was a behind the tv ump should have reviewed and overruled.

It is different to last week when the umpire called it touched and the ARC had no evidence to overturn the umpires call, but tonight the umpire called it touched the post and the replay footage shows a clear gap, the kick-in should not have been allowed, the field ump should have held up play for the thirty seconds for a review.

The ball should have gone back to the middle.

Huge for the crows (miss finals) and potentially Dogs and Essendon also miss finals with the swans getting the four points.

https://twitter.com/NicNegrepontis/status/1692880662490140983

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 19, 2023

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The fact that this decides up the 8 is pathetic for a controversial post that wasn't there to not even be loving reviewed even if it went the way of umpires call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Right in front of me!