Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Here's the list of stuff you can get thru Dr. Text at this time:

*mashing the dick pills button until my mouse breaks*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

anonumos posted:

We'll just eat two bags in one sitting...
Look at mister moneybags over here!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

anonumos posted:

We'll just eat two bags in one sitting...

Some will pour a smaller bag of chips into a larger bag...

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

AvesPKS posted:

Some will pour a smaller bag of chips into a larger bag...

some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

which career should I try next?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gradenko_2000 posted:

America, gently caress yeah!!!

that’s right

the one thing Americans don’t do is moderation and being normal :patriot:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Mr. Pizza posted:

which career should I try next?

I’ve always thought underwater welding would be cool

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Red Baron posted:

my father in law does this and gets to wear scuba gear that looks like it's from the 1950s.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Red Baron posted:

underwater welding? you sure you can afford Reed tuition?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

become a contract killer, and by that I mean go around destroying agreements between parties

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

mawarannahr posted:

underwater welding? you sure you can afford Reed tuition?

I’m so far in debt that I can now afford anything

you have nothing to lose but your chains, my friends

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/heyMAKWA/status/1692291183572312301?t=EzjUEv1RK__FyUTgUCGfMw&s=19
. https://twitter.com/heyMAKWA/status/1692388029712028133?t=x7k3zjimOmicuRatN65l2A&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

:yum:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there are still books and librarys. maybe newspapers and magazines will come back.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

euphronius posted:

there are still books and librarys. maybe newspapers and magazines will come back.

Not if you live in a red state.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1689514824483397632?s=20

lmao

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

euphronius posted:

I know someone who runs a library and the last time I talked to her, she told me about the two things the city was pushing her to spend most of her budget on

esports programs and AI

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AI will be dead by October so whatever

Morbus
May 18, 2004

this rules

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

I know someone who runs a library and the last time I talked to her, she told me about the two things the city was pushing her to spend most of her budget on

esports programs and AI

esports I can see—if kids who can’t afford a fast computer and connection can compete because of this program at a library, that to me is good.

Ann Arbor library will loan you out power tools, dyeing equipment, game systems, cameras, it’s really cool.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

lmao

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My hospital offers free tuition to an online university that's based here in colorado. A lot of the programs are involved within the computer touching realm (computer science bahelors, cybersecurity engineering, network management etc.) I'm halfways considering grabbing a bachelors in something IT related, because if the trend continues for healthcare providers it's going to be the absolute worst and most miserable job I can think of... all while getting paid 1/3rd what you computer janitors make. I'm sure the education is mediocore at best.. but free tuition to get out of nursing seems like a good avenue of escape..

Basically what I'm trying to say is: Stay out of healthcare when you're considering another job lol

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

That AI's name? Peggy Hill.

Nice and hot piss posted:

My hospital offers free tuition to an online university that's based here in colorado. A lot of the programs are involved within the computer touching realm (computer science bahelors, cybersecurity engineering, network management etc.) I'm halfways considering grabbing a bachelors in something IT related, because if the trend continues for healthcare providers it's going to be the absolute worst and most miserable job I can think of... all while getting paid 1/3rd what you computer janitors make. I'm sure the education is mediocore at best.. but free tuition to get out of nursing seems like a good avenue of escape..

Basically what I'm trying to say is: Stay out of healthcare when you're considering another job lol

Health care IT is still booming, especially on the data side if you know anything about how healthcare works and can touch a computer properly

Heck Yes! Loam! has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Aug 18, 2023

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol they just added a disclaimer that said it’s up to the user to judge for themselves if the suggested recipe is safe for consumption.

loving this future where all knowledge is robots just randomly suggesting things, some of which is somehow deadly.

ant poison and glue sandwich lmao

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Woops

Quote not edit

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If climate change doesn't get us, some "brilliant" idea by the techbros who brought us the Juicero will.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

i mean you will save money i guess

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Health care IT is still booming, especially on the data side if you know anything about how healthcare works and can touch a computer properly

Yeah, I'm not too certain what "field" of study would be ideal for this.. I was considering getting a masters in nursing informatics though... I wanna say those people make decent money and there's zero patient contact..so the security of working in a hospital system but not dealing with patients seems like pure joy to me.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i'm glad AI is as dumb and useless as all us doomer tankies predicted

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

did zegermams set this one up?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Yeah, I'm not too certain what "field" of study would be ideal for this.. I was considering getting a masters in nursing informatics though... I wanna say those people make decent money and there's zero patient contact..so the security of working in a hospital system but not dealing with patients seems like pure joy to me.

From what I've seen they'd much rather turn a clinical person into an IT person rather than the other way around.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

If you don't imagine any and all AI chat output in the voice of Cliffy from Cheers you are doing it wrong.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

skooma512 posted:

From what I've seen they'd much rather turn a clinical person into an IT person rather than the other way around.

Yeah, a lot of informatics, especially I think those that their work directly involves nursing staff, really enjoy those who worked as a nurse and end up with an informatics cert/degree at the end. Actually come to think of it, my old hospital required a degree in nursing and then either a degree in informatics/cert, or 2+ years of just doing the job...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

and what's wrong with that

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://abovethelaw.com/2023/08/the-supreme-court-could-overrule-rent-control-in-new-york-and-across-the-nation/

Landowners doing an end run on rent control thanks to the ayatollahs they bought.

One would think this would lead to the :coolzone: but eh, people will just live in their cars and go to work.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The Chef's Kiss... of DEATH!!!

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

This is the stuff that has tipped me firmly to team 'my dream living arrangements contain entirely too many bookshelves'

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Buffer posted:

This is the stuff that has tipped me firmly to team 'my dream living arrangements contain entirely too many bookshelves'
there's a reason Harold Finch has so many books...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

If this is CSU Global, they should offer an informatics degree, or a masters in hospital information systems or something like that. I highly encourage coming over to this side, you make more money and have a better quality of life. Also, some organizations let you stay in the nurse's union! So that means if you work overtime or after hours, you get that sweet overtime pay!