Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

The constitution is protecting the democrats from the butchering of the democratic process that the GOP is doing in the back, agc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Love how he throws the voters in that group. "Am I so out of touch?! No, it's the voters who are wrong."

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

the_steve posted:

Ok, but why is Snow White turning tricks in DC?

I ho, I ho

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Twibbit posted:

I ho, I ho

Lmao

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

MrUnderbridge posted:

Funny how they always pick the most expensive evs to use as examples. "Oh, so they have to trade in their eight year old Celica and buy a $100k electric car?"

Meanwhile, gas-powered cars run up to eight loving figures for the very top, or over a million for cars that aren't just one or two produced.

Meanwhile, new evs are now down in the upper $20K range, which is getting close to the lowest gas powered cars.

It's even better for hybrids. I bought my Sonata hybrid for $27 k new off the lot, and have been getting 55 mpg or better. (~4.3 l/100 km in sensible units)
And also: how much can one car charger cost Michael? Ten thousand dollars?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 18, 2023

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

JamesBont posted:

Love how he throws the voters in that group. "Am I so out of touch?! No, it's the voters who are wrong."

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2lQa0RZhw&t=394s

Here's an insane clip of one of that lot straight-up complaining about college kids being able to vote. This ain't a fringe view of theirs.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A lifetime of privileged, idle living has given Trump excellent marbling and a flavor similar to that of the finest veal. A Good Cut of Meat.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

A good point, Varvel, maybe we should support a candidate who wants to do something about the burden of college costs? No? No and gently caress me for even suggesting it? Sure.

quote:

Steve Kelley

You would have to be over 60 to be able to "miss" Billy Carter, because anyone younger would just know Carter as a concept or a story, not as someone who was relevant in their lives and therefore could be "missed", you goddamned loving Boomer screaming at Boomers.

Skelley could have made it slightly more modern and even a better analogue by bringing up Neil Bush, but of course that would mean reminding people that it isn't only Democrats that have gently caress-up relatives.

Wait, gently caress, he could have brought up Roger Clinton, but no, no, too much of a Boomer to think of anyone by Billy "Billy Beer" Carter

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Kellies nomination: best edit

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Trump steaks?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Look I agree college is too expensive, degrees aren't as useful anymore, the economy is grinding workers under the hell of the rich, etc. But if you accept the framework of the system we have now (which Varvel certainly does), why are the parents crying? Giving their child a college education is what most parents keep savings for. This should be a proud moment, you got your child a leg up on their future.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It never feels good to empty your savings even if they do exactly what you saved for. :v:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Man it feels weird seeing a cartoonist complain about a problem he hates every solution to.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Doomykins posted:

It never feels good to empty your savings even if they do exactly what you saved for. :v:
It's drat clear what the comic is saying and it's not this. I'll be sure to put even more qualifiers and acknowledgements before my statement next time.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vib Rib posted:

It's drat clear what the comic is saying and it's not this. I'll be sure to put even more qualifiers and acknowledgements before my statement next time.

I know a lot of these comics are dogwhistles for vile hate but a lot are also just as banal as they look, imo. "College sure is expensive." He really needs a pink/blue-haired professor with fangs in the frame to say more than that(you know, for the vile jackasses), or maybe I don't recognize the leanings of this particular artist who isn't in the rogues gallery of thread greats.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Doomykins posted:

I know a lot of these comics are dogwhistles for vile hate but a lot are also just as banal as they look, imo. "College sure is expensive." He really needs a pink/blue-haired professor with fangs in the frame to say more than that(you know, for the vile jackasses), or maybe I don't recognize the leanings of this particular artist who isn't in the rogues gallery of thread greats.
I must be more invested in the thread than I realized because Varvel is definitely up there with the other pudding brained hatefuls, for me.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Rishi Sunak and doctors’ pay – Little to cheer NHS medics in PM’s visions"

Telegraph:

"A-levels are not a level playing field"

Independent:

Times:

In 10 years no one will care about your A-level results, Gillian Keegan tells pupils

Evening Standard:

Calls grow to give England’s Lionesses a fitting tribute if they win in final against Spain

Stephen Collins:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That Stephen Collins is a treasure.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

THE VENTURE VULTURES CIRCLE MAUI
Cartoon published 08/18/2023

The Lahaina fire fatality number currently adds up to 111 lives. That number will continue to climb, since they aren’t close to completing the search through the rubble.

Lahaina residents heard no sirens and many were forced to make a hasty escape. Now that the town is destroyed, will the residents be able to hold onto their land and rebuild? Perhaps, but many globalist billionaires undoubtedly have a desire to swoop in and pick the bones of the tragedy. The billionaires think they can develop the land better than the little people.

Let’s stay in touch! Sign Up for Our GrrrNewsletter today!

Will it be Oprah, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg. Will it be Bezos or Black Rock? The vultures may already be circling above the burnt-out town in Maui.

