Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aces High posted:

War is the H Word is definitely up there if you're a big fan of Zappisms (normally for that I would recommend Amazonian Women in the Mood but that's and episode that aged pretty badly, all things considered) especially this all-timer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRkfDMChzlI

God yes, the Professor's response is the best.

Also a big fan of the Professor's "Well tell them I hate them!" response to the Grunka Lunkas from Fry and the Slurm Factory. Also of course love (and overuse!):

"When will that be?"
"Soon enough."
"That's not soon enough!"

Sab669 posted:

I always say "Tell my wife I said hello" and no one ever picks up on it :(

How do you feel about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

“All I know is my gut says maybe” is my most used one

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

“You are technically correct, the best kind of correct” gets used by my wife or I at least once a week. She doesn’t even watch Futurama.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
"The hat goes on the head! It's all so obvious now! :haw:" I just love it so much.

That, and all the clumsy "grunka lunka dunkity" rhymes, especially "dingredient" for some reason

Sab669 posted:

I always say "Tell my wife I said hello" and no one ever picks up on it :(

I grinch-smiled when I read this :lol:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"What do we do now?"
"We could all sing American Pie"
"Go ahead, I deserve it"

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

"I have no strong feelings one way or the other" gets so much mileage

any friends/family asking my opinion on something I don't care about? Being asked where I want to go for food? It is a surprisingly versatile quote

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

"The hat goes on the head! It's all so obvious now! :haw:" I just love it so much.

"That's why i've decided to transfer to business school!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Island Nation posted:

In a unfortunate bit of timing, my pooch had to be put down today. Boneitis was ruled out.

What episode does everyone here have as their funniest? Jurassic Bark is right out.

I'm very sorry.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

That, and all the clumsy "grunka lunka dunkity" rhymes, especially "dingredient" for some reason

I grinch-smiled when I read this :lol:

Why! Why! Why didn't I break his legs!?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

bobjr posted:

It’s one of the more overused by fan bits but the neutral planet always gets me

'Brannigan Began Again' is right up there as one of my favorite episodes.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

For me anything Zapp is peak Futurama. The one joke that I think stands above then all is;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IviScOUgPpQ

It kills me everytime without fail.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
My wife and I quote “Shut up baby, I know it” all the time. https://youtu.be/s2ZdJtJo4Ok

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

LET'S GO ALREADYYYYYYY

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I can't take the lid off of a pot on the stove without exclaiming "NO GOOD! IT'S FULL OF STEAM!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Oh dear! I really ought to do something...buuuuut, I am already in my pajamas...:tootzzz:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You don't have to do anything, I'm still seduced from earlier!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wanted to eat that mummy!

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

mitochondritom posted:

For me anything Zapp is peak Futurama. The one joke that I think stands above then all is;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IviScOUgPpQ

It kills me everytime without fail.

This might be my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p87bwGUHtXU

"You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey? You must've smoked some bad granola."

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
"I'm not from here! I have my own customs! Look at my crazy passport!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EazNOJucBZo

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023
I probably say, "this is, by a wide margin, the least likely thing that has ever happened," more than is technically correct.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DNA Cowboys posted:

"I'm not from here! I have my own customs! Look at my crazy passport!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EazNOJucBZo

".....see you at the fight..... :ohdear:"
Later....
":smug: So then I said,"....see you at the fight.... :ohdear:"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know if "I regret NOTHING" is exclusive to Hedonsim Bot but he's definitely who I'm thinking of when I say it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

That's no ordinary space whale!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The only thinhs they did better than us was suck and die.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

"So long losers, whom I've always hated!" has been a staple among some of my friends whenever one of us leaves anywhere.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

lazerwolf posted:

My wife and I quote “Shut up baby, I know it” all the time. https://youtu.be/s2ZdJtJo4Ok

I actually quoted this semi-recently, to someone who either didn't get it or wasn't into it :smith:

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

People have been saying Nibbler sounds off but I actually think a more aged voice fits the character just as well as the younger voice did before.

I thought the episode was fine. Pretty good even. Definitely works better on a conceptual level than a jokes level, though.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It's amazing the way you notice two things

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I get a surprising amount of mileage out of "we've learned to imitute you exarctly" from The Simpsons for exactly the same reasons "now I am leaving Earth for no raisin" sees a lot of play.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the same person wrote both jokes.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Jerusalem posted:

That's Lobstertainment features one of the funniest things I have ever seen anywhere, ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crmUfGfeOJ0&t=17s

That sound.... it's.... incredible.

If Tress MacNeille ever goes... will cartoons just... stop happening?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

GigaPeon posted:

I often wonder the same thing about Frank Welker.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
With Parasites Lost being a top 10-ish episode for me, I was leery when I saw the title, but this episode wasn't too bad and had some of the best jokes of the Hulu run. I think what continues to hamper the new episodes are too many forced callbacks instead of new material. Some of the jokes were in line with the original run, though. The 3D crossword, "always be X," "At least one of you has manners," etc.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

GigaPeon posted:

She recently gave up the role of Daisy Duck, so she might be slowing down. I swore you only gave up a main Disney role upon death.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I often wonder the same thing about Frank Welker.

Frank Welker post
https://twitter.com/pkrugg/status/1689314955890159616

Also a line I probably love way more than is normal is the Professor's "Fire indeed hot."

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

muscles like this! posted:

Frank Welker post
https://twitter.com/pkrugg/status/1689314955890159616

Also a line I probably love way more than is normal is the Professor's "Fire indeed hot."

There was a line in one of the Futurama commentaries about Welker doing a flock of birds in one take.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Not sure if it was Welker or not, but I recall one of the commentaries mentioning they took a voice actor's performance and then added a bunch of filters to make it deeper/boomier/bassier etc beyond what a human could do. When they called him back in to do the character like a year later, he showed up and gave a performance that exactly matched that altered version, because he re-listened to it before coming in and didn't realize it had been altered, and just assumed it was all his voice and so re-created it perfectly :stare:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I remember hearing an anecdote once about interviewing Transformers actors and they were told not to ask Peter Cullen to do the Optimus voice but Frank Welker would do Megatron without prompting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jerusalem posted:

Not sure if it was Welker or not, but I recall one of the commentaries mentioning they took a voice actor's performance and then added a bunch of filters to make it deeper/boomier/bassier etc beyond what a human could do. When they called him back in to do the character like a year later, he showed up and gave a performance that exactly matched that altered version, because he re-listened to it before coming in and didn't realize it had been altered, and just assumed it was all his voice and so re-created it perfectly :stare:

This was Billy West with some sort of gas cloud being. He did the voice and they put a filter on it. Then the character came back when they went into the internet in some episode. And yeah, he listened to the old episode and then recreated the filtered voice.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

This was Billy West with some sort of gas cloud being. He did the voice and they put a filter on it. Then the character came back when they went into the internet in some episode. And yeah, he listened to the old episode and then recreated the filtered voice.

I thought Maurice also did that with Morbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
This episode made me laugh out loud twice, which is more of the other ones from this season.

I laughed most at "Could he be the messiah" followed by the super long drawn out moment while they look at the book and then say "nope" and close it immediately. I guess I just assumed he was gonna be the messiah so the stupidity of the fakeout really caught me off guard. I also laughed at "he was our second best guide so do most of what he says".

Like someone else mentioned however, it did seem really weird that Nibbler killed a guy and his dog. I was expecting the sickness that I knew was coming (from the episode description) to make him regurgitate them both whole... but nope.