We do know that Hawaii’s governor, Josh Green, wants the state government to buy up properties there. That’s government for you—always about controlling land and resources while consuming taxpayer dollars. Big government already owns too much land in the contiguous US. The federal government owns 27.1% of all land in the United States and even larger percentages out west. For example, Big Guv owns 63 percent of the land in Nevada. That isn’t right—land should belong to the people. Land in Hawaii should belong to the Hawaiians, not globalist bureaucrats who desire to control where people live while keeping paradise for themselves. If they do allow towns, they’ll want ’smart cities’ where people live in pods.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Meanwhile the billionaires are able to buy up as much land as they want. Zuckerberg owns a 1,500 acre estate in Kawaii, and he loves to keep other citizens walled out. Barack Obama, who got fabulously rich from government, has built a gaudy beachfront mansion on the island of Oahu for $8.7 million. It comes with a giant, ugly seawall that damages the shoreline environment. The climate change clap trap continues to be constantly pushed by the politicians such as Barack as well as the billionaires, yet many of them live in beachfront mansions. Obama owns two! Maybe he thinks, “The oceans will rise for thee but not for me!”

Meanwhile, a crummy $700 has been proposed for the Lahaina victims, but it’s tied to more billions of dollars to be sent to a losing war in Ukraine. We’ve sent a total of $139B to defend the borders of Ukraine, but America can’t fund border control, infrastructure or even address disasters. Lahaina is Biden’s Katrina.

Donate $50 Thank you for joining us on the frontlines! SAVE AMERICA

Hawaiian residents can’t depend on government to bail them out. Government is, in fact, another circling, globalist buzzard ready to take advantage of disasters. They want to implement their various agendas meant to control humanity, while the globalist billionaire class will do as they please.

Meanwhile, “No comment” Joe Biden plans to make a personal appearance in Hawaii. He will most likely lie out on some beach there, lick an ice cream cone, and lie.

— Ben Garrison
He's so close to getting it but of course the problem can't just be simple greed, it has to be about the smart city conspiracy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Land should belong to the people, via the system of the free market! Why are all these billionaires with the most money hovering around?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Islamic Shock posted:

Man it feels weird seeing a cartoonist complain about a problem he hates every solution to.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Let the people own the land directly and decide use and ownership by voting.
no that's communism, we're a republic not a democracy
Ok so let the elected representatives own the land indirectly and decide use and ownership by debate and case law.
no that's big government, let the free market decide
Ok so let whoever can afford the land buy the land and whoever can't gets nothing.
no that's billionaires and lizard people

Who do you want to own the land Ben?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The billionaires, but not those billionaires. The ones that say the words that I like.

e: also isn't the governor trying to block the land grab?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Guavanaut posted:

Let the people own the land directly and decide use and ownership by voting.
no that's communism, we're a republic not a democracy
Ok so let the elected representatives own the land indirectly and decide use and ownership by debate and case law.
no that's big government, let the free market decide
Ok so let whoever can afford the land buy the land and whoever can't gets nothing.
no that's billionaires and lizard people

Who do you want to own the land Ben?

Land should belong to those who have always lived there, generation after generation after generation. Honest, hard working, white people.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Nenonen posted:

Land should belong to those who have always lived there, generation after generation after generation. Honest, hard working, white people.

Exactly! After all, we all know Hawaii was discovered by white people first!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

JamesBont posted:

Exactly! After all, we all know Hawaii was discovered by white people first!

I get what you're trying to say, but consider that Hawaii is geographically part of North America, the Caucasian continent. It makes total sense.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If you look at their flag, it was quite clearly discovered by British people.

Give all the land to the sausage fingers king, it's the only fair system.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hawaii was discovered by Italians, thus canonizing pineapple on pizza

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

The constitution protects the democrats. AGC

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Took me a second to realize what I was looking at in panel 2 but once I saw the exaggerated perspective of the person leaning back with a giant hourglass-mallet it really hit. Nice to see fun, wild visuals in a medium that is supposedly visual, as opposed to the usual spate of "how much liquid poo poo can I draw flying into this naked person's face" from the Brits or "two ugly people stand around an empty void holding enormous picket signs with their views on them" from the Americans.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vib Rib posted:

"how much liquid poo poo can I draw flying into this naked person's face" from the Brits
That's just British culture

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Political Cartoons 2023: That's what I called my nipples

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

I remember when I used to be excited to see Clay Bennett's name on a cartoon.

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Ann Telnaes - They've sold their souls for Trump

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Carlos Latuff

Randall Enos - Mother Smother

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

David Horsey

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Labor thrashes out AUKUS position at party conference amid dissent from MP and unions (Guardian).

Rowe:

Leak, Son of Leak:

‘Why would I?’: Anthony Albanese ‘hasn’t read’ additional 25 pages of Uluru Statement material (news.com.au). The Uluru Statement from the Heart is a single page petition from Indigenous leaders calling for reforms that are summarised as Voice, Treaty and Truth. The No campaign has latched onto the idea that the "true" Uluru Statement also contains additional pages which are a summary of draft notes and what everyone at the meetings said.

Leunig:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Clay Bennett

I remember when I used to be excited to see Clay Bennett's name on a cartoon.

I can't tell if this is lazy or actually savage commentary on how all Trump's supporters are responsible for the damage he's inflicted on our democracy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hey, Leunig, maybe there's a reason nobody wants to be around you.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

the_steve posted:

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jimmy Margulies

Ok, but why is Snow White turning tricks in DC?
Huh, the red and blue halter top/shorts combo, golden decoration in the hair and giant metal bracelets gave me a serious Lynda Carter Wonder Woman vibe.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Clay does remember how that term made life a living hell for an absurd number of Muslim Americans in the 2000s, right? Right?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

After The War posted:

Clay does remember how that term made life a living hell for an absurd number of Muslim Americans in the 2000s, right? Right?!

Does that matter, when Trumpers are co-conspirators